Author Topic: Moon hoax?? a simple test you can do to prove  (Read 11160 times)

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
Re: Moon hoax?? a simple test you can do to prove
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2016, 09:58:03 AM »
I'm a little confused by you guys.
Clearly.
However your confusion or inability to understand about simple concepts do not mean that those concepts are invalid.

How long are you saying it takes a rock hammer or carpenters hammer to hit the ground when dropped from chest high??
You made an assertion which has been shown to be incorrect. Do you wish to re-evaluate your original post in light of OneBigMonkey's video?

I'll admit that judging the time is guess work, but I still judge the moon hammer drop and my hammer drop as being very close in time and nowhere close to 6 times different.
Your guesswork has been shown to be incorrect. Why don't you take some actual measurements and let us know your results?

but I still judge the moon hammer drop and my hammer drop as being very close in time and nowhere close to 6 times different.
Your judgement has already been shown to be incorrect. And did you not read the posts that clearly showed your error in thinking that a 6 times difference in gravity does not equal a six times difference in the time to fall a certain distance?
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline Kiwi

• Mars
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2016, 08:27:10 AM »
I'm a little confused by you guys.

No, you're not confused by the guys here (we have intelligent and knowledgeable females here too) -- you are confused by your ignorance of projects Mercury, Gemini and Apollo, which is something that most hoax-believers have in abundance.

We're all ignorant about far more things than we're knowledgeable about, so it's not shameful to be ignorant about subjects, nor to admit it, but it certainly isn't good form to claim that you have proof of something when, in fact, you don't have proof at all and you're too ignorant to know that you're wrong.

See my favourite quotes below.  I've found them very useful for keeping my brain on track since the 1960s. Bob Dylan's quote applied very much here in New Zealand at the time, when there were far too many silly old Victorians who had too much to say.  And I'm talking about the bigoted, prejudiced, narrow-minded know-alls, not the thoughtful, educated, intelligent and caring elderly Victorians, of whom there were far too few.

Anyway, welcome to ApolloHoax. Hang around here and learn -- it's is a great place to find out about the truth and magnificence of the moonlandings and everything that led up to them.

P.S. I must admit that there was a brief period of about five days in the 1990s when I thought the moonlandings might have been faked.  An acquaintance told me about this book he had which "proved it" so I asked if I could borrow it.  Having been an amateur and professional photographer for over 30 years, the first thing I did was look at the photos, and wondered why the author showed so many photos that had lens flare in them. I soon wondered if he thought the flare was evidence of an atmosphere on the moon, and indeed he did. I also knew that his knowledge of photography was appalling, but I knew nothing about his other "proof" regarding the neutral point and lunar gravity. However years later, after joining here, I was able to work out for myself that he was just as wrong about that subject. The author was William L Brian, and his magnum dopus was "Moongate: Suppressed Findings of the U.S. Space Program" (1982)

« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 08:58:14 AM by Kiwi »
Don't criticize what you can't understand. — Bob Dylan, “The Times They Are A-Changin'” (1963)
Some people think they are thinking when they are really rearranging their prejudices and superstitions. — Edward R. Murrow (1908–65)

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2016, 11:25:08 AM »
I'm a little confused by you guys. How long are you saying it takes a rock hammer or carpenters hammer to hit the ground when dropped from chest high?? I'll admit that judging the time is guess work, but I still judge the moon hammer drop and my hammer drop as being very close in time and nowhere close to 6 times different.
Nor should it be. The relationship is not linear.

Offline Rob48

• Venus
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2016, 06:30:55 AM »

I went on Adobe Premiere's timestamps on when it left my hand (03:19) and when it hit the ground (04:07). The original mp4 clip was 29 fps, recorded on the camera I use for my bike, but the exported wmv is 25 fps. Your frame count is correct though. There is going to be a margin of error because the real time event is recorded in tiny segments, so your time estimate is just as valid!

OBM, your mistake appears to be assuming that "3:19" equals 3.19 seconds (i.e., 3 and 19/100) and "4:07" equals 4.07 seconds.

I am not familiar with Adobe Premiere but I would suggest it is much more likely that those timestamps actually mean "3 seconds and 19 frames" and "4 seconds and 7 frames" respectively.

Which means that, assuming 25fps, the interval is (25-19) + 7 = 13 frames. (Or 17 frames if it is 29fps.)

