Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
However, Rocket Lab is a US company.  Von Braun and many of his team were German, but no-one claims that Explorer 1 was anything other than a US launch.  By the time they designed the Redstone, the Germans were all working for a US organisation.
But von Braun wasn't running a German subsidiary company, in postwar Germany, launching rockets from German soil.

No one is claiming an NZ launch and satellite deployment on the strength of some kiwis working in the US.
The rest of the world acknowledges that this is a NZ launch, and that we are the 11th country to launch satellites into orbit.
We'll have to see which country eventually registers it with the UN.  In the meantime, the Satellite Situation Report lists all objects from the launch, Electron stages included, as US apart from the Humanity Star payload.
However, Rocket Lab is a US company.  Von Braun and many of his team were German, but no-one claims that Explorer 1 was anything other than a US launch.  By the time they designed the Redstone, the Germans were all working for a US organisation.

The rest of the world acknowledges that this is a NZ launch, and that we are the 11th country to launch satellites into orbit.

Frankly, I just think you're just trolling me. I expect this from youtubers and at places like Godlike Productions and Above Top Secret... but I didn't expect this crap here from a regular.
The Hoax Theory / Re: Apollo Pictures
« Last post by Nowhere Man on February 18, 2018, 09:09:27 PM »
Dunno if I have the issue, but I do have the record, "Sounds of Space."  Sooner or later I'll digitize it.

Fred
General Discussion / Re: Falcon Heavy Test Flight
« Last post by Glom on February 18, 2018, 06:38:44 PM »
  >:( ;D

This can't be for real!

ETA: it not. Musk's actual response is shown here

https://www.snopes.com/elon-musk-donald-trump-dumbass/

It was a good fake though. :)
I wouldn't call it good. The font is all wrong.

Besides, it's a poor attack. The actual ingenuity was done by many Americans, so (for once) Trump is actually correct about that regardless of Musk's background.
General Discussion / Re: Budding Rocket Scientist
« Last post by Apollo 957 on February 18, 2018, 11:12:58 AM »
The 8-year-old daughter of a family friend, having watched "Astronaut: Do You Have What It Takes?" on BBC last year, is now doggedly determined that she will be an astronaut....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05bf1jt

For those who haven't seen it, amuse yourselves by looking over the candidates, and playing 'guess the winner' or 'guess the top three' .....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/profiles/17FR5jcnBbvt74tKzl0Ddkw/candidates
The Reality of Apollo / Re: Digitizing NASA data tapes
« Last post by apollo16uvc on February 18, 2018, 07:36:10 AM »
The tracks on the tape visualized with a magnetic viewing solution:

The Hoax Theory / Re: What becomes of old 'friends'..
« Last post by DD Brock on February 17, 2018, 08:47:29 PM »
No sweat, I understand. Those guys can make you a little quick on the draw, for sure.

I probably shouldn't be using the Cornelius Crewe handle, I honestly only set it up as an alternate account because I had enough of Taffy spouting off about running Apollo defenders off when I know full well how he accomplishes that, seeing as how he blocked and removed posts from my DD Brock account.

In the meantime, however, Dolores O'riordan of the Cranberries had passed away, and for some reason that really affected me. I'm not the type to mourn celebrities, but her death hit me like a ton of bricks. I ended up using the Cornelius Crewe account to post on a LOT of Cranberries related videos, and I've kinda stuck with it. Cornelius Crewe is an old handle I used to sign artwork with, and it felt good to be using it again.

Sorry for the long winded posts.

On topic, beware Louse has another fuel cell rant up. Apparently NASA and the gubmint have been lying since the 1850's about fuel cells because the truth is you can use simple water in them with a little metal and electricity to produce hydrogen and oxygen. At least I think that's what his latest drunken rant was about. Oh, and apparently we've been beaten again.

Only open if you can bear incurable idiocy. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNRCskm0H3I
The Hoax Theory / Re: Apollo Pictures
« Last post by Philthy on February 17, 2018, 08:07:41 PM »
For what's it's worth...........I have the same issue.....Sadly, the "record" was gone when I got it.

Phil
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10