Author Topic: Dan Goldin comment  (Read 59553 times)

Offline profmunkin

• Mars
Re: Dan Goldin comment
« Reply #75 on: April 23, 2012, 11:01:39 PM »
[Sick and twised

What does that mean?
[/quote]
"You were dishonest about your claim and the source for them.  We helped you achieve honesty in that regard, for which favor you now criticize us."[/quote]

I know what Jay said, what does your comment mean?
[/quote]

It means that his interpretation of my intentions is sick and twisted.
I have said from the start that I followed a link posted by sts60, ran across the comment, wondered what it meant, asked the question, it was answered, end of story.
Sick and twisted minds turned it into a witch hunt.
"We helped you achieve honesty" <- roll on the floor laughing.
"You were dishonest" you don't know anything about my intentions.

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #76 on: April 24, 2012, 11:39:58 AM »
It means that his interpretation of my intentions is sick and twisted.

Too vague.  Exactly how is it "sick and twisted?"  You're just name-calling.

I have said from the start that I followed a link posted by sts60, ran across the comment, wondered what it meant, asked the question, it was answered, end of story.

No.  Here's your first post in its unedited entirety:
I will support this forum, saying that you guys bend over backward to try to explain the science behind the space program and have demonstrated an extreme range of knowledge concerning Apollo space program!

In not wanting to be knocked out, with out further investigation on my part, what did Goldin mean by the following statement?

"Dan Goldin when interviewed by UK TV journalist Sheena McDonald in 1994.  He said that mankind cannot venture beyond Earth orbit, 250 miles into space, until they can find a way to overcome the dangers of cosmic radiation."

Only after you were quizzed about the origin of the quote did you come clean about it.  Hence my comments are correct:  you posted them initially without any attribution.  We helped you achieve honesty in the presentation of your claims (or others) then answered your question.

Sick and twisted minds turned it into a witch hunt.

See, first my comments are "sick and twisted" and now you accuse me (us) of having "sick and twisted" minds.  The escalation continues.  You've let slip a couple times how you really feel about your critics.  Want to continue coming clean?

"You were dishonest" you don't know anything about my intentions.

On the contrary, I think you've made them abundantly clear over the past few weeks.  Like most conspiracy theorists, you can't resist putting in the little jabs about your critics being closed-minded robots.  You're playing silly rhetorical games that we've all seen a hundred times.  Your goal is to show that people who belief differently from you are "sick and twisted" or otherwise closed-minded, even when they can demonstrate a more careful attitude than you.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
« Reply #77 on: April 24, 2012, 01:10:14 PM »
Profmunkin, the words you are looking for are "rigorous and demanding!"
The sun shone, having no alternative, on the nothing new. —Samuel Beckett

Offline profmunkin

• Mars
« Reply #78 on: April 24, 2012, 03:05:00 PM »
Profmunkin, the words you are looking for are "rigorous and demanding!"
I applaud the information available here.

Its the Inquisition that is draining and unnecessary, looking for motive where there is none.

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #79 on: April 24, 2012, 03:48:52 PM »
Its the Inquisition that is draining and unnecessary, looking for motive where there is none.

Fair enough.  You asked your question, and after a few rounds of clarification you got an answer that satisfied you.  I'm okay with dropping the discussion of motive.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline chrisbobson

• Venus
  • BANNED
« Reply #80 on: January 09, 2013, 07:24:58 AM »
I will support this forum, saying that you guys bend over backward to try to explain the science behind the space program and have demonstrated an extreme range of knowledge concerning Apollo space program!

In not wanting to be knocked out, with out further investigation on my part, what did Goldin mean by the following statement?

"Dan Goldin when interviewed by UK TV journalist Sheena McDonald in 1994.  He said that mankind cannot venture beyond Earth orbit, 250 miles into space, until they can find a way to overcome the dangers of cosmic radiation."

Don't give up dude because they are explaining , you were getting the upper hand momentarily.  MAn cannot venture beyond the earth, hang on to that hard fact bro.

Offline sts60

• Mars
« Reply #81 on: January 09, 2013, 09:11:42 AM »
The hard fact, Patrick, is that when you agreed to the terms of service for this forum, you agreed not to create sock-puppets.   You intentionally violated this rule - again.  In addition to being spectacularly incompetent at anything related to space flight, or engineering in general, you are most of all a serial liar.

What's amazing is that, with all the practice you get, you are such a bad liar. 

Offline dwight

• Jupiter
    • Live Tv From the Moon
« Reply #82 on: January 09, 2013, 09:14:22 AM »

Don't give up dude because they are explaining , you were getting the upper hand momentarily.  MAn cannot venture beyond the earth, hang on to that hard fact bro.

BREAKING NEWS: Since the inception of discussion boards there is a Private Message feature. Although only intelligent folk can use it.
"Honeysuckle TV on line!"