Author Topic: YT debunker videos reference  (Read 12983 times)

Offline 12oh2alarm

• Venus
  • This dude likes Don Martin cartoons.
YT debunker videos reference
« on: July 22, 2015, 02:26:49 PM »
I've perused the information in thread Useful reference links hoping to find YT channel names of people debunking the hoax. Since the references mostly point to websites, lets take the opportunity to create a reference list of channels here. Yes, I know anybody can just enter "moon hoax debunk" in the YT search widget, but I trust that search only as far as I can throw it. It may miss a real gem if the channel/clip wasn't indexed properly.
The ones I've seen and consider exceptional quality:
  • Phil Webb
  • Astrobrant2 (This forum's esteemed Astrobrant)
  • LunarTuner
  • LandingApollo
  • GoneToPlaid (apparently closed his account, but mirrored by ytmoog, Astrobrant2, maybe others)

Offline Allan F

• Saturn
Re: YT debunker videos reference
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2015, 03:56:31 PM »
Don't forget BertieSlack, Rob260259, BryanPopRobson just to throw a few names in - I believe they are all members here.
Well, it is like this: The truth doesn't need insults. Insults are the refuge of a darkened mind, a mind that refuses to open and see. Foul language can't outcompete knowledge. And knowledge is the result of education. Education is the result of the wish to know more, not less.

Offline 12oh2alarm

• Venus
  • This dude likes Don Martin cartoons.
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2015, 07:09:34 AM »
Forgot those two clips by the other Dutch guy (sgcollins):

PS: If anyone could tell me how to use that BBCode "Youtube" tag, I'd be thankful. All it does is wrap the content in bracketed "youtube" tags, which appears to leave the URLs as-is. What's the magic to make them work?

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
  • Chaos in his tin foil hat
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2015, 08:08:49 AM »
LandingApollo only made 3 videos, but they are absolute humdingers in their brevity and clarity. Straight to the point and take apart hoax arguments in no time. They were some of the first videos that I watched on YouTube.

I was actually looking for footage about Apollo, and found lots of hoax nonsense. I began researching their arguments, which led me to Clavius, BAUT (as it was called at the time), Bob B's website and numerous YT sites that debunked the hoax theory... and finally here.

Phil Webb took Jarrah White's Exhibit D to pieces. When Phil was making his rebutall, he sent me an email that consisted of 32 contradictions made by Jarrah. Phil asked me to check his thinking, and I had to give him kudos for patiently sitting through Jarrah's nonsense and picking out 32 contradictions. It took the patience of a saint, as my brain is usually fried after 1 minute of Jarrah.

It is a shame GoneToPlaid went, but he's gone off to help out with the ALSJ. Astrobrant is slightly more vociferous in his approach, but he makes me laugh.

Check out the YT channels of BoozyScientist, HeadLikeARock, amontaiyagala and Steve Sisson. Also worth a look is BlisterHiker (https://vimeo.com/blisterhiker/videos).

You could look at LukeQuixoteSanJose (pron. Luke Quicks Oat San Joes for comic effect), but he doesn't make videos any longer.  :)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 08:10:25 AM by Luke Pemberton »
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

A polar orbit would also bypass the SAA - Tim Finch

Offline grmcdorman

• Earth
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2015, 11:27:23 AM »
Changing https: to http: works. Formatting in the list is ugly, though.

Hopefully there will be an update to the forum software that recognizes the https, as most services (especially Google) are moving to that, with good reason.

• Moon Hoax Not
  •   For Blunder (or so)

Code: [Select]

[list]
[li][youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGXTF6bs1IU[/youtube] Moon Hoax Not[/li]
[li][youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TelJ75pzP4[/youtube]  For Blunder (or so)[/li]
[/list]
OT: The code list at wiki.simplemachines.org is broken (http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Basic_Bulletin_Board_Codes); looks like some sort of scripting error on the server.

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2015, 12:59:43 PM »
svector did the Lunar Legacy video, but it went AWOL when svector closed his account.

No worries, with permission and blessing, youtube user venompangx (note spelling and pun) mirrored them on his channel. Part 1 here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCUCMSBtH2k. I'm sure you can figure out parts 2 thru 5 from there.

Reportedly, svector is working on an updated version.

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2015, 06:09:27 AM »
I am glad vector's videos have been preserved. There is one example of the theorists getting nasty. They subjected him to vile remarks.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

Offline Mag40

• Mars
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2015, 10:16:49 AM »
I like short and sweet debunking videos like this one -----

Doesn't that just completely debunk the film by David Percy, where he claims there is a big superlight that lights the whole area?

Offline Gazpar

• Earth
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2015, 10:35:32 AM »

Doesn't that just completely debunk the film by David Percy, where he claims there is a big superlight that lights the whole area?
I didnt get this one, can someone explain it to me? Please

Offline Mag40

• Mars
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2015, 11:24:58 AM »

I didnt get this one, can someone explain it to me? Please

The aulis website suggest that because the reflections in the visors are so big, it must mean they used a superlight to light the area. I found a picture showing it --- http://www.aulis.com/imagesfurther%20/super-light3.jpg

The video shows that this big area on the visor is caused partly by diffusion of the visor itself and the tv camera having a bit of blooming. When the rod passes over where the light source strikes the visor, the whole of this blob disappears, so the reflection cannot be caused by any superlight.

Offline Mag40

• Mars
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2015, 11:26:49 AM »
Part one explains it as well ----

Offline DD Brock

• Earth
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2015, 12:12:09 PM »

That's funny, the second Percy uttered that "small pinprick of light if it was the sun nonsense," I immediately thought of getting blinded by the sun reflecting off of cars in front of me driving home from work everyday. 

Do these people actually know what irrefutable means?

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2015, 02:05:35 PM »

I lasted less than a second once David Percy started talking, and had to turn the sound down.

Offline Allan F

• Saturn
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2015, 02:10:17 PM »

To them it means "I'm right, and you're wrong - no matter how much you can prove your point".
Well, it is like this: The truth doesn't need insults. Insults are the refuge of a darkened mind, a mind that refuses to open and see. Foul language can't outcompete knowledge. And knowledge is the result of education. Education is the result of the wish to know more, not less.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2015, 07:28:17 AM »

To them it means "I'm right, and you're wrong - no matter how much you can prove your point".

But they(Allen, Percy, Sibrel etal) are in the business of selling DVD's, magazines etc. and can't very well say "well I guess I'm wrong" don't buy my videos or invite me to do anymore TV specials
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan