Author Topic: Is the Scientific Process, Standards of Proof ignored by NASA Supporters?  (Read 224871 times)

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
Re: Is the Scientific Process, Standards of Proof ignored by NASA Supporters?
« Reply #165 on: February 02, 2015, 11:20:38 PM »
Apparently I am the only one here who realizes this thread is for all intents and purposes going nowhere since page one. I refuse to be ran in circles. Either close it or I'll just stop posting to this forum because it has no practical purpose other than to cover up the truth and slander Apollo debunkers.

You started running yourself in circles when you made claims that you either couldn't or wouldn't back up.

You will notice that you have now been placed on "watched" status. I'm not a moderator here, but I know what this means. You will be now be expected to back up the claims you have made, with evidence.

The clock is running......  .

NOTE: I should point out that nothing of what I have seen from you is new; its old hat.... very old hat. We've seen it all before; Hoax Believers who try to shift the burdon of proof from themselves to those who support the established facts.

Apollo is 100% an established fact. There are very few who believe it was faked, and that number has been steadily diminishing ever since the LRO has started returning irrefutable photographs of the the six landing sites that clearly show the walking tracks of the astronauts and the wheel tracks of the LRV. The numbers of Hoax Proponents has reduced steadily from a noisy minority to a minor annoyance and are heading inexorably towards (appropriately) the lunatic fringe of conspiracy theorism 
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #166 on: February 02, 2015, 11:21:55 PM »
Mr. Windley, intelligence is not something one can imitate. And you are proof positive of that fact.

I'm comfortable letting readers determine whether I'm intelligent or not.

However I'm not interested in posturing.  You've said you have evidence that effectively proves Apollo was hoaxed.  And you have said you are capable of defending that proposition with great skill.  I would like to see you demonstrate that, please.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline Romulus

• Earth
  • BANNED
« Reply #167 on: February 02, 2015, 11:22:46 PM »
Interdimensional Warrior, I'm guessing.

Now that you mention it, he does sounds a lot like Interdimensional Warrior.
I'll tell you something you're not going to believe, but the first time I registered to  Bad Astronomy my ID was the same as yours is now. Which I find intriguing to say the least!

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #168 on: February 02, 2015, 11:24:30 PM »
I think that was the point, Mr.Windley. I can't prove it, because they weren't. And that's the same reason you can't prove they were on the moon.

Uh, how does your inability to prove some particular claim affect the case for some other claim?  Okay, you admit you have no evidence they were with you in Mexico.  Where were they, then?  And what's your evidence?

Offline LunarOrbit

• Administrator
  • Saturn
    • ApolloHoax.net
« Reply #169 on: February 02, 2015, 11:24:33 PM »
I can see this is going nowhere fast. Romulus, if all you're interested in is a pissing match with Jay then get lost. You're a waste of our time.

I have to work in the morning, I can't be bothered to babysit you all night. If I wake up to find you have done nothing but boast about your "superior intellect" and insult the other members of the form, I will place you under moderation. If you want to participate in this forum, you can start by making a real argument to support your belief that Apollo was faked.
It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth.
I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.
I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- Neil Armstrong (1930-2012)

Offline Romulus

• Earth
  • BANNED
« Reply #170 on: February 02, 2015, 11:25:55 PM »
Mr. Windley, intelligence is not something one can imitate. And you are proof positive of that fact.

I'm comfortable letting readers determine whether I'm intelligent or not.

However I'm not interested in posturing.  You've said you have evidence that effectively proves Apollo was hoaxed.  And you have said you are capable of defending that proposition with great skill.  I would like to see you demonstrate that, please.

I have la ready stated my conditions to continue, and that is my right and my prerogative. this may be your forum but I am a free man, and if you attempt to restrict my freedom with your demands you will find yourself pissing into the wind. Close the thread and I will post another, with another proof. It is not important to me what you or your comrades here claim I proved. No one has ever proved anything to any of you in 15 years that I can see.

Offline Romulus

• Earth
  • BANNED
« Reply #171 on: February 02, 2015, 11:27:57 PM »
I can see this is going nowhere fast. Romulus, if all you're interested in is a pissing match with Jay then get lost. You're a waste of our time.

