Author Topic: Pro-Apollo argument that shouldn't be used...?  (Read 5643 times)

Offline Peter B

• Saturn
Pro-Apollo argument that shouldn't be used...?
« on: August 04, 2012, 09:02:29 AM »
One of the simple arguments to use about the reality of Apollo is photos of the flags taken hours apart which show absolutely no movement - not possible if the photos were faked on Earth, as nothing potentially mobile could remain so still for so long.

Well, now I'm not so sure...

I attended a wedding today with the family. It was held at a winery far enough out of Canberra that it was a 45 minute drive for us to get there, so no quick ducking back home if we forgot something or the boys were frisky. We were a bit unhappy that the ceremony was scheduled for the late morning, as it coincided with the sleep time of our younger son (just over 2 years old), and with a reception after the wedding he was going to be going to be kept up way longer than normal.

Anyway, we shared our table with another couple who had two children about the same age as ours. And they had a solution: an ipod loaded with hours of kids' TV shows and a set of toddler-size headphones. He startled us a bit by showing he knew what to do with the headphones (we didn't think he'd ever seen anything like them before) and by being able to manipulate the controls (we didn't think he'd seen that before either).

He then proceeded to sit very still for close to an hour watching episodes of "Bananas in Pyjamas". So still that I got a pair of photos of him a few minutes apart showing no apparent movement.

So if a conscious and awake human can remain that still, perhaps it is possible for a flag to show no apparent movement over a series of photos...!

(Okay, not entirely serious. In fact it was hilarious seeing how intent he was with the show.)

Oh, and by the way, we have another baby coming - a girl due in December. :-)

Offline LunarOrbit

• Administrator
  • Saturn
    • ApolloHoax.net
Re: Pro-Apollo argument that shouldn't be used...?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012, 10:01:19 AM »
It's funny how a 2 year old can be so still one minute and then moving so fast you can barely see them the next. :)

And congratulations!
It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth.
I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.
I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- Neil Armstrong (1930-2012)

Offline Laurel

• Earth
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2012, 02:21:30 PM »
Congratulations, I hope all goes well. :)
"Well, my feet they finally took root in the earth, but I got me a nice little place in the stars, and I swear I found the key to the universe in the engine of an old parked car..."
Bruce Springsteen

Offline ka9q

• Neptune
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2012, 05:21:41 AM »
It's funny how a 2 year old can be so still one minute and then moving so fast you can barely see them the next
Well, F does equal ma, you know. So if a is large, that must mean either m is small (which is typically the case for a 2-year-old) or F is large, or both...