Author Topic: event in the UK  (Read 14065 times)

Offline benparry

• Mars
event in the UK
« on: May 09, 2018, 04:33:14 PM »
Good evening All

i'm from the UK and regularly search facebook for moon landing issues.

I came across this. is anybody else from the UK and going to this

https://awakeningufo.com/marcus-allen

cheers

Ben

Offline nickrulercreator

• Venus
Re: event in the UK
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2018, 04:40:06 PM »
They should set it up debate style, so we can hear some rational opposition to what this dunce has to say.
This end should point toward the ground if you want to go to space. If it starts pointing toward space you are having a bad problem and you will not go to space today.

Offline molesworth

• Mars
  • the curse of st custards
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2018, 04:47:24 PM »
Days spent at sea are not deducted from one's allotted span - Phoenician proverb

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
  • Chaos in his tin foil hat
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2018, 04:51:15 PM »
I came across this. Is anybody else from the UK and going to this?

If there are two people that annoy me more, it's Allen and (David) Percy. Their pseudo-science delivered with erudite manner to bamboozle their audience, combined with a veneer of acceptability portrayed through their English tweeness and charm is enough to make my blood boil.

ETA: Costing a princely sum of £150 with travel, refreshment and tickets. I'd rather sit at home with a BBQ and a few beers for about £25.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 04:58:34 PM by Luke Pemberton »
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

A polar orbit would also bypass the SAA - Tim Finch

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2018, 04:54:15 PM »
Looks like extreme woo overload at this event!

To think one of them used to present the snooker and athletics. Go to 1:02.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

Offline Bryanpoprobson

• Jupiter
  • Another Clown
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2018, 05:05:43 PM »
Good evening All

cheers

Ben

Tickets at £15, £50 and £100, lucrative business this moon landing denial.

A: I would not line his pockets
B: I have better things to do with my weekends
C: Even if I didn't I, wouldn't do a 384 mile round trip just to be thrown out after 15 minutes, for telling him what I think of him.

Edit: Having a laugh at David Ikes expense may be worthwhile though.  ;D :o
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 05:08:43 PM by Bryanpoprobson »
"Wise men speak because they have something to say!" "Fools speak, because they have to say something!" (Plato)

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2018, 05:08:15 PM »

c: Even if I didn't I, wouldn't do a 384 mile round trip just to be thrown out after 15 minutes, for telling him what I think of him.

^ See above. I was going to write a different version for C, but decided with more sedate words in reply #3. I don't think my alternative words would get past LO. I like being a member of the forum.

Offline Bryanpoprobson

• Jupiter
  • Another Clown
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2018, 05:10:23 PM »

c: Even if I didn't I, wouldn't do a 384 mile round trip just to be thrown out after 15 minutes, for telling him what I think of him.

^ See above. I was going to write a different version for C, but decided with more sedate words in reply #3. I don't think my alternative words would get past LO. I like being a member of the forum.

Ah but you missed my edit, which would justify the trip..  8)
"Wise men speak because they have something to say!" "Fools speak, because they have to say something!" (Plato)

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2018, 05:11:53 PM »
Mind you, we could set up a crowd fund to send Jason. I'd love to be a fly on the wall to see that. Watching him in action here and CQ with the recent Tim Finch threads, he's like a dog with a bone.

Offline benparry

• Mars
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2018, 05:14:23 PM »
haha i'm only a short trip from Manchester but I didn't even look at the ticket prices.

yes your correct the people that would attend wouldn't believe you.

I watched a while ago Marcus allen on a bbc show with Jeremy Clarkson. he showed the pic and asked where the light came from. of course Jeremy didn't know the answer but it was bloody obvious. I reckon even if I didn't know it was reflected light I would have guessed it

Offline benparry

• Mars
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2018, 05:15:49 PM »
bear in mind luke the show is only 2 days lol Jason might need the rest of time to convince marcus

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2018, 05:18:24 PM »
Ah but you missed my edit, which would justify the trip..  8)

I did just that. However, lining the pockets still dissuades me. Your A, B and C points far outweigh the other benefits. I would not part with a bean for these people.

Does anyone remember the Moon Hoax conference in Italy where Jarrah was guest speaker. If I recall correctly, he did not publish the video because it was 'low quality.' Sure, every other video he's made as a roving reporter has managed to be published. How convenient that the one where 3 people attended his big moon hoax conference managed to be the video that was sub standard.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2018, 06:54:24 PM »
I came across this. Is anybody else from the UK and going to this?

If there are two people that annoy me more, it's Allen and (David) Percy. Their pseudo-science delivered with erudite manner to bamboozle their audience, combined with a veneer of acceptability portrayed through their English tweeness and charm is enough to make my blood boil.

ETA: Costing a princely sum of £150 with travel, refreshment and tickets. I'd rather sit at home with a BBQ and a few beers for about £25.

I too have the same opinion of Allen and Percy.  I have watched Allen's videos on YT and cringe.  If I had the money and disposition, I would have attended to throw a few questions at him when Q & A.  The BBQ and a few beers would do your soul a lot better than to sit and hear the nonsense roll out of his mouth.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2018, 06:57:31 PM »
Good evening All

cheers

Ben

C: Even if I didn't I, wouldn't do a 384 mile round trip just to be thrown out after 15 minutes, for telling him what I think of him.

Allen is nothing but a snake oil salesman, peddling his wares to whoever is dumb enough to pay him.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2018, 07:52:19 PM »

I wouldn't go even if they paid ME the £100!! I value my brain.

Reading some of the utter crap posted here by inconceivable; timfinch, cambo and others of their ilk insults my brain enough, let alone directly exposing it to their kind of Stupid 
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.