Author Topic: Why I believe in the moon hoax theory  (Read 23289 times)

Offline miker

• Mercury
Why I believe in the moon hoax theory
« on: November 07, 2016, 04:54:41 PM »
I wouldn't be writing this if I didn't need a big distraction after burying my most favorite dog ever this morning. I've never been on a discussion site before.
I came to this site looking for an intelligent conversation. Let me beat a couple of you in saying that if you want an intelligent conversation, first you have to be intelligent yourself. There, I beat you to it. Only about 20% of Americans believe the moon landing was hoaxed, but I believe that there are intelligent people on both sides of the debate.
I watched several videos that tried to prove we went to the moon and several that tried to prove the moon hoax true. I personally don't like to make decisions based on what people say, but I try to prove them for myself. My education, work experience, hobbies and interests are all mechanical or mechanically related. After watching all the video several times I picked out 3 points to do experiments on to prove for myself who was lying. Of the three experiments I did, all said that NASA, the news media and the government were lying.
I use information from the NASA site that I printed out in 1969 but I don't know if it's still there.
Let me explain a little about the spacesuit. It had 11 layers including a water cooling garment and a layer of aluminized mylar or BoPET which is known for its high tensile strength and thermal stability. The spacesuit was 3/16 inch thick and pressurized to 8.3 psi or 16.9 in. of Hg.
It's all about the pressure differential from the inside of the suit to the outside of the suit.
This is the experiment that influenced me the most. I wanted to know what it felt like to be in space inside of a spacesuit. I built a vacuum chamber out of six-inch PVC tube, 2 end caps and on one of the end caps I machined it flat and added a bolting device to clamp a long armed plastic with cloth reinforcement glove. I also added piping to connect a in. of Hg. vacuum gauge, a shutoff valve and a fitting to connect my vacuum pump to.
I started drawing a vacuum inside the chamber and felt I had to stop at 6 in. of Hg or blow the glove up. I stuck my hand and arm inside the glove and I could move my fingers easily but with the inside of the wall less than 2 inches from my hand it was impossible to touch the wall no matter how hard I tried. That's only about 35% of what they experienced in a spacesuit. NASA claims they put bearings in several places in the suit to make it easier to move but I know a lot about bearings and I know the one piece mylar layer still had to be dealt with and that wouldn't be very easy to do.
In comparing what I learned about being in a vacuum compared to the hammering on the moon that I seen, it makes it MORE than ridiculous to believe that they were on the moon. Go to I couldn't find a video of the one I wanted to but that one will do. If that doesn't create a shortcut do a search for "hammering on the moon"at YouTube. Or better yet – build your own vacuum chamber to prove that I'm a liar.
Maybe you'll see that I did do my homework prior or maybe not.

Offline dougkeenan

• Mercury
Re: Why I believe in the moon hoax theory
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2016, 05:00:44 PM »
... but I believe that there are intelligent people on both sides of the debate.
There aren't.  It's not a thing one "believes," one either understands it or not.

Sorry about your dog.

Offline miker

• Mercury
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2016, 05:12:56 PM »
... but I believe that there are intelligent people on both sides of the debate.

There aren't.  It's not a thing one "believes," one either understands it or not.

alright, now I'm going to brag. In my younger years  I had an IQ of 146--I know I'm a liar- and I don't care whatsoever what you think

Offline dougkeenan

• Mercury
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2016, 05:19:18 PM »

alright, now I'm going to brag. In my younger years  I had an IQ of 146--I know I'm a liar- and I don't care whatsoever what you think

I'm not interested in dissuading you or anybody else from their religious beliefs.

There are facts about Apollo you apparently do not understand. 

That has nothing to do with what I "think."

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2016, 05:35:25 PM »
I don't supposed it occurred to you to record your experiment on video or in photographs?

You might also want to clarify the "NASA site that I printed out in 1969" bit, because if you're claiming exactly what it says then the meds are wearing off. The Apollo EMU data is freely available and not hard to find, so hopefully you'll have no trouble identifying where you got your numbers from - especially that psi value.

Like you it isn't what I believe, it's what I can prove. I've proven it to my own satisfaction many times over. see the link in my sig. It's where I've shown my working, which is what you should do.

Oh, and IQ of 160 in my younger years. Means jack if you don't know what to do with it.

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2016, 05:41:51 PM »

Offline Allan F

• Saturn
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2016, 06:00:10 PM »
First off - right there is a crucial mistake. The spacesuits weren't pressurized to 8 psi, but only about HALF that. Pure oxygen so that was all they needed.

Also, the ENTIRE astronauts was inside the spacesuit. Not just the hand. The joints were "constant-volume"-joints with BELLOWS, not BEARINGS, so they were able to move without fighting the airpressure.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 06:03:31 PM by Allan F »
Well, it is like this: The truth doesn't need insults. Insults are the refuge of a darkened mind, a mind that refuses to open and see. Foul language can't outcompete knowledge. And knowledge is the result of education. Education is the result of the wish to know more, not less.

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2016, 06:46:55 PM »
With some modifications, the A7L spacesuit was also used on Skylab missions, which included several EVA, including to repair the space station to liveable, operating conditions.
Was Skylab a hoax too? It fell out of the sky over Australia, with much debris found and identified.

