Apollo Discussions > The Reality of Apollo

Searching for Skylab - Kickstarter (mod approved)

(1/4) > >>

dwight:
Hi everyone,

Searching for Skylab has entered high gear, and in order to make it over the finish line, we are looking at getting your help. It is the first feature-length documentary film about the US' first space station. Many of you love space history, and Skylab is a somewhat forgotten part of it. Your support will go to preserving Skylab's history in the way of this film The archival material (which looks like it was shot yesterday it is so clear) will cost us to be transferred. We also need to market the film as we are independent and need to get our voice heard.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/searchingforskylab/searching-for-skylab-americas-forgotten-triumph?ref=nav_search&result=project&term=skylab

Your support is greatly appreciated and will be put to good use!

Sincerely,
Dwight

Northern Lurker:
Pledged. Thanks for the heads up.

Lurky

LunarOrbit:
I've pledged as well. Good luck, Dwight! These are important stories that need to be told.

Obviousman:
Done.

dwight:
I am humbled by the generous support everyone has shown for this project. Thank you so much! We have some fantastic material for the film, and the 16mm footage sparkles! We have Paul Weitz's last ever interview on there, and that one nearly never happened. Same with Bruce McCandless (although it was not his last interview, but rather the last time he spoke of the AMRV). If you are in a position to head over to Spacefest in July, please do. I look forward to seeing you there!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version