Author Topic: What becomes of old 'friends'..  (Read 478964 times)

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
Re: What becomes of old 'friends'..
« Reply #345 on: October 22, 2012, 07:02:22 PM »
Len Brazil?

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #346 on: October 22, 2012, 07:07:15 PM »
That UK chappie whose name always escapes me. You know the one. sarky, but really knows his photo stuff, and I mean really. Hell I learned photographic stuff from his rebuttal of web loons, and I am not too shabby on photos

Offline DJW001

• Mercury
« Reply #347 on: October 25, 2012, 06:09:07 PM »
If anyone is interested, "Mr. May" has responded to my question by PM over at JREF. I have posted the entirety in the open forum. He begins the reply with a headline (check), twists my use of the phrase "alleged conversation" to imply that he claimed it was spoken (check), insults my intelligence then refuses to provide a straight answer (double check!). Then, as if to underline that it is indeed Patrick, he gives an nonsensical justification for providing unnecessary autobiographical detail...  which was completely irrelevant to the question.

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
« Reply #348 on: October 25, 2012, 06:24:40 PM »
I post as Pooneil on JREF and posted a query in the forum as to why he gave so recent an "example" of his long fought effort at debunking hoax believers.  I got just a repeat of his post claiming a 10 year engagement in debunking. Ya, sure, whatever. 

He must be feeling the heat and avoiding public discussion while doing his mental reset, so he can approach us from the beginning again.   
The sun shone, having no alternative, on the nothing new. —Samuel Beckett

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #349 on: October 26, 2012, 07:31:29 PM »
If anyone is interested, "Mr. May" has responded to my question by PM over at JREF. I have posted the entirety in the open forum. He begins the reply with a headline (check), twists my use of the phrase "alleged conversation" to imply that he claimed it was spoken (check), insults my intelligence then refuses to provide a straight answer (double check!). Then, as if to underline that it is indeed Patrick, he gives an nonsensical justification for providing unnecessary autobiographical detail...  which was completely irrelevant to the question.
This is not disimilar to my experience. You are more forthright than I have been

Offline DJW001

• Mercury
« Reply #350 on: November 04, 2012, 07:32:52 AM »
He must be feeling the heat and avoiding public discussion while doing his mental reset, so he can approach us from the beginning again.

Actually, he has been quite active over at ATS recently. His current "discovery" is that the aberration of starlight caused by the craft's motion would render the optical sextant useless. He is, of course, insensible to the fact that the optics were not the primary means of navigation, and that the ship's computer had a subroutine to compensate for it. He sacrificed about half a dozen valiant sock puppets in the effort, and has now returned as "marcomichael." Be prepared for a new wave of navigation related assaults. Here is a link to a very informative paper on the subject:

http://ia700509.us.archive.org/21/items/nasa_techdoc_19670004771/19670004771.pdf

You'll note that it's by a Russian, so it's more trustworthy than anything NASA might say. ;)

Offline pzkpfw

• Venus

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #352 on: November 05, 2012, 03:57:54 AM »
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline ka9q

• Neptune
« Reply #353 on: November 05, 2012, 06:25:55 AM »
Actually, he has been quite active over at ATS recently. His current "discovery" is that the aberration of starlight caused by the craft's motion would render the optical sextant useless. He is, of course, insensible to the fact that the optics were not the primary means of navigation, and that the ship's computer had a subroutine to compensate for it.
And insensible to the fact that the Apollo 8 CMP, Jim Lovell, obtained exactly the same results with on-board optical navigation as the ground network with radio tracking.

Offline sts60

• Mars
« Reply #354 on: November 05, 2012, 10:31:24 AM »
He's also posted most recently (a couple of weeks ago) as "UtahJay" on the Economist web site (comments about the Romney/Apollo article).   Silly and pointless as usual.

Offline Noldi400

• Jupiter
« Reply #355 on: December 09, 2012, 10:22:11 PM »
Well, I see that BS (was there ever a more appropriate set of initials?) has started posting his junk on YT again. Just some tired old vids, but I wonder if he's warming up for another commercial release of some kind.
"The sane understand that human beings are incapable of sustaining conspiracies on a grand scale, because some of our most defining qualities as a species are... a tendency to panic, and an inability to keep our mouths shut." - Dean Koontz

Offline Rob260259

• Earth
« Reply #356 on: December 13, 2012, 02:40:17 PM »
Yup. But he deleted all comments on all of his videos (even the ones of the Aussie boy) and disabled ratings and comments. What a surprise...

Offline twik

• Jupiter
« Reply #357 on: December 17, 2012, 11:37:58 AM »
I wonder whatever happened to Moon Man (sorry, another thread made me think of him). Is he still up in Canada making legal history, despite his law qualifications being as ambiguous as the survival of Shrodinger's Cat?

Unlike Patrick, he appears to have at least given up tilting at lunar windmills once his time here was over.

Offline Not Myself

• Earth
  • Unwanted Irritant
« Reply #358 on: December 17, 2012, 06:26:21 PM »
I wonder whatever happened to Moon Man

That guy was hilarious.

Maybe his work on the great Apollo hoax was done, and he's moved on to unmask other conspiracies.
The internet - where bigfoot is real and the moon landings aren't.

Offline Andromeda

• Jupiter
« Reply #359 on: December 18, 2012, 02:17:55 PM »
Moon Man's rants were among the most bizarre things I have ever seen.
"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny...'" - Isaac Asimov.