Author Topic: Is the Scientific Process, Standards of Proof ignored by NASA Supporters?  (Read 224900 times)

Offline Romulus

• Earth
  • BANNED
Re: Is the Scientific Process, Standards of Proof ignored by NASA Supporters?
« Reply #180 on: February 02, 2015, 11:39:15 PM »
No one has ever proved anything to any of you in 15 years that I can see.

In 15 years no one has posted anything but the same old regurgitated, long-debunked nonsense -- it remains unconvincing, and not because its critics are mentally ill, as you claim.

As the moderator stated, this is going nowhere and I agree. What i do not agree on is who hid the  map. Lock the thread and i will post another, proving another contention. it was  important to prove this one first so that we all understood the rules. I am required to do what most scientists regard as impossible, and I am willing to try. that might seem arrogant to you, but I've done things most people regard as impossible in the past and it is not blazing any new trails for me. I realize you will never believe me because your ego will not allow you to, but I can easily manipulate you at will while you think you're manipulating me. I simply explained why I can't do the impossible with this thread, which is force you to admit anything. I have no doubt you do understand.

Offline Romulus

• Earth
  • BANNED
« Reply #181 on: February 02, 2015, 11:41:53 PM »
You say your purpose is satisfied, so leave.

I understand your eagerness to see me do that,Mr Windley, but I am a man who keeps my word and I believe dishonesty dishonors only oneself.

Offline Romulus

• Earth
  • BANNED
« Reply #182 on: February 02, 2015, 11:45:04 PM »
I can see this is going nowhere fast.

I think it might have went in a direction you had not intended. Isn't the usual procedure to censor in that case?

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #183 on: February 02, 2015, 11:46:58 PM »
As the moderator stated, this is going nowhere and I agree.

Because the requests for you to do what you say you can and will do go unheeded.

What i do not agree on is who hid the  map. Lock the thread and i will post another, proving another contention.

Most of us would be delighted if you would pick some contention and prove it, rather than to continue picking meaningless fights.

it was important to prove this one first so that we all understood the rules.

No, "we all" don't agree with your strategy of dictating to everyone else what they must accept from you or provide to you.

I am required to do what most scientists regard as impossible...

No, you are required to what most scientists, historians, lawyers, and reasonable people regard as necessary -- satisfy the burden of proof for your affirmative claim.  Your inability or unwillingness to recognize it as an affirmative claim is not my problem.  I've asked you several times to elaborate on that, and you refuse.

I realize you will never believe me because your ego will not allow you to...

No, not everyone who disagrees with you is an egotist.

I can easily manipulate you at will while you think you're manipulating me.

You propose to win a debate by manipulation?  What happened to all that extraordinary evidence you promised?

I simply explained why I can't do the impossible with this thread, which is force you to admit anything.

Well, make up your mind.  You spent a big portion of this thread crowing over how you supposedly got me to admit something that you apparently plan to use to "take me down."  But now when you're asked to put up, you say you won't because you can't get anyone to admit anything.

I have no doubt you do understand.

No, I don't understand.  It's like you're reading another thread.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline Romulus

• Earth
  • BANNED
« Reply #184 on: February 02, 2015, 11:47:37 PM »

. If you lock this thread I will post another, with another objective.
All the more reason to leave this one open, in my opinion.

Thank you, you revealed a lot  about yourself with that retort.

Offline Chief

• Venus
« Reply #185 on: February 02, 2015, 11:48:16 PM »
Boy, I don't check the forums for a few hours and look what happens.

Romulus, what exactly is the point of all this?

Perhaps you could explain to us how one would go about using the scientific process to verify a past event.

« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 11:50:49 PM by Chief »

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #186 on: February 02, 2015, 11:48:33 PM »
I understand your eagerness to see me do that,Mr Windley, but I am a man who keeps my word and I believe dishonesty dishonors only oneself.

I'm eager only for you to put up or shut up.  Either one is fine with me.  But I'm not going to indulge you in 12 more pages of a pissing match.  Put up your evidence right now, or shut up right now.

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #187 on: February 02, 2015, 11:49:11 PM »
As the moderator stated, this is going nowhere and I agree. What i do not agree on is who hid the  map. Lock the thread and i will post another, proving another contention. it was  important to prove this one first so that we all understood the rules. I am required to do what most scientists regard as impossible, and I am willing to try. that might seem arrogant to you, but I've done things most people regard as impossible in the past and it is not blazing any new trails for me. I realize you will never believe me because your ego will not allow you to, but I can easily manipulate you at will while you think you're manipulating me. I simply explained why I can't do the impossible with this thread, which is force you to admit anything. I have no doubt you do understand.

You've proved nothing in his thread except that...

