Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
General Discussion / Re: The Trump Presidency
« Last post by nickrulercreator on July 10, 2018, 08:07:02 PM »
How's everyone feeling about this SCOTUS nominee?

IMHO it could've been worse, but of course it's still awful. Dude doesn't believe a sitting president can be indicted, and we're not really sure what he'll due to R.v.W. yet. He's also a 2A enthusiast.

Luckily for R.v.W, he believes precedent holds, so maybe he won't overturn it.

Maybe.

Dems need to fight like hell to oppose this nominee.
General Discussion / Re: First Man
« Last post by nickrulercreator on July 10, 2018, 08:02:16 PM »
I'm really excited for this. I'm glad someone is finally making a depiction on Neil Armstrong's life. I hope we get to see and Apollo 11 film on the big screen as well.
Jeeze, you guys are still engaging this troll?

One could use the same phrase concerning manifesto.

manifesto is a "true believer" (even if he is dead wrong) and he is quite well researched (although not as well researched as he clams) despite the fact that he draws totally the wrong conclusions from what he sees and reads.

But this guy pretty much told us he was a troll in his opening few posts.

"Your knowledge of science counts for nothing, as it’s NASA’s own brand of science, made up to try and make the story more believable."

And then there was this post...
http://www.apollohoax.net/forum/index.php?topic=1459.msg46704#msg46704

Once I saw that, I knew what we were dealing with. You could take this guy back in a time machine to 9:32 a.m July 16, 1969, park him inside Eagle and fly him all the way to the moon and back with Mike, Neil and Buzz and he would still claim it was faked.

I have no issue with cambo being called a troll, as his post have indicated.  I'm not as sure about manifesto being a true believer, look at the mannerisms of his posts.  Made to bring forth emotional responses, not just a discussion response.  But we digress and perhaps this might be enough of a thread hijack.

Agreed

I think cambo's behaviour is one of the worst cases of Dunning-Kruger Effect I have seen in a long, long time.... he thinks his commonsense is a substitute for the scientific method, and therefore trumps the combined engineering and scientific expertise of everyone he disagrees with.
The Hoax Theory / Re: Faking Space: Auditing Apollo, A Photographic Investigation
« Last post by bknight on July 10, 2018, 08:13:12 AM »

manifesto is a "true believer" (even if he is dead wrong) and he is quite well researched (although not as well researched as he clams) despite the fact that he draws totally the wrong conclusions from what he sees and reads.

"Your knowledge of science counts for nothing, as it’s NASA’s own brand of science, made up to try and make the story more believable."

Once I saw that, I knew what we were dealing with. You could take this guy back in a time machine to 9:32 a.m July 16, 1969, park him inside Eagle and fly him all the way to the moon and back with Mike, Neil and Buzz and he would still claim it was faked.

I have no issue with cambo being called a troll, as his post have indicated.  I'm not as sure about manifesto being a true believer, look at the mannerisms of his posts.  Made to bring forth emotional responses, not just a discussion response.  But we digress and perhaps this might be enough of a thread hijack.

The Hoax Theory / Re: Luxspace radiation experiment
« Last post by bobdude11 on July 09, 2018, 02:14:32 PM »
Normally you would have multiple sensors on the spacecraft.  Since none would be truly omnidirectional, you want them facing different directions, facing open space.  The scheme of placing them inside the spacecraft structure makes the attenuation uncertain, especially as the spacecraft design evolves.  It also imposes a design constraint that is generally considered to strict for the associated benefit.  That's not to say that deliberate attenuation is not part of the regime.  No one sensor technology has a useful response in the full spectrum of radiation that would be encountered on a cislunar mission.  Hence it's typical to provide an explicit method of attenuation, either by fixed shielding strips of known absorption over the high-intensity sensors, or a mechanism to selectively shield the sensors at different time points.  The former implies multiple sensors for each solid angle of reception.
This is one of the reasons I am a member here. This is something I thought they would do, but the details were not clear on how or why, precisely. I now have to see if I can recreate something like this in KSP ... :) Thank you Jay and everyone else for helping me understand space technology better. This is the most amazing part of science for me. I never truly understood how much actually went into designing a rocket and its payload before. All of you are tickling my cerebral cortex at levels I never knew were possible.
And I assume that "thing" has an NDA attached to it.

A truly terrifying one.
<puts up hand> Please sir, please sir, can I guess?  Is it faking the next moon landings?  ;D

My guess is flyrigs for Disney's new animatronic stuntmen.
The Hoax Theory / Re: Faking Space: Auditing Apollo, A Photographic Investigation
« Last post by bknight on July 09, 2018, 08:21:31 AM »

that's exactly what i thought lol
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]