In other words, either 13/25 or 17/29 seconds, i.e. somewhere between 0.5 and 0.6 seconds.

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2016, 12:51:52 PM »

I went on Adobe Premiere's timestamps on when it left my hand (03:19) and when it hit the ground (04:07). The original mp4 clip was 29 fps, recorded on the camera I use for my bike, but the exported wmv is 25 fps. Your frame count is correct though. There is going to be a margin of error because the real time event is recorded in tiny segments, so your time estimate is just as valid!

OBM, your mistake appears to be assuming that "3:19" equals 3.19 seconds (i.e., 3 and 19/100) and "4:07" equals 4.07 seconds.

I am not familiar with Adobe Premiere but I would suggest it is much more likely that those timestamps actually mean "3 seconds and 19 frames" and "4 seconds and 7 frames" respectively.

Which means that, assuming 25fps, the interval is (25-19) + 7 = 13 frames. (Or 17 frames if it is 29fps.)

In other words, either 13/25 or 17/29 seconds, i.e. somewhere between 0.5 and 0.6 seconds.

Looking at the timestamp in Premiere that seems correct - in fact having just looked at an example the time count goes from 03:24 to 04:00, so 25 fps it is and the count is in frames :)

I did try repeating the experiment by first chromecasting the stopwatch on my phone to the TV, but it didn't show, then by putting my phone close to the camera, but it was flared out by light from the window. Then I decided to do something more important than satisfying the under-educated's demand for data they weren't willing to produce themselves and went shopping.

I just loaded the raw mp4 file from the camera into Soundforge. While it isn't as precise for video cueing it is designed for audio and works with seconds. On that I got a hammer release to impact of around 0.6 seconds :)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 12:57:13 PM by onebigmonkey »

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2016, 01:09:31 PM »
Once upon a time we used ';' instead of ':' to clarify that the value to the right was a frame count and not a time count.   Did we just stop doing that?
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline dwight

• Jupiter
    • Live Tv From the Moon
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2016, 01:17:42 PM »
Jay, most current editing platforms have indeed done away with ; to indicate frames. Our automation is completely based on : for all Timecode values. However, a TC reading is now usually written out completely, i.e. 00:00:10:04 for a 10 second commercial with 4 frames black.
"Honeysuckle TV on line!"

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2016, 01:35:49 PM »
I probably still wouldn't have spotted it :D

I'm no stranger to editing digital video for fun, but I'm focused on what I can see and usually matching it with an audio track rather than the technicalities underpinning it - like this one I did from Glastonbury 2014 :)

(NSFW language in parts)

May as well watch something while waiting for miker to get back to us.

Regardless of the time issue, our protagonist insisted we experiment for ourselves. I did. I found his claims to be wrong.

I see no counter claim on his part.

I win.

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2016, 06:21:00 PM »
Jay, most current editing platforms have indeed done away with ; to indicate frames. Our automation is completely based on : for all Timecode values. However, a TC reading is now usually written out completely, i.e. 00:00:10:04 for a 10 second commercial with 4 frames black.

Bah!  I scoff at your consistent delimiters!

All seriousness aside, yes I've seen that time code format quite a lot these days.  I just idly wondered where the semicolon went and why.

Offline VQ

• Earth
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2016, 05:06:35 AM »
Bah!  I scoff at your consistent delimiters!

All seriousness aside, yes I've seen that time code format quite a lot these days.  I just idly wondered where the semicolon went and why.

Semicolon neglect is by no mean limited to timecodes; its use in prose seems to be declining as well.  ;D

Offline twik

• Jupiter
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2016, 11:07:30 AM »

Semicolons have all been requisitioned by the movie industry, for titles such as Return of the Fall of the Revengers: The Next Generation.

Offline Apollo 957

• Earth
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2016, 11:13:51 AM »
Semicolons have all been requisitioned by the movie industry, for titles such as Return of the Fall of the Revengers: The Next Generation.

... but that be a colon.

:

This be a semi-colon;

;

Offline twik

• Jupiter
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2016, 12:01:51 PM »
D'oh! I should know that.

Offline nomuse

• Jupiter
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2016, 06:42:09 PM »
It's the only place in Hollywood where a colon comes out of an idea, instead of....

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2016, 06:51:53 PM »
It's the only place in Hollywood where a colon comes out of an idea, instead of....

You owe me a new keyboard.