1. You have been rude, pompous and arrogant.

2. You are not a scientist

3. You ignore the requests of other posters for you to post evidence to back up the claims you have made.

4. You are nothing special; just another Hoax Believer posting the same, tired old stuff that has been previously debunked numerous times before

5. Once you take on people who have the skill, the knowledge and the expertise to challenge you back, you find yourself hopelessly out of your depth and have to resort to #1 above
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline Bob B.

• Jupiter
  • Bob the Excel Guruâ„¢
    • Rocket & Space Technology
« Reply #188 on: February 02, 2015, 11:51:44 PM »
I'll tell you something you're not going to believe, but the first time I registered to  Bad Astronomy my ID was the same as yours is now. Which I find intriguing to say the least!

Neat trick considering that I was registered there using the same name.

Offline Romulus

• Earth
  • BANNED
« Reply #189 on: February 02, 2015, 11:54:53 PM »

No, "we all" don't agree with your strategy of dictating to everyone else what they must accept from you or provide to you.

I will put it to you as succinctly as possible. I am not here to provide amusement  for your twisted entertainment . Your job is obviously to prevent disclosure of evidence proving that NASA fabricated evidence of the moon landings. Your position is that I am required to prove a negative. I am willing to accept that challenge but only if some semblance of fair debate is honored. Right now it is 6 versus 1, 1 of which is threatening to censor me.. I don't really think the debate needs to be more unbalanced than that to be fair to you, do you?

Offline DD Brock

• Earth
« Reply #190 on: February 02, 2015, 11:56:59 PM »

. If you lock this thread I will post another, with another objective.
All the more reason to leave this one open, in my opinion.

Thank you, you revealed a lot  about yourself with that retort.

Not nearly as much as you reveal with the initial statement.

Walking into someone else's house and dictating terms is bad form. I merely suggest you not be allowed to do so by leaving this thread open.  Try not to stroke your own ego by reading any more into it than that...

Offline Romulus

• Earth
  • BANNED
« Reply #191 on: February 02, 2015, 11:58:38 PM »
Boy, I don't check the forums for a few hours and look what happens.

Romulus, what exactly is the point of all this?

Perhaps you could explain to us how one would go about using the scientific process to verify a past event.

The standards you must abide in are not  some well concealed secret. you are required to use empirical evidence and the scientific method. If you do not know what that means, LOOK IT UP.. Since you cannot duplicate the event, the onus is upon you to prove it. That's how science has always worked for centuries, that is until NASA came along and then it was just "you believe it because this is the way we said it happened!"

Offline Romulus

• Earth
  • BANNED
« Reply #192 on: February 03, 2015, 12:01:13 AM »

Walking into someone else's house and dictating terms is bad form.

I understand... I am not just another poster here like Windley said he was. I am in his and your house.

I see.

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #193 on: February 03, 2015, 12:03:36 AM »
I will put it to you as succinctly as possible. I am not here to provide amusement  for your twisted entertainment . Your job is obviously to prevent disclosure of evidence proving that NASA fabricated evidence of the moon landings. Your position is that I am required to prove a negative. I am willing to accept that challenge but only if some semblance of fair debate is honored. Right now it is 6 versus 1, 1 of which is threatening to censor me.. I don't really think the debate needs to be more unbalanced than that to be fair to you, do you?

That is a goalpost shift of such tremendous proportions that you have moved them to the middle of next season

You are NOT being asked to prove a negative, you have been asked to prove your claims that

1. The Lunar surface video was faked
2. The moon rocks are fake
3. The Saturn V launched were faked
4. The entirety of the Apollo record including all engineering documents, audio/visual records, photographs and journals are all faked
5. Apollo is a global, ongoing conspiracy

These are not "claiming a negative".....they are YOUR POSITIVE CLAIMS, the burdon of proof for these claims is upon YOU!!
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #194 on: February 03, 2015, 12:04:16 AM »
I am not here to provide amusement for your twisted entertainment.

Did I ask for amusement or entertainment?  I asked for your evidence.

Your job is obviously to prevent disclosure of evidence proving that NASA fabricated evidence of the moon landings.

You refuse to present any of it.  You're doing quite well all by yourself at preventing its disclosure.

Your position is that I am required to prove a negative.

No.  "NASA fabricated evidence of the moon landings," is an affirmative claim.

I am willing to accept that challenge but only if some semblance of fair debate is honored.

Fair debate does not allow you to shift the burden of proof or decline it.

Right now it is 6 versus 1

Numbers weren't important when you were so confident in your own abilities.  Besides, you already proposed to ignore all of them but me, just as IDW did at Bad Astronomy.

1 of which is threatening to censor me.

Only governments can censor.  The owner of the forum you're using at his sole expense and pleasure is threatening to control your use of it unless you agree to its terms of use.  Don't like it?  Get your own forum where you can post to your heart's content.

I don't really think the debate needs to be more unbalanced than that to be fair to you, do you?

You already said you could best any and all of us.  After that, it's inappropriate for you to complain about unfair treatment.