Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The Hoax Theory / Re: Apollo 17 Visor Reflection
« Last post by benparry on November 21, 2017, 02:41:53 PM »
after seeing all this only people who want to believe in the theory do lol
« Last post by onebigmonkey on November 21, 2017, 12:36:23 PM »
I started reading the comments and quickly wanted to bang people's heads into solid things.
« Last post by twik on November 21, 2017, 09:47:36 AM »
Fox appears to be happily resurrecting their moon hoax "just asking questions" position: http://www.foxnews.com/science/2017/11/20/apollo-moon-landing-was-faked-conspiracy-theorists-claim-with-new-photo.html.

If I were a conspiracy theorist, I'd suspect that their goal was to throw NASA and other respected science agencies into disrepute, thereby enabling them to claim that global warming isn't occurring, and natural disasters are the result of gay marriage.

Let us not forget that the U.S. President eagerly gulps down all the information that Fox puts out.
« Last post by Count Zero on November 21, 2017, 07:59:28 AM »
Or, as our own chrlz puts it:

"The Apollo deniers stock-in-trade is to feed on the non-experts  their non-expert opinions  and their hatred of authority/USA/anyone-who-succeeds-in-life; with a view towards either their five minutes of fame (only amongst the gullible)  an attempt to make a buck by selling books or videos  or the genuine but sadly deluded belief that they are onto something."
« Last post by bknight on November 21, 2017, 07:37:05 AM »
From that article
their (HB's) "proof" boils down to misreading photos, misunderstanding science, misunderstanding engineering, misunderstanding politics, and/or outright deception in order to mislead the public
« Last post by gwiz on November 21, 2017, 07:07:24 AM »
Phil Plait (The Bad Astronomer) has a go at debunking this:
http://www.syfy.com/syfywire/no-thats-not-a-stagehand-in-an-apollo-astronaut-photo
« Last post by benparry on November 21, 2017, 07:03:14 AM »
agreed agreed.
The Hoax Theory / Re: What becomes of old 'friends'..
« Last post by bknight on November 20, 2017, 11:06:43 AM »
I had and exchange with Duane about a year ago.  He checked my information listed in the Education Forum.  At least he was civil to me.

Duplicate post, sorry
« Last post by bknight on November 20, 2017, 11:03:45 AM »
I had an exchange with him about a year ago, he checked out my information listed in the Education Forum.  He still is in the HB camp BUT he was at least civil with me.
« Last post by AtomicDog on November 20, 2017, 10:57:41 AM »
Has anyone run across Duane "Straydog" Daman lately? He was always good for a laugh, but his viciousness got him banned everywhere he went - even from a site he himself founded!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10