Author Topic: event in the UK  (Read 14059 times)

Offline BDL

• Venus
Re: event in the UK
« Reply #45 on: September 09, 2018, 11:21:33 PM »
Another 'oops' moment from Allen. About an hour in he shows 2 Apollo 17 images (one of which isn't identified) and asks 'How come the LM is in this one but not this one?'.

Unfortunately for him, it is, I found the image:

It's even referenced in the ALSJ:

AS17-146-22387 (OF300) ( 81k or 745k )
167:07:20 Station 8 pan. LRV. The large crater at the right hand side of the image is SWP. Cochise Crater extends leftward from the central fiducial with Shakespeare Crater behind the right hand half of Cochise. Journal Contributor Bob Fry notes that, as shown in a detail, the LM can be seen just above the reseau cross to the left of the central cross. Van Serg Crater is also visible.

Just wondering, how far is he from the Lunar Module? And is the lower half of the LM hidden by the uneven terrain?

Yes IIRC there was perhaps 30 M of elevation in some of the images, this would completely hid the LM, only 7 M high.  But Allen won't tell you that, just that it is faked because he can't see the LM.

Yeah, that’s about what I expected. Thanks.
I wonder what it is with people not understanding how these concepts work.
After all, it seems pretty obvious that the distance from the cameraman to the LM, and the uneven ground would’ve obscured the view of the LM at least a bit.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 11:59:12 PM by BDL »
“One small step for [a] man, one giant leap for mankind.” - Neil Armstrong, 1969

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2018, 08:57:06 AM »
Just wondering, how far is he from the Lunar Module? And is the lower half of the LM hidden by the uneven terrain?

About 4 km :)

It would not have been difficult to take a photo with the LM completely obscured by the undulating terrain.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #47 on: September 10, 2018, 11:14:07 AM »

It would not have been difficult to take a photo with the LM completely obscured by the undulating terrain.

Debunks the "flat" terrain belief of many of the HB's for sure.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline BertieSlack

• Earth
« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2018, 04:22:36 PM »

This isn't the first time Allen has made a total clown of himself over the visibility of the LM in Apollo 17 photos. Here's a great video from Astrobrant2 that he made several years ago:

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2018, 07:12:45 PM »

This isn't the first time Allen has made a total clown of himself over the visibility of the LM in Apollo 17 photos. Here's a great video from Astrobrant2 that he made several years ago:

That was the video I referenced with my IIRC.  Alas I didn't, only 20 M difference but still sufficient to hide the 7 M LM even though Mr. Allen called it "quite tall".  Great video, thanks Bertie
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan