Author Topic: For those guilty of Acyrologia  (Read 2691 times)

Offline Bryanpoprobson

• Jupiter
  • Another Clown
For those guilty of Acyrologia
« on: February 07, 2017, 06:07:14 AM »
Acyrologia, an incorrect use of words particulately replacing one word with another word that sounds similar but has a diffident meaning. Possibly fuelled by a deep-seeded desire to sound more educated witch results in an attempt to pawn off an incorrect word in place of a correct one. In academia such flaunting of common social morays is seen as almost sorted and might result in the offender becoming a piranha.

In the monday world after all is set and done such a miner era will often leave normal people unphased. This is just as well sense people of that elk are unlikely to tow the line irregardless of any attempt to better educate them. A small percentage however suffer from severe acyrologiaphobia and it is their upmost desire to see english used properly. Exposure may cause them symptoms that may resemble post-dramatic stress disorder and eventually descend into whole-scale outrage as they go star-craving mad. Eventually they will succumb to the stings and arrows of such a barrage and suffer a complete metal breakdown leaving them curled up in the feeble position.
"Wise men speak because they have something to say!" "Fools speak, because they have to say something!" (Plato)

Offline Al Johnston

• Earth
Re: For those guilty of Acyrologia
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2017, 08:40:51 AM »
What's the diffidence between that and malapropism? ;)
"Cheer up!" they said. "It could be worse!" they said.
So I did.
And it was.

Offline Bryanpoprobson

• Jupiter
  • Another Clown
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2017, 10:31:23 AM »
What's the diffidence between that and malapropism? ;)

I thought a malapropism was the misuse of words in a ridiculous manner. ie A late UK actress (whose name escapes me) who used the phrase, "Don't you contracept me!"
"Wise men speak because they have something to say!" "Fools speak, because they have to say something!" (Plato)

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2017, 12:12:41 AM »
Acyrologia, an incorrect use of words particulately replacing one word with another word that sounds similar but has a diffident meaning. Possibly fuelled by a deep-seeded desire to sound more educated witch results in an attempt to pawn off an incorrect word in place of a correct one. In academia such flaunting of common social morays is seen as almost sorted and might result in the offender becoming a piranha.

In the monday world after all is set and done such a miner era will often leave normal people unphased. This is just as well sense people of that elk are unlikely to tow the line irregardless of any attempt to better educate them. A small percentage however suffer from severe acyrologiaphobia and it is their upmost desire to see english used properly. Exposure may cause them symptoms that may resemble post-dramatic stress disorder and eventually descend into whole-scale outrage as they go star-craving mad. Eventually they will succumb to the stings and arrows of such a barrage and suffer a complete metal breakdown leaving them curled up in the feeble position.
That is really funny. There are so many suckages in there that I am not even certain I can unpick them all, you devious nerd. LOL.

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2017, 12:20:06 AM »
"elk" was particularly pythonesque.