Author Topic: Apollo 17 Visor Reflection  (Read 10801 times)

Offline benparry

• Mars
Apollo 17 Visor Reflection
« on: November 18, 2017, 07:40:25 AM »
Hey Everybody. i'm sure its nonsense but has anybody any thoughts on the 'theres a stagehand in the astranauts visor reflection' video that's currently doing the rounds on youtube. It looks like its been photoshopped to me but ....

Offline Trebor

• Earth
Re: Apollo 17 Visor Reflection
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2017, 08:59:36 AM »
Hi benparry,
I don't suppose you know which image it is?

Offline benparry

• Mars
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2017, 09:14:58 AM »
Hey yeah this is the video which refers to it. in my opinion its just another astronaut. for me the shadow is important its of a square indicating a back pack

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2017, 12:08:19 PM »
Yep, it's the other astronaut, complete with PLSS, visor and camera taking the photo.

The EVA was broadcast on live TV, including from the location of the photograph and no stage hands were shown. The EVA also featured live images of Earth that can be dated precisely, so no. it's not on a stage set.

e2a: The image is AS17-141-21608

Offline Halcyon Dayz, FCD

• Earth
  • Contrarian's Contrarian
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2017, 12:12:58 PM »
Versions of this claim go back to at least 2008.
So it isn't just bunk, it is recycled bunk.

Hatred is a cancer upon the world.
It rots the mind and blackens the heart.

Offline benparry

• Mars
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2017, 12:42:00 PM »
ah ok cool. well another one bites the dust lol cheers guys

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2017, 08:21:52 AM »
ah ok cool. well another one bites the dust lol cheers guys
Welcome to the forum.  Most of the images that show "inconsistencies" are misapplication of a little bit of knowledge applied to a mindset of "I know it was faked/photo shopped" and viola we have a conspiracy.  The best way to approach any image  is to look at the high res ones in the Apollo Lunar Surface Journal(ALSJ)  and much is apparent. 
https://www.hq.nasa.gov/alsj/frame.html
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline benparry

• Mars
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2017, 12:20:18 PM »
Hey Bknight. I know I have debated quite a few times with people on a couple of facebook forums. some listen and of course some don't lol

Offline Count Zero

• Mars
  • Pad 39A July 14,1969
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2017, 01:22:38 PM »
Some Hoax Believers (HBs as they're known around here) have tried to claim that the figure in the above image is not wearing a backpack.  However, his shadow clearly shows that he is.  We simply can't see it on the figure because he is facing us.
"What makes one step a giant leap is all the steps before."

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2017, 02:44:02 PM »
Hey Bknight. I know I have debated quite a few times with people on a couple of facebook forums. some listen and of course some don't lol
Not seen anything on Facebook, as I have no account, however YT is ripe with people beating their chest in a futile effort to show they "know" what happened and have pointed out one of the largest hoaxes of all time.  Unfortunately they don't know a fraction of what they think they know.  Debating them is like nailing jello to a wall, changing directions, claiming superior knowledge etc.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline benparry

• Mars
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2017, 07:03:14 AM »
agreed agreed.

Offline gwiz

• Mars
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2017, 07:07:24 AM »
Phil Plait (The Bad Astronomer) has a go at debunking this:
http://www.syfy.com/syfywire/no-thats-not-a-stagehand-in-an-apollo-astronaut-photo
Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind - Terry Pratchett
...the ascent module ... took off like a rocket - Moon Man

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2017, 07:37:05 AM »
From that article
their (HB's) "proof" boils down to misreading photos, misunderstanding science, misunderstanding engineering, misunderstanding politics, and/or outright deception in order to mislead the public
Eugene Cernan

Offline Count Zero

• Mars
  • Pad 39A July 14,1969
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2017, 07:59:28 AM »
Or, as our own chrlz puts it:

"The Apollo deniers stock-in-trade is to feed on the non-experts  their non-expert opinions  and their hatred of authority/USA/anyone-who-succeeds-in-life; with a view towards either their five minutes of fame (only amongst the gullible)  an attempt to make a buck by selling books or videos  or the genuine but sadly deluded belief that they are onto something."
"What makes one step a giant leap is all the steps before."

Offline twik

• Jupiter
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2017, 09:47:36 AM »
Fox appears to be happily resurrecting their moon hoax "just asking questions" position: http://www.foxnews.com/science/2017/11/20/apollo-moon-landing-was-faked-conspiracy-theorists-claim-with-new-photo.html.

If I were a conspiracy theorist, I'd suspect that their goal was to throw NASA and other respected science agencies into disrepute, thereby enabling them to claim that global warming isn't occurring, and natural disasters are the result of gay marriage.

Let us not forget that the U.S. President eagerly gulps down all the information that Fox puts out.