Author Topic: Apollo Astronauts return from micro-gravity.  (Read 4743 times)

Offline Bryanpoprobson

• Jupiter
  • Another Clown
Apollo Astronauts return from micro-gravity.
« on: January 05, 2018, 02:20:16 PM »
A hoax believer is putting a slant on the hoax theories by saying that returning Cosmonauts and Chinese Astronauts are not allowed to stand and are sat in chairs after re-entry. Apollo astronauts however are seen walking onto the deck of the recovery ships shortly after landing. This moronic argument goes on to say that obviously the Apollo astronauts were never in micro-gravity, hence fake.

As I understand it, when returning to Earths gravity astronauts are discouraged to try standing until their body re-acclimatises to a gravity environment. Because Russia and China recover on land their Astronauts are sat down and examined before attempting to stand up, as a common symptom is nausea.

America astronauts were typically recovered from the sea and the extraction and flight to the ship gives them the time to acclimatise. Plus they were all ballsy test pilots who would simply refuse to show weakness. One question I can't find an answer to is; How long, typically would Cosmonauts/Astronauts expect to remain seated on these chairs. Typically after a two week mission which would be the same duration as the longest Apollo mission as obviously long duration missions are a different kettle of fish.

Shuttle astronauts, I believe, were examined on-board before being allowed to disembark and on occasions when a long mission ISS astronaut was aboard, that astronaut did not leave with the rest of the crew.
"Wise men speak because they have something to say!" "Fools speak, because they have to say something!" (Plato)

Offline Bryanpoprobson

• Jupiter
  • Another Clown
Re: Apollo Astronauts return from micro-gravity.
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 11:05:51 AM »
Doesn't  anybody have a take on this? :-[ :-[
"Wise men speak because they have something to say!" "Fools speak, because they have to say something!" (Plato)

Offline BertieSlack

• Earth
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 11:55:28 AM »
I'm wondering if Apollo-era astronauts did a lot more physical & fitness training than modern astronauts. 50 years ago nobody knew what the physical effects of spaceflight would be. Those guys were FIT.

Offline Bryanpoprobson

• Jupiter
  • Another Clown
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2018, 01:49:19 PM »
I'm wondering if Apollo-era astronauts did a lot more physical & fitness training than modern astronauts. 50 years ago nobody knew what the physical effects of spaceflight would be. Those guys were FIT.

That not withstanding, Cosmonauts were always extracted and sat down (with the traditional apple), I would say they were just as fit.. I'm sure someone will have a full lowdown on this..

Offline Geordie

• Earth
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2018, 05:15:38 PM »

That not withstanding, Cosmonauts were always extracted and sat down (with the traditional apple), I would say they were just as fit.. I'm sure someone will have a full lowdown on this..
No lowdown, but I like the story of Vladimir Titov and Gennadi Strekalov swearing during, and smoking cigarettes and doing vodka shots after their >14g LES ride.

http://www.americaspace.com/2013/09/28/we-were-swearing-thirty-years-since-russias-close-shave-with-disaster/
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 05:42:28 PM by Geordie »

Offline Geordie

• Earth
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2018, 05:41:33 PM »
Another favourite: Boris Volynov's "No panic" Soyuz 5 reentry and 2000km off-course landing, and his subsequent walk in -40 degree weather.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 05:43:51 PM by Geordie »

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2018, 07:17:17 PM »
Apollo missions were pretty short in duration. Apollo 11 was only 8 days long, and two of the astronauts spend a bit less than a day outside of freefall. This may also be a factor.

Offline inconceivable

• Venus
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2018, 08:43:30 PM »
Some HBs on the internet theorize that the astronauts were dropped from a DC-133 Cargomaster and parachuted back to Earth.  The missions were sent remotely to the moon after they left behind the Trailblazer Ik in Earth's orbit.  Nobody noticed this as it was too small for amature astronomers to detect.  On command, the Trailblazer IK reentered and gave the preliminary reentry telemetry prior to the drop of the command module from the DC-133 Cargomaster during the supposed plasma sheath blackout.   Some believe that is why the astronouts had unnoticable bone calcium depletion.  a94-f

