Author Topic: Apollo management oral history  (Read 15915 times)

Offline Buel

• Mercury
Re: Apollo management oral history
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2013, 05:53:44 PM »
Hi sts60, please can I ask if you got the PM ok?
Thanks for this,

Buel

Offline ka9q

• Neptune
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2013, 03:29:24 AM »
PM your address, and I'll burn a couple CDs and mail them.  ka9q, if you'd like to host the files, I'll be happy to send you the CDs with my thanks.
I received the CDs from sts60, read them in and transferred them to my website. The URLs are

http://www.ka9q.net/Apollo/Management-Oral-History-1.mov
http://www.ka9q.net/Apollo/Management-Oral-History-2.mov

Pass these around as you like.

Offline Buel

• Mercury
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2013, 04:25:41 PM »
Well I, for one, would just like to say a massive 'Thank you' to you and, of course, sts60, for the videos. They are nothing short of fascinating!!
I have searched high and low for some/any video of Robert (Bob) Gilruth but have never been able to find any, up to now. I have just watched the men introduce themselves (the first 8 minutes) and it is fantastic! I never thought I would get chance to see these guys speak. Boy do I owe you both for this!! Thank you so very much!!

If you two would like the BBC Armstrong documentary in return, just let me know!!

Offline ka9q

• Neptune
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2013, 12:16:08 AM »
You're welcome.

Yes, I'd like to see the Armstrong interview.

Offline Buel

• Mercury
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2013, 02:03:44 AM »
Hi,
I have emailed you the link.....!  :D

Offline BazBear

• Mars
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2013, 10:03:19 AM »
PM your address, and I'll burn a couple CDs and mail them.  ka9q, if you'd like to host the files, I'll be happy to send you the CDs with my thanks.
I received the CDs from sts60, read them in and transferred them to my website. The URLs are

http://www.ka9q.net/Apollo/Management-Oral-History-1.mov
http://www.ka9q.net/Apollo/Management-Oral-History-2.mov

Pass these around as you like.
Thank you ka9q, and of course thanks to sts60 as well!
"It's true you know. In space, no one can hear you scream like a little girl." - Mark Watney, protagonist of The Martian by Andy Weir

Offline BazBear

• Mars
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2013, 01:37:58 AM »
Well I, for one, would just like to say a massive 'Thank you' to you and, of course, sts60, for the videos. They are nothing short of fascinating!!
I have searched high and low for some/any video of Robert (Bob) Gilruth but have never been able to find any, up to now. I have just watched the men introduce themselves (the first 8 minutes) and it is fantastic! I never thought I would get chance to see these guys speak. Boy do I owe you both for this!! Thank you so very much!!

If you two would like the BBC Armstrong documentary in return, just let me know!!
Great video, thanks. I saw in the end credits that it was a BBC/WGBH Boston co-production, so I assume it will air in the U.S. on PBS's show Nova at some point (with an American narrator no doubt; I've never understood why they do that).
"It's true you know. In space, no one can hear you scream like a little girl." - Mark Watney, protagonist of The Martian by Andy Weir

Offline ChrLz

• Earth
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2013, 06:15:50 AM »
More thanks to sts and ka!!  Please leave them there a bit longer as I have only downloaded vol 1 so far...

Offline Buel

• Mercury
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2014, 03:54:13 PM »
Almost finished Kraft's book and George Mueller does not come out of it well. He seemed quite impressive in the video.

Offline chancery

• Mercury
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2014, 10:36:19 PM »
This is my first post after lurking for a while (a disappointingly quiet period, I might say, for fans of active debunking threads).

Thanks to the efforts of sts60 and ka9q, the two volumes of the Apollo management oral history are safe on my hard drive, waiting for me to have the opportunity to watch them all the way through.

Somewhat by chance I discovered that a transcript of the videotaped sessions had been written up as a NASA History Office paper, Monograph 14, available at  history.nasa.gov/monograph14.pdf.  Some folks might prefer to read the transcript and skip the tapes.

