Author Topic: Who Turned out the Lights?!  (Read 2901 times)

Offline raven

• Uranus
Who Turned out the Lights?!
« on: July 19, 2017, 09:24:04 PM »
Anyone know why the site and forum were unavailable for the past couple days?
Curious minds (in more ways than one) want to know! :o

Offline LunarOrbit

• Administrator
  • Saturn
    • ApolloHoax.net
Re: Who Turned out the Lights?!
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2017, 09:40:54 PM »
Whoops! Has it been that long?  :o

Sorry about that, everyone. I was informed about a week ago that the server that the website is hosted on would be migrated to a new machine "at some point in the coming days". They made it sound like it would be a smooth process so I didn't think much of it. Well, apparently the move broke something and I didn't even notice until about an hour ago. That's my fault.

I reported the problem to my host as soon as I became aware of it and they were pretty quick to fix it.

Again, I apologize. I should have caught the problem earlier.
It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth.
I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.
I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- Neil Armstrong (1930-2012)

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2017, 09:50:05 PM »
Well, I'm glad it was fixed. I was mildly worried it was some kind of attack, but I didn't really have anyway to reach you to ask or inform about it. I actually looked up Clavius.org  on Whois to get Jay's email to see if HE could get in touch with you, since he is a mod here, but it came back up before I sent anything.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2017, 07:23:30 AM »

Sorry about that, everyone. I was informed about a week ago that the server that the website is hosted on would be migrated to a new machine "at some point in the coming days". They made it sound like it would be a smooth process so I didn't think much of it. Well, apparently the move broke something and I didn't even notice until about an hour ago. That's my fault.

I reported the problem to my host as soon as I became aware of it and they were pretty quick to fix it.

Things that go bump in the night, good work LO.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Northern Lurker

• Earth
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2017, 05:35:53 PM »
Today spell checking didn't work for me. It opened a new window with address http://www.apollohoax.net/forum/index.php?action=spellcheck but nothing happens. Is the problem at my end or do others have the same problem?

Lurky

Offline QuietElite

• Venus
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2017, 06:27:22 PM »
Today spell checking didn't work for me. It opened a new window with address http://www.apollohoax.net/forum/index.php?action=spellcheck but nothing happens. Is the problem at my end or do others have the same problem?

Lurky

Yes. I encountered the same problem today too.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2017, 07:12:20 PM »
Uum, I didn't have any issues today, as of yet. :)
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline LunarOrbit

• Administrator
  • Saturn
    • ApolloHoax.net
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2017, 12:04:15 AM »
Today spell checking didn't work for me.

Yes, that is happening for me too. I'll look into it.
It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth.
I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.
I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- Neil Armstrong (1930-2012)

Offline nomuse

• Jupiter
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2017, 01:15:48 PM »
Spell check is wroking fine for me.

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2017, 11:18:03 PM »

yep. But that is OK. Such happens happens when is a solo free gratis operator. I wouldn't get excited about it.

You might delegate it, (no frakkin' way I am volunteering) but it is yours and yours alone. And that is OK.

Offline Glom

• Saturn
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2017, 08:00:27 AM »
Well, I'm glad it was fixed. I was mildly worried it was some kind of attack, but I didn't really have anyway to reach you to ask or inform about it. I actually looked up Clavius.org  on Whois to get Jay's email to see if HE could get in touch with you, since he is a mod here, but it came back up before I sent anything.
Does that subforum still exist? I use Tapatalk so don't see the forum list.

No-one has much to say about Clavius these days. It's probably because Jay can't pull off the red lipstick and 60s summer dress look that Amy of Vintage Space can.