Author Topic: Apollo 13's CO2 scrubber components - ALSJ error?  (Read 2230 times)

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
Apollo 13's CO2 scrubber components - ALSJ error?
« on: November 16, 2018, 04:18:11 PM »
While looking into material for my upcoming page on Apollo 14's Hycon images I came across this information in the ALSJ's Apollo 13 image library regarding this image:

On the left, an astronauts holds in his right hand the feed water bag from the Portable Life Support System (PLSS). It is connected to a hose (in center) from the Lunar Topographic (Hycon) camera. In the background is the 'mail box', a jerry-rigged arrangement which the Apollo 13 astronauts built to use the Command Module lithium hydroxide canisters to purge carbon dioxide from the Lunar Module.

I've been through the transcript and a few other sources and they all indicate that the hoses concerned are from the suits - there's no mention of cannibalising the Hycon that I can see.

The Hycon camera itself has similar looking cables, but in this photograph they are all black:

https://imgur.com/DAvOdZ8

Anyone any idea where the ALSJ got their information?

Offline Bryanpoprobson

• Jupiter
  • Another Clown
Re: Apollo 13's CO2 scrubber components - ALSJ error?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2018, 03:59:53 AM »
Pass it on to Eric and point it out, he likes research like this.
"Wise men speak because they have something to say!" "Fools speak, because they have to say something!" (Plato)

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
Re: Apollo 13's CO2 scrubber components - ALSJ error?
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2018, 03:44:45 PM »
Pass it on to Eric and point it out, he likes research like this.

In the absence of other answers I may do, but I know he's busy so was hoping not to bother him!