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2018, 02:14:31 AM »
Some HBs on the internet theorize that the astronauts were dropped from a DC-133 Cargomaster and parachuted back to Earth.  The missions were sent remotely to the moon after they left behind the Trailblazer Ik in Earth's orbit.  Nobody noticed this as it was too small for amature astronomers to detect.  On command, the Trailblazer IK reentered and gave the preliminary reentry telemetry prior to the drop of the command module from the DC-133 Cargomaster during the supposed plasma sheath blackout.   Some believe that is why the astronouts had unnoticable bone calcium depletion.  a94-f
For starters, what in heck is the Trailblazer Ik? I googled it for funzies, and I came up with . . . an RV?

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2018, 03:03:53 AM »
Some HBs on the internet theorize that the astronauts were dropped from a DC-133 Cargomaster and parachuted back to Earth.

They can somehow never theorise where this aircraft took off from, or who loaded it with the command module.

The missions were sent remotely to the moon after they left behind the Trailblazer Ik in Earth's orbit.  Nobody noticed this as it was too small for amature astronomers to detect.  On command, the Trailblazer IK reentered and gave the preliminary reentry telemetry prior to the drop of the command module from the DC-133 Cargomaster during the supposed plasma sheath blackout.   

And the photographs and eye witness reports of the command module leaving a trail of burning plasma behind it?

Some believe that is why the astronouts had unnoticable bone calcium depletion.

Do these same believers provide any data to support their belief that there should have been greater calcium loss over short duration missions? Have they defined 'unnoticable'?. Have they actually read 'Biomedical results of Apollo'?

https://history.nasa.gov/SP-368/s3ch7.htm
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 03:07:49 AM by onebigmonkey »

Offline Geordie

• Earth
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2018, 04:20:27 PM »
...after they left behind the Trailblazer Ik in Earth's orbit.  Nobody noticed this as it was too small for amature astronomers to detect.  On command, the Trailblazer IK reentered and gave...
For starters, what in heck is the Trailblazer Ik? I googled it for funzies, and I came up with . . . an RV?
"...effect of sodium chloride seeding of the Trailblazer Ik payload are discussed."

Check
https://www.google.ca/search?safe=off&ei=SHdaWt30MsLojwOo8LzwCg&q="trailblazer+Ik"+space&oq="trailblazer+Ik"+space&gs

There are about six links to some NASA articles from around 50 years ago..
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 04:34:38 PM by Geordie »

Offline Geordie

• Earth
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2018, 04:32:43 PM »
Some HBs on the internet theorize fantasize that the astronauts were dropped from a DC-133 Cargomaster and parachuted back to Earth.
FTFY    ;)

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2018, 04:51:54 PM »
Well we learn something new every day.

We learn that the trailblazer program was used to understand the behaviour of objects during re-entry to try and see what would happen to the CM.

https://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/casi.ntrs.nasa.gov/19680025668.pdf

Which is very cool.

What we don't learn from this is how an 'up and down' probe launched from a modified ICBM would be placed in orbit by a different unmanned probe before it went on to the moon, stay in orbit without any means of controlling itself, and how the Trailblazer would be remotely activated at just the right point in time. We also don't learn is how an 8" diameter sphere would somehow present itself as a large CM in a radar profile. It may have been out of radio contact, but it wasn't invisible.

What we do learn is that the contortions of the hoax theory know no limits, and that their version of 'joining the dots together maaaan' involves drawings in different books.

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2018, 06:23:16 PM »
NASA tested the CM for splashdown. Why would they not do so? HB nutters simply conflate testing with the live missions because they are comprehensively crazy.

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2018, 09:14:41 PM »
...after they left behind the Trailblazer Ik in Earth's orbit.  Nobody noticed this as it was too small for amature astronomers to detect.  On command, the Trailblazer IK reentered and gave...
"...effect of sodium chloride seeding of the Trailblazer Ik payload are discussed."

Check
https://www.google.ca/search?safe=off&ei=SHdaWt30MsLojwOo8LzwCg&q="trailblazer+Ik"+space&oq="trailblazer+Ik"+space&gs

There are about six links to some NASA articles from around 50 years ago..
Neat! Now that is actually something interesting! ;D