Author Topic: What becomes of old 'friends'..  (Read 479159 times)

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
Re: What becomes of old 'friends'..
« Reply #495 on: March 10, 2013, 02:41:41 PM »
Interviewer. Can you keep a secret?
Applicant. Yes.
Interviewer. Right, your are in. Start Monday.
Applicant. What will my duties be?
Interviewer. Can't tell you, its secret.

I used to have a poster expressing a similar sentiment on the wall of my office when I was in the Air Force.

"The secrecy of my job prevents me from knowing what I am doing"
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline Count Zero

• Mars
  • Pad 39A July 14,1969
« Reply #496 on: March 10, 2013, 09:16:25 PM »
Often wondered who watches the death squads, who watches the watchmen and all that, it seems to be a stance many a hoax believer takes. So, how do you prove the squads loyalty?

Applicant. Yes.

Reg:  If you want to join us, you've got to really hate the Romans.
Brian:  I do!
Reg:  How much?
Brian:  A lot.
(pause)
Reg:  All right, you're in.
"What makes one step a giant leap is all the steps before."

Offline Laurel

• Earth
« Reply #497 on: March 10, 2013, 10:33:20 PM »
Applicant. Yes.

I used to have a poster expressing a similar sentiment on the wall of my office when I was in the Air Force.

"The secrecy of my job prevents me from knowing what I am doing"
As Colonel Flagg on M*A*S*H once said, "Nobody can get the truth out of me because even I don't know what it is. I keep myself in a constant state of utter confusion."
"Well, my feet they finally took root in the earth, but I got me a nice little place in the stars, and I swear I found the key to the universe in the engine of an old parked car..."
Bruce Springsteen

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #498 on: March 10, 2013, 11:39:57 PM »
Oh, that's an interesting thought--an entire death squad of Colonel Flaggs.  There would be no survivors--of the death squad.  They'd all start killing each other!
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline Tedward

• Mars
« Reply #499 on: March 11, 2013, 04:30:51 AM »
On top of that how do you enforce the rule using squad 1. Squad 2 will obviously be concentrating on squad 1 and will not know what they are protecting and there might be a standby squad three to cover for sick leave and family emergencies, holidays etc. Apart from when squads trail them they keep going to this place with rockets, they might start to think about it.

But, in this day and age you send an e mail. Seminars still go on, they will never go away? So, 400,000 to get through and replace those that will not play ball before the day of e mails.

Couple of seminars, how many people can you get in a decent sized room? Maybe more than a few seminars then, and have to start earlier to get through 4000 events, OK, silly idea really but your squad number one has to get through 400,000 people to tell them to keep mum. (Keep mum, phrase in the UK for keeping quiet, used else where?).

Seminars bit silly as well. So smaller numbers, your squad has to get through 400,000 in moody lighted underground car parks and so on, so 365 days in a year, how many years before this event do they have to start? Slowly and they need less in squad 1, lot in squad 1 and they can get through it quickly. Increasing the numbers in Squad 1 increases the chances of letting the cat out the bag.....

In that screening you find someone who is not going to play ball or does not sit right, what do you do?

Interviewer 1. What do you reckon?
Interviewer 2. He has changed sides already.
Interviewer 2. And he looks shifty.

Sorry, my mind wanders at times ;)

Offline frenat

• Mars
« Reply #500 on: March 11, 2013, 09:21:52 AM »
Remember cosmored/rocky/davidc/Scott, etc.?  His latest is to post trollish first posts on random internet boards and then claim censorship when they either don't allow the post or ban him shortly afterward. (links to the bragging posts on the few forums that haven't yet banned him)  Careful with the Spurstalk links as some of the other posters are rather trollish as well.  Some content is NSFW.

Here's where he braggs about making a post on a Mythbusters fan site insulting the mythbusters
http://www.politicalforum.com/moon-landing/190138-apollo-moon-missions-were-faked-studio-41.html#post1062380233

Here's where he tried it on an astronomy forum
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201736&page=14&p=6372351&viewfull=1#post6372351

Here he got banned from militaryphotos.net after a single post.  His first post had multiple youtube videos and their forum automatically made them all playable instead of links.  Consequently, in one post he was crashing their forum.
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201736&page=14&p=6381991&viewfull=1#post6381991

Sadly he still doesn't realize that he is not being banned for content but rather his actions.  He doesn't think he looks like a troll.
-Reality is not determined by your lack of comprehension.
 -Never let facts stand in the way of a good conspiracy theory.
 -There are no bad ideas, just great ideas that go horribly wrong.

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #501 on: March 11, 2013, 01:15:43 PM »
No; he's one of the few people where I assume there is some mental health issue involved.
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #502 on: March 11, 2013, 01:22:00 PM »
Sadly he still doesn't realize that he is not being banned for content but rather his actions.  He doesn't think he looks like a troll.

Yeah he's like showing up to a party and peeing in the punchbowl while singing.  When they kick you out, it's not because they don't like your singing.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #503 on: March 11, 2013, 01:25:30 PM »
No; he's one of the few people where I assume there is some mental health issue involved.

Likewise.  I hate mentioning that because I share the same sensitivity to those accusations as you do.  But he's one of the only three people I've encountered over the past decade whom I suspect of a legitimate mental health problem.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline Glom

• Saturn
Re: Re: What becomes of old 'friends'..
« Reply #504 on: March 11, 2013, 02:09:23 PM »

Likewise.  I hate mentioning that because I share the same sensitivity to those accusations as you do.  But he's one of the only three people I've encountered over the past decade whom I suspect of a legitimate mental health problem.

Who are the others?

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #505 on: March 11, 2013, 02:28:18 PM »
I'm certain Nancy Lieder has something wrong.  This is because I know she has done things in life that are symptoms of mental illness, not just said crazy things on the internet.

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #506 on: March 11, 2013, 04:02:46 PM »

Who are the others?
Gotta be DavidC/Scott/Fatfreddy88 Etc. That dude is such a loon.

Offline Andromeda

• Jupiter
« Reply #507 on: March 11, 2013, 04:48:08 PM »

Who are the others?

That kind of language really doesn't help.
"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny...'" - Isaac Asimov.

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #508 on: March 11, 2013, 05:31:16 PM »

We already discussed him.  And I agree--"loon" is not the term I'd prefer.

Offline carpediem

• Venus
« Reply #509 on: March 11, 2013, 05:37:09 PM »

Who are the others?
I'm pretty sure he only counts as one person though.