Offline Grashtel

• Venus
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2016, 08:43:21 PM »
Perhaps a picture of an A7L suit without the outer layer would be enlightening https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/73/S71-24537-A7L_without_outerlayer.jpg which shows the constant volume joints quite nicely

Also consider this Miker, all the manned space programs have included spacewalks, are they all hoaxes?  They all use gloves of a similar design to the ones used in Apollo
"Any technology, no matter how primitive, is magic to those who don't understand it." -Florence Ambrose

Offline Obviousman

• Jupiter
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2016, 09:18:56 PM »

Offline miker

• Mercury
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2016, 09:20:08 PM »
I've never seen that suit and I doubt that it was the suit used on the moon. I don't understand what the constant volume would gain them in movability. The problem with moon suits was the thickness, the layer of mylar and its 8.3 psi according to  what I printed off from the NASA website 10 years ago. The earlier space station space walks had much more movement as compared to the ones now- there is hardly any movement now, so I guess I'm saying that I'm sure the space station most certainly exist, I think the space walks could be and probably are faked.
Thanks for the info and common decency-that's pretty rare here.   

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2016, 10:59:58 PM »
The Shuttle and ISS EMU is a quite a bit heavier than the Apollo and Skylab spacesuits. While things might be weightless in orbit, they still have mass, which means they take more force to start and and stop, like how a fully laden shopping cart takes a lot of effort to start, turn and stop. So movements are going to be slower and more careful.
Moreover, can you scan or photograph or in any way produce said printouts?
Because the archived version of this site (see table 1) from 10 years ago does not say 8.3 psi. Nor does the oldest version archived.
It's possible some other sub-site said so, typos happen.
However, your lack of understanding of constant volume joints does not change how they work.
Watch this video. from here (8:59) I recommend the whole thing, it talks about the Apollo suit's history and development from the perspective of the people building it. but that part describes constant volume joints and why they help, referring to them as convolutes.

Offline Allan F

• Saturn
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2016, 11:34:43 PM »
But it was NOT 8.3 psi. It appears you don't read information contrary to your belief.  Also, what you "doubt" is of no concern, because people who work in space disagree with you.

The constant-volume joints increased the mobility of the spacesuit because it did not alter the volume of tjhe interior of the suit when they flexted their arms or legs. Otherwise, they would work against the pressure of the suit - just like bending a balloon to make a balloon animal.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 11:37:16 PM by Allan F »
Well, it is like this: The truth doesn't need insults. Insults are the refuge of a darkened mind, a mind that refuses to open and see. Foul language can't outcompete knowledge. And knowledge is the result of education. Education is the result of the wish to know more, not less.

Offline Obviousman

• Jupiter
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2016, 12:26:58 AM »
I've never seen that suit and I doubt that it was the suit used on the moon. I don't understand what the constant volume would gain them in movability. The problem with moon suits was the thickness, the layer of mylar and its 8.3 psi according to  what I printed off from the NASA website 10 years ago. The earlier space station space walks had much more movement as compared to the ones now- there is hardly any movement now, so I guess I'm saying that I'm sure the space station most certainly exist, I think the space walks could be and probably are faked.
Thanks for the info and common decency-that's pretty rare here.   

The fact you have said you have said you have never seen that suit shows you haven't done any serious research on the subject.

The fact that you don't understand constant volume joints shows you do not have a basic understanding of how a pressure suit works.

The fact that you seems to have taken evidence that contradicts your assumptions and just simply dismissed them as "probably fakes" shows a disturbing willingness to remain with your own beliefs regardless of proof otherwise.

If you want to really prove something, then give serious effort and SCIENTIFIC proof.

If you think you have given proof and do not understand why others say you are wrong, then listen to what they have to say, investigate it for yourself (i.e. check the sources and verify their validity), ask questions in areas you don't understand or disagree with, and admit when you are wrong.

If you think a number of us are being arrogant or big-headed, ask yourself this question: would so many people post such detailed evidence if they weren't 100% sure that it was verifiable? That is to say, would they really post something if they weren't an engineer or rocket scientist or chemist themselves, if they weren't really confident that someone would back up the figures?

That leads me onto my next point: if you don't believe the scientific proof and you aren't a scientist yourself... that's okay. If you want a serious discussion however, you have to take the figures or data and show them to someone who IS qualified and get them to tell you if it is right or wrong. Even then, I would go to at least three different sources.

You have to remember that some of us here live - and are experts in - the various aspects of aeronautics.

Lastly, you have to beware of claiming that something was changed since the original data was published. You haven't done that but you said you "... printed off from the NASA website 10 years ago...". That kinda implied that something might have been "changed". Many of us have archives going back further than that, some with original documents from the 1960's and 70's.

So I say again - if you want to be taken seriously, then act seriously.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 12:32:19 AM by Obviousman »

Offline Grashtel

• Venus
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2016, 12:34:28 AM »
I've never seen that suit and I doubt that it was the suit used on the moon.
Then you need to do more research, that is one of the Apollo suits, just without the outer layers.  You might find this NASA document useful as it goes into considerable detail about the suits http://www.hq.nasa.gov/alsj/alsj-EMU1.pdf
"Any technology, no matter how primitive, is magic to those who don't understand it." -Florence Ambrose