Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
The Hoax Theory / Re: The sun and stage lamps, revisited.
« Last post by jfb on June 21, 2018, 10:04:32 AM »
I decided to go back and find the exact moment in the video. It starts at 1:18:24 in the feed.

Around the 1:12 time I see 4 diagonal lines on the right of the video.  Since I haven't read much on this mission, does anyone know what those 4 lines are?

You're talking about the 1 hour 12 minute mark?  That's one of the camera mounts.  There's also a camera mount in front of the car (that's the thing you see through the windshield from the cabin view). 
« Last post by bknight on June 21, 2018, 09:09:45 AM »
I decided to go back and find the exact moment in the video. It starts at 1:18:24 in the feed.

Around the 1:12 time I see 4 diagonal lines on the right of the video.  Since I haven't read much on this mission, does anyone know what those 4 lines are?
General Discussion / Re: Kids say the darnedest things...
« Last post by Kiwi on June 21, 2018, 09:03:57 AM »
Three-year-old visitor climbed onto my lap so I could help cover her eyes while she, her two older sisters and I watched the first scary part in “Jurassic Park” where the T-Rex attacks the two children in the car. After things had calmed down and she could watch again, she started to play with my belt buckle, and I guessed it was because the buckle was a big, shiny chrome one. She continued for quite some time and was obviously thinking something, so I asked, "What are you doing?"

With a big grin, she answered, "I dunna take dim an' trow dim away!"

"What?!! What are you going to throw away?"

"'Or pants!"

With a big laugh, I said, "Oooh! That would be awful. I'd have nothing on!"

Quick as a flash she jabbed a finger into my shirt and chest and answered, "Oo'd av dat on!"

"But I'd have nothing on the bottom! What would your mum say if I told her you'd thrown away my pants?"

"I'd tell on oo!"

« Last post by Dalhousie on June 21, 2018, 05:46:35 AM »
Oh man the reflection of Earth on the car and starman's helmet - just amazing!

I see what you mean. That is poetic.

There are literally DOZENS of great shots that can be pulled off that feed. SpaceX should be up for a Pulitzer Prize.

There is a Pulitzer for self promotion via stupid stunts now?
« Last post by Dalhousie on June 21, 2018, 05:45:18 AM »

Of course there are.  The question is whether they are true (dis)believers or just trolling.  Every YouTube video of every rocket launch (SpaceX or not) has some jackass going "I can't believe you sheeple are falling for this, it's obviously fake."  I'm convinced that well north of 90% of them are doing so just for the lulz.  Of the remainder, I'm convinced at least half some are Russians agents provocateurs  trying to sow doubt and confusion (and succeeding beyond their wildest dreams in some quarters). 

Can we please NOT blame everything on Russian agents?  It's getting close to xenophobia.
« Last post by Ian R on June 21, 2018, 01:30:30 AM »
I think I may have stumbled across a fuller explanation as to why the Sun looks so large in the Apollo surface imagery (in addition to the well-known effect caused by blooming from a bright and over-exposed object).

In David Woods's excellent all-round guide to the 'hows' and 'whys' of the Apollo missions (How Apollo Flew to the Moon), he explains that the reseaux plate in the back of the Hasselblad cameras were coated with a thin and transparent layer of gold, to prevent a build-up of static electricity (which presumably could have been generated by the friction of the film moving over the glass plate after each exposure).

This is a crucial and telling point, I believe, as almost every photograph that shows a bright halo surrounding either the Sun or a bright reflection was taken with a camera fitted with a gold-coated reseaux plate.

Here are a few cropped examples:

AS17-138-21080

AS14-66-9260

AS13-62-8955

AS13-62-8973

AS11-40-5893
General Discussion / Re: Kids say the darnedest things...
« Last post by gillianren on June 20, 2018, 11:45:53 PM »
Simon, ruefully: "There's too much warm in here."
The Hoax Theory / Re: Faking the moon landings
« Last post by Luke Pemberton on June 20, 2018, 05:09:57 PM »
His very infrequent posting, about once a week, and the time it must take to add quote marks to all the quoted snippets, leads me to think he's spending hours manually putting his posts together, rather than learning how to use the tools provided for the job.

I concur. I really cannot be bothered to engage with the wall of text, it is too time consuming to work out where he has replied to me, along with his whole anti-establishment approach.
« Last post by Luke Pemberton on June 20, 2018, 05:07:42 PM »
I'm tired of picking my comments out of his wall of spam. It's a lot of work, and he does it that way on purpose. It's a tactic of his, and I refuse to play any more. That, and his ad hominem attacks let any reader know who the real winner of this debate is.

I gave up with the continued wall of spam along with finding his 'arguments' being less than compelling. They are straight from the book of un4g1v3n1 of Dwane Damon (StrayDog02) from YouTube, back in the heady days, but less vitriolic in content. The whole anti-establishment tact is boring. The irony being it that he is communicating with the world on the back of the science he dismisses as brainwashing and bogus.
« Last post by Luke Pemberton on June 20, 2018, 05:03:20 PM »
I get the impression he's more raging against the machine than actually cogently trying to argue a point.  That would explain the wall o' screed.  He said flatly that he doesn't much care who he's talking to, since he thinks were all interchangeably "of one mind."

A great band.

I always have a mental image of all CT's listening to the above genre of music on loop, but I admit to still finding pleasure in the same music, despite my late middle age.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10