Author Topic: Reality continues to crumble in the wake of David Bowie’s death  (Read 9496 times)

Offline Bryanpoprobson

• Jupiter
  • Another Clown
Six months after the death of David Bowie, normal reality is collapsing at an ever-increasing rate.

Scientists have concluded that Bowie was in some way integral to the function of what we call normality in ways which they have not yet properly begun to understand, but postulate a hitherto unknown particle called the ‘Bowon’ which helped the universe keep its shit together.

Researchers at the Large Hadron Collider have added the Bowon to the list of particles they are looking for after recognising that things ‘really started to get all kinds of freaky’ after January 10th of this year.

“It started with small things,” said Professor of Applied Bowie Physics Simon Williams.

“Leicester winning the league, for example.

“But as time goes on, what we humans perceive as ‘normal’ is being revealed as a shared group illusion which is collapsing at an ever-increasing rate.

“Donald Trump leading in the polls. Hillary Clinton getting the nomination. Boris Johnson becoming Foreign Secretary. Jeremy Corbyn being allowed to remain where he is. That sort of thing.

“Stuff that simply would not happen in a sane world.”

Preliminary experimentation in subtracting the Bowon from other fundamental particles indicates that they just lose something of their Strangeness and Charm, and scientists theorise that this is what’s happening to everything, really.

Staff at CERN have taken to playing Space Oddity down the LHC really loudly to try and pull things back together, and will report on their findings.

:D :D

http://newsthump.com/2016/07/15/reality-continues-to-crumble-in-the-wake-of-david-bowies-death/
"Wise men speak because they have something to say!" "Fools speak, because they have to say something!" (Plato)

Offline Al Johnston

• Earth
Re: Reality continues to crumble in the wake of David Bowie’s death
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2016, 06:18:52 AM »
:D
"Cheer up!" they said. "It could be worse!" they said.
So I did.
And it was.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2016, 09:09:02 AM »
Journalists sometimes have to invent stories to meet deadlines.  This too will pass.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Bryanpoprobson

• Jupiter
  • Another Clown
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2016, 11:23:31 AM »
Journalists sometimes have to invent stories to meet deadlines.  This too will pass.

?? It's a joke :D (Newsthump) :D
"Wise men speak because they have something to say!" "Fools speak, because they have to say something!" (Plato)

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2016, 05:50:44 PM »

?? It's a joke :D (Newsthump) :D
OK, looked like a off-beat web site to me, not knowing their MO. 
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2016, 11:44:27 PM »
Well, perhaps it will turn into a Real Cool World now that Bowie has gone, After All, As the World Falls Down, The Shapes of Things leave me no Sense of Doubt that the Changes taking place will lead us on a Fantastic Voyage to a new Life on Mars
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline Bryanpoprobson

• Jupiter
  • Another Clown
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2016, 03:12:18 AM »
Well, perhaps it will turn into a Real Cool World now that Bowie has gone, After All, As the World Falls Down, The Shapes of Things leave me no Sense of Doubt that the Changes taking place will lead us on a Fantastic Voyage to a new Life on Mars

I feel Under Pressure for some reposté, I can't explain why, but don't bring me down, if it's not as good as your. After all maybe we are both, absolute beginners.

Offline revmic

• Venus
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2016, 10:04:00 PM »
And in celebration of Apollo's 47th anniversary, Let's Dance with the Young Americans who are Dancing in the Streets like a newly liberated Suffragette. City wide, All the Young Dudes are cheering the Fame of the Heroes who traveled through Space. Oddity upon oddity of the Apollo mission engaged their Fascination which just a few years before was just a Moonage Daydream that they could now remember in their Golden Years. With all the Modern Love for the space program, that we now share with other nations like China, Girl and boy alike can dream of being a Starman as they gaze at the moon, shining like a Diamond. Dogs and other Scary Monsters may cause a Panic in Detroit, but the Time is now to celebrate mankind's greatest achievement, the Apollo Program (as long as we clean up after ourselves, the trash and the Ashes, too. Ashes do get everywhere, after all).

Where knowledge is a duty, ignorance is a crime - Tom Paine

Offline molesworth

• Mars
  • the curse of st custards
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2016, 05:23:13 PM »
I doff my hat to you, sir...  :D
Days spent at sea are not deducted from one's allotted span - Phoenician proverb

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2016, 04:38:24 PM »
I hadn't spotted this thread until today but I have been saying the same thing for some time.

Brexit, Trump, the loss of some dearly beloved and admired stars that have entertained my eyes and ears for decades, all of it happened since Bowie..you know...did that thing.

We need to work out a way to bring him back.

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2016, 02:55:22 AM »
Interesting hypothesis.
Personally I think that the world started it's decline when Lemmy died. I thought that he was invincible.....drugs, alcohol, fast women...nothing touched him, or his massive facial carbuncle. He just kept on rocking, though to be fair you could see a decline in lung power at Glastonbury.  Maybe that was because he'd spent the previous 20 minutes wetting himself laughing after professional cockwomble, Kanye West, declared himself as the greatest rock and roll star on the planet. ::)

Lemmy was immortal, but also was clearly able to see into the future. He could see what way 2016 was going to turn out so he decided to check out when the planet still had a modicum of dignity left.
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2016, 09:20:08 AM »
I was so glad I got to see Lemmy at Glastonbury that year - especially as they did Overkill, which I think is their best song :)

Also glad I avoided Kanye!

Offline Northern Lurker

• Earth
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2016, 10:46:45 PM »
he'd spent the previous 20 minutes wetting himself laughing after professional cockwomble, Kanye West, declared himself as the greatest rock and roll star on the planet. ::)

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2016, 06:50:06 AM »
...Maybe that was because he'd spent the previous 20 minutes wetting himself laughing after professional cockwomble, Kanye West, declared himself as the greatest rock and roll star on the planet. ::)

Kanye who?
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline twik

• Jupiter
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2016, 10:34:57 AM »
Kanye West is someone I keep in my little pocket of reality marked "Not dealing with this nonsense".