As for me, I'm looking forward to hearing the voices and watching the faces of these giants whose work I mostly know of from the pages of Murray & Cox.  But I expect to have the transcript in my lap while watching the tapes, sometimes flipping back and forth to be sure my recollection of an earlier point is correct.

Cheers,

chancery

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2014, 10:59:48 PM »
Welcome, chancery.  Yes it is quiet around here.  The moon hoaxers have lost most of the energy to come out of the last walled few walled up areas they inhabit.
The sun shone, having no alternative, on the nothing new. —Samuel Beckett

Offline ka9q

• Neptune
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2014, 05:54:39 AM »
Yeah, so if you're really looking for some action, head on over to Youtube. Hunchbacked has been relatively quiet about the Apollo "hoax", and lately he's been taking on creationists. Seems very strange to be on the same side as this guy about something.

So in the meantime, here are some especially colorful residents of YT-land:

Chev4206: every spacecraft ever "flown" is a fake, even the ISS, because rockets can't work in vacuum. Seems continually confused about the genders with which various body parts are associated.

expattaffy1: Apollo LM not flying today proves it never existed. TYPES IN ALL CAPS. Sounds like he's always about to sneeze.

Misty O'Dell: greatest image analyst who ever lived, yet cannot recognize DCT compression artifacts in Chang'e 3 images; thinks they're proof mission was faked. Maybe that's why he now works at a Circle K.

MG42pillbox: evolution violates every law of physics; "real" science completely proves creationism

MckyMseNTar0tCrds, aka MckyMseNTarotCrds1: Apollo pictures should be full of stars, yet strangely resists invitation to produce his own pictures using Apollo exposure settings. Member of hunchbacked "Photoshop signature in republished Apollo images proves they were totally fake" fan club. Member of awe130 "let's relabel ISS night-side images as daylight images to prove NASA really can photograph stars" fan club.

nameofthepen: MckyMseNTar0tCrds cheerleader

Don't spend too much time on YT, you might lose your faith in humanity.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 05:58:09 AM by ka9q »

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2014, 06:29:00 AM »
MG42pillbox: evolution violates every law of physics; "real" science completely proves creationism

Anyone who likes getting stuck into Creatards and/or IDiots should mosey on over to the JREF forums and check out this thread, Abiogenic Origin of Life: A Theory in Crisis, started by GIBHOR. He only started it on January 6 and its up to over 1300 posts already!!

The guy is just about as nutty as they come. You'll go a long way before you'll see a more comprehensive collection of logical fallacies than this.
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline ka9q

• Neptune
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2014, 06:53:16 PM »

The guy is just about as nutty as they come. You'll go a long way before you'll see a more comprehensive collection of logical fallacies than this.
That would be saying a lot!

What gets me is how unconcerned these people seem to be that they're attacking a caricature of evolution with a caricature of the second law of thermodynamics -- and of every other "law" of physics they abuse.

It's amusing that creationists think enough of science -- or more accurately, are sufficiently envious of the reputation that modern science has earned -- to accuse scientists of somehow being the "unscientific" ones. They'll say with a perfectly straight face that modern science actually confirms everything in the bible. Carbon dating, "properly used", proves the earth is young, and so on and on.

These attacks wouldn't be so dangerous if more people understood what evolution actually says and how the scientific method actually works. But that's why it's called pseudoscience; the resemblance to real science is purely superficial.

I haven't been able to get this guy to answer the one question I always try to ask every creationist: You seem quite upset at what you perceive as human arrogance toward god, so exactly who are you to tell him how he can or can't run his own universe? If he wants to make evolution his method of creating, who are you to tell him he can't? This guy won't even acknowledge the question; maybe he's smarter than he looks.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 07:04:39 PM by ka9q »

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2014, 08:08:02 PM »
I haven't been able to get this guy to answer the one question I always try to ask every creationist: You seem quite upset at what you perceive as human arrogance toward god, so exactly who are you to tell him how he can or can't run his own universe? If he wants to make evolution his method of creating, who are you to tell him he can't? This guy won't even acknowledge the question; maybe he's smarter than he looks.

You must be Corsair 115?
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.