I have to work in the morning, I can't be bothered to babysit you all night. If I wake up to find you have done nothing but boast about your "superior intellect" and insult the other members of the form, I will place you under moderation. If you want to participate in this forum, you can start by making a real argument to support your belief that Apollo was faked.
I believe I have repeatedly related to you that the only thing I set out to do with this thread has been accomplished. i even asked you to lock it to prevent the pissing match as you call it, because it serves your interests better than my own by obfuscating the facts. If you lock this thread I wil post another, with another objective.

Offline DD Brock

• Earth
« Reply #172 on: February 02, 2015, 11:30:16 PM »
The arrogance displayed in coming into someone else's house and trying to set your own rules is truly astounding.

. If you lock this thread I wil post another, with another objective.
All the more reason to leave this one open, in my opinion.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 11:33:34 PM by DD Brock »

Offline Romulus

• Earth
  • BANNED
« Reply #173 on: February 02, 2015, 11:31:53 PM »
But you are the main pimp here.

By what standard?

And Phil Plait is the guy who runs the whole show, isn't he?

Who is saying that?

I am not obsessed with you Mr.Windley, but why concentrate on those that nobody knows when you can take down the big braggart with the same effort?

Perhaps because the people whom, according to you, "nobody knows" might have relevant knowledge, experience, and reasoning that relates to your evidence?  Is their wisdome so unworthy because they're not a big target for you to "take down?"  At least now we know that showboating is your goal, not a meaningful test of your beliefs or the evidence.

No sir, showboating is not my intention, if it were I would identify myself. Whee is the glory in this?

My intention is to drop big game, not a chipmunk.And I don't give a damned if that game ever knows who I am or even that I am there.

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #174 on: February 02, 2015, 11:33:01 PM »
No one has ever proved anything to any of you in 15 years that I can see.

In 15 years no one has posted anything but the same old regurgitated, long-debunked nonsense -- it remains unconvincing, and not because its critics are mentally ill, as you claim.

But you won't even try.  You've already decided that you've "won" and that you won't present any actual argument because you've decided we're unworthy of it.  A dozen pages of bluster convinces no one of anything.

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #175 on: February 02, 2015, 11:33:51 PM »
My intention is to drop big game...

Then drop it already.

Offline Romulus

• Earth
  • BANNED
« Reply #176 on: February 02, 2015, 11:33:58 PM »
The arrogance displayed in coming into someone else's house and trying to set his own rules is truly astounding.
I am not trying to set any rules, i am  simply asking you to abide in them as you set them for me, a fair game and a somewhat level playing field. the last 9 pages have all been about attacking my integrity, my ability and my honesty. I have simply been defending myself using what I believe is the best strategy, a good offense.

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #177 on: February 02, 2015, 11:36:31 PM »
...because it serves your interests better than my own by obfuscating the facts.

You present no facts.  You don't present anything but bluster.

You say your purpose here has been accomplished.  But a dozen pages later you're still trying to "drop big game."  Whatever that means, it certainly doesn't seem to mean presenting actual evidence and discussing it.

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #178 on: February 02, 2015, 11:38:17 PM »
the last 9 pages have all been about attacking my integrity, my ability and my honesty.

No, it's been about trying to get you to present the actual evidence you say you have, which substantiates your belief.

I have simply been defending myself using what I believe is the best strategy, a good offense.

No, you've just been offensive.  You say your purpose is satisfied, so leave.  If your purpose isn't satisfied, state what your new purpose is an do something about it.

Offline DD Brock

• Earth
« Reply #179 on: February 02, 2015, 11:38:38 PM »
The arrogance displayed in coming into someone else's house and trying to set his own rules is truly astounding.
I am not trying to set any rules, i am  simply asking you to abide in them as you set them for me, a fair game and a somewhat level playing field. the last 9 pages have all been about attacking my integrity, my ability and my honesty. I have simply been defending myself using what I believe is the best strategy, a good offense.

Thus far you have failed to demonstrate any integrity. You offered to present detailed alternate explanations of Apollo, yet you refuse to post them. You claim to be more qualified than the learned individuals here, yet you refuse to.provide evidence of credentials.

Thus far all you have done is insult Mr. Windley, toot your own horn, and tick off the moderation staff, and claim some sort of victory at that.

Well done...