Author Topic: event in the UK  (Read 14055 times)

Offline bknight

• Neptune
Re: event in the UK
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2018, 03:25:03 PM »
I knew that the snake oil salesman "Marcus" would revert again to the money making Moon hoax BS.  He is so predictable. 

Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline MartinC

• Mercury
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2018, 04:20:37 PM »
Whilst I wasn't expecting much else from Allen, that presentation really has got me irritated. Whilst I can understand that due to the complex nature of aerospace engineering and spaceflight operations the layperson can inadvertently misinterpret information, Allen appears to deliberately misrepresent detail and simply make stuff up. To me that's fraud.

On a positive note, I still have a couple of chapters of my latest purchase "Live TV from the Moon" to read. I will bury myself in that. It's an excellent book, a nice balance of technical detail and historic record.

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2018, 04:26:02 PM »
Whilst I wasn't expecting much else from Allen, that presentation really has got me irritated. Whilst I can understand that due to the complex nature of aerospace engineering and spaceflight operations the layperson can inadvertently misinterpret information, Allen appears to deliberately misrepresent detail and simply make stuff up. To me that's fraud.

His presentations are full of wide eyed "who me?" JAQ-ing off. He makes bald assertions in such a reasonable way that surely only a fool could disagree with him, or someone who knows more than he does or is prepared to find out. I didn't know what the thing attached to Gemini VI was - until I googled what it was likely to be, right down to looking in the mission transcripts to see if it is mentioned (it is).

Offline ajv

• Venus
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2018, 08:11:45 PM »
On a positive note, I still have a couple of chapters of my latest purchase "Live TV from the Moon" to read.
Where did you get it? I missed buying it when it initially came out and now it seems to be out of print. I have the Skylab book and I've backed the Skylab movie but it would be nice to get hold of the Moon book.

Offline benparry

• Mars
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2018, 05:08:23 AM »
Not too long ago while on Facebook I came across the page of the company who actually hosted the entire event. I sent them a messenger message asking if they were aware Marcus admitted to being wrong at the BIS. I received no reply.

Offline Al Johnston

• Earth
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2018, 07:54:17 AM »
"red-eye is caused by the flash being too close to the lens."

Purely by accident, I'm sure, but one actual fact, albeit not applicable in this case, appears to have slipped into his screed...
"Cheer up!" they said. "It could be worse!" they said.
So I did.
And it was.

Offline dwight

• Jupiter
    • Live Tv From the Moon
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2018, 08:01:54 AM »
Hi everyone, sorry to be somewhat off the radar. As you may have gathered from ajv, I’m working on the final adjustments to Searching for Skylab, which is the movie he graciously helped via our crowdfunding.

Regarding “Live TV from the Moon”, I am afraid it is out of print. I am hoping to get a reprint for the Apollo 11 50th anniversary. If you send a query email Apogee book’s way, it will help show there is support for a reprint.

Martin: thank you so much for the kind words regarding Live TV from the Moon. It means alot to see people appreciating the work I put into it.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 08:05:07 AM by dwight »
"Honeysuckle TV on line!"

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2018, 08:06:42 AM »
"red-eye is caused by the flash being too close to the lens."

Purely by accident, I'm sure, but one actual fact, albeit not applicable in this case, appears to have slipped into his screed...

That is indeed a potential cause, but not always. It's caused by the subject looking directly at the flash, which is more likely if they are close together. He is stating it as an absolute, which isn't true. They lighting in the image he examines is totally impossible to have been done using flash photography (in my opinion!).

Offline MartinC

• Mercury
« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2018, 08:57:51 AM »

Martin: thank you so much for the kind words regarding Live TV from the Moon. It means alot to see people appreciating the work I put into it.

My pleasure. I had no idea that you were a member of these forums, although perhaps the picture of the Field Sequential Color Converter in your profile is a clue (assuming I've correctly identified it  :D)

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2018, 12:58:09 PM »
Not too long ago while on Facebook I came across the page of the company who actually hosted the entire event. I sent them a messenger message asking if they were aware Marcus admitted to being wrong at the BIS. I received no reply.

While I support your efforts to expose Mr. Allen, the company most likely receives a per click bit of revenue and will have no plans to take it down.  FB won't police fake news as it has other problems to deal with currently.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline benparry

• Mars
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2018, 08:17:32 AM »
Ah ok. TBH I really have no interest in exposing him the people who went to see him wanted the hear what he said and so had no issue in paying money. People hear what they want to and those people will never believe the landings were real

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2018, 01:05:39 PM »
Another 'oops' moment from Allen. About an hour in he shows 2 Apollo 17 images (one of which isn't identified) and asks 'How come the LM is in this one but not this one?'.

Unfortunately for him, it is, I found the image:

It's even referenced in the ALSJ:

AS17-146-22387 (OF300) ( 81k or 745k )
167:07:20 Station 8 pan. LRV. The large crater at the right hand side of the image is SWP. Cochise Crater extends leftward from the central fiducial with Shakespeare Crater behind the right hand half of Cochise. Journal Contributor Bob Fry notes that, as shown in a detail, the LM can be seen just above the reseau cross to the left of the central cross. Van Serg Crater is also visible.

Offline BDL

• Venus
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2018, 04:38:13 PM »
Another 'oops' moment from Allen. About an hour in he shows 2 Apollo 17 images (one of which isn't identified) and asks 'How come the LM is in this one but not this one?'.

167:07:20 Station 8 pan. LRV. The large crater at the right hand side of the image is SWP. Cochise Crater extends leftward from the central fiducial with Shakespeare Crater behind the right hand half of Cochise. Journal Contributor Bob Fry notes that, as shown in a detail, the LM can be seen just above the reseau cross to the left of the central cross. Van Serg Crater is also visible.

Just wondering, how far is he from the Lunar Module? And is the lower half of the LM hidden by the uneven terrain?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 04:41:10 PM by BDL »
“One small step for [a] man, one giant leap for mankind.” - Neil Armstrong, 1969

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2018, 06:58:05 PM »
Also, even if it wasn't visible, so bloody what?  I can take a picture within feet of my apartment building that doesn't show it . . . by pointing it in in the right direction.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2018, 10:37:37 PM »

Just wondering, how far is he from the Lunar Module? And is the lower half of the LM hidden by the uneven terrain?

Yes IIRC there was perhaps 30 M of elevation in some of the images, this would completely hid the LM, only 7 M high.  But Allen won't tell you that, just that it is faked because he can't see the LM.
Eugene Cernan