Author Topic: Security breach?  (Read 4627 times)

Offline Philthy

• Venus
Re: Security breach?
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2017, 11:46:25 PM »
I had this happen to me at my business. I live in a very small town, less than 2000, so I personally know the guys that work on the lines.

I was getting LOTS of them, I mentioned it to one of the guys I know, he said he'd look into it. He also told me, it was most likely the computer testing the line, BUT, it was not supposed to cause a ring.

Anyway, it turns out, that there was something wrong, some circuit, I don't remember exactly. After that was fixed, the calls dropped dramatically.

On a humorous note, as soon as the "Do Not Call" started, I signed up. I got a call, from some alleged vendor I'd never heard of, and told her, I was reporting her company. Then hung up.

I can still hear her saying, "Wait......wait.........."

Phil
The capacity of conspiracy theorists to deny science and hand-wave away evidence is infinite, as is their level of stupid. -- Smartcooky

Offline Glom

• Saturn
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2017, 04:46:09 AM »
This looks dodgy. An email from "HMR & C" saying I have a tax refund due.

My taxes for 2015-16 have already been resolved so this is odd. Also, the email begins by addressing me by my email address and not my name. Also HMRC would send a letter, not an email. I don't think I have ever received an email from HMRC ever.

The email invites me to click on links but don't worry, I didn't click on anything.  I reported it as spam.

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2017, 09:02:45 AM »
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov