Author Topic: A great link with lots of info about the Apollo space suits and PLSS  (Read 3498 times)

Offline mako88sb

• Mars
Spent quite a bit of time looking at this. He's been encouraged to write a book about his experiences and I would definitely buy one if it ever happened. Not sure how many here are members of CollectSpace?

http://www.collectspace.com/ubb/Forum38/HTML/001957.html

Offline bknight

• Neptune
Re: A great link with lots of info about the Apollo space suits and PLSS
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2016, 06:02:27 PM »
Spent quite a bit of time looking at this. He's been encouraged to write a book about his experiences and I would definitely buy one if it ever happened. Not sure how many here are members of CollectSpace?

Don't tell Baker. ::)
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline mako88sb

• Mars
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2016, 01:14:34 AM »

Don't tell Baker. ::)

CollectSpace doesn't let just anybody join. They have no hoaxheads there at all that I've ever seen. I'm sure it will drive him even more bonkers that he won't be able to join. lol.

Should hear his latest:  Neil Baker: "It's hard to imagine.
Buzz Aldrin in front of a formal military firing squad for treason. Michael Collins and many others also?"

This is based on his assumption that Trump might win. For some reason, he has this notion in his head that Trump will investigate the Apollo missions.

Offline gwiz

• Mars
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2016, 06:35:04 AM »
This is based on his assumption that Trump might win. For some reason, he has this notion in his head that Trump will investigate the Apollo missions.
The Apollo hoax doesn't appear on the Trump conspiracy list.  Yet.
http://www.alternet.org/right-wing/58-donald-trump-conspiracy-theories-and-counting-definitive-trump-conspiracy-guide
Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind - Terry Pratchett
...the ascent module ... took off like a rocket - Moon Man

Offline ka9q

• Neptune
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2016, 05:00:26 PM »
The Apollo hoax doesn't appear on the Trump conspiracy list.  Yet.
This may change.

"People are saying" that Donald Trump decided to make his run for the presidency during the White House Correspondents' Dinner on May 1, 2011, with Trump present in the audience. Seth Myers commented, "I heard that Donald Trump is running for president as a Republican, which is strange because I thought he was running as a joke." The audience roared but Trump just sat there, stone-faced, rocking slowly back and forth, fuming.

Then Obama really poured it on. With the Chief Birther in attendance, Obama had just released his long-form birth certificate. That night he showed his "official birth video" -- a clip from The Lion King. Then he twisted the knife:

And I know just the guy to do it -– Donald Trump is here tonight!  (Laughter and applause.)  Now, I know that he’s taken some flak lately, but no one is happier, no one is prouder to put this birth certificate matter to rest than the Donald.  (Laughter.)  And that’s because he can finally get back to focusing on the issues that matter –- like, did we fake the moon landing?  (Laughter.)  What really happened in Roswell?  (Laughter.)  And where are Biggie and Tupac?  (Laughter and applause.)

So if Trump decided on his run after being humiliated that night, maybe an "investigation" of the moon landing will be next on his list.

Offline mako88sb

• Mars
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2016, 01:38:18 PM »

So if Trump decided on his run after being humiliated that night, maybe an "investigation" of the moon landing will be next on his list.

Well, I highly doubt it. For one thing, Buzz Aldrin has been advising Trump on matters regarding space exploration. After I pointed this out to Neil Baker, he hasn't mentioned Trump at all.

Offline Glom

• Saturn
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2016, 02:28:03 PM »
Buzz has confessed!

Was it his purple heart?

Offline Apollo 957

• Earth
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2016, 06:17:47 PM »
Wonderful stuff, thanks for finding this for us.