Author Topic: Falcon Heavy Test Flight  (Read 47142 times)

Offline Glom

• Saturn
Re: Falcon Heavy Test Flight
« Reply #180 on: May 28, 2019, 09:41:21 AM »
Some have a hard time accepting that space is not a public works project anymore. Elon's company. Elon's payload. I don't see anyone here building their own space launch company.

The roadster thing did leave me as cold as space, but I have no objection to it. It probably did get a bit more press than otherwise so it's a good thing.

The sight of two boosters formation flying their way back to launch site otoh was inspiring.

Offline Donnie B.

• Earth
« Reply #181 on: June 19, 2019, 10:46:16 AM »
Something tells me Dalhousie has very few kids on his lawn. ;)

Offline Peter B

• Saturn
« Reply #182 on: July 13, 2019, 01:18:48 AM »
On a vaguely related note, I see that tomorrow (14 July 2019) is the 10th anniversary of the first successful launch of a Falcon rocket - the only successful launch of a Falcon 1.

I'm pretty sure back then I'd have been amazed that by now they regularly recover and reuse their Falcon 9 first stages...

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #183 on: July 13, 2019, 11:01:02 AM »
Well, hi, Donnie B.!  I think about you regularly!  How's it going?
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline Donnie B.

• Earth
« Reply #184 on: July 13, 2019, 01:52:43 PM »
Hi gillian!  I dropped back in here a few months ago when the Apollo 11 movie hit the iMax circuit.  Guess you missed my shout-out back then  ;)

I'm doing fine.  Retired now, living off the fat of the... um... IRA?  I'm surprised to hear you say I've popped up in your thoughts -- maybe this internet thing has something going for it after all.

Seems like you're enjoying motherhood.  Hope all else is well with you.  Best wishes to you and your younguns!  8)

Offline Glom

• Saturn
« Reply #185 on: July 15, 2019, 10:36:03 AM »
IRA? Don't they just run drugs these days? Though they might be arming shortly.

Offline Donnie B.

• Earth
« Reply #186 on: July 16, 2019, 07:10:28 AM »
Not that IRA!   :o