Author Topic: A Thank You to the Board  (Read 2827 times)

Offline revmic

• Venus
A Thank You to the Board
« on: June 08, 2016, 11:19:20 PM »
Ran across this site while looking into 'Apollo was faked' claims made by an author/screenwriter/profound thinker that I see entertained you a few years ago (for those who recall him, the answer is yes, he has since gone full tilt cuckoo). I have learned a great deal reading the threads, often about things I otherwise wouldn't have thought to research on my own, such as the PLSS's sublimator from the Neil Baker thread. The quality of your posts is greatly appreciated.

In case you haven't heard it recently, thank you one and all for the time and effort you put into the forum. A particular shout-out to LunarOrbit for footing the bill and hosting.
Where knowledge is a duty, ignorance is a crime - Tom Paine

Offline Peter B

• Saturn
Re: A Thank You to the Board
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2016, 07:24:35 AM »
Cheers revmic.

And welcome to Apollohoax.

Offline Allan F

• Saturn
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2016, 07:58:14 AM »
(for those who recall him, the answer is yes, he has since gone full tilt cuckoo).

Which one?

And welcome on board (pun intended).
Well, it is like this: The truth doesn't need insults. Insults are the refuge of a darkened mind, a mind that refuses to open and see. Foul language can't outcompete knowledge. And knowledge is the result of education. Education is the result of the wish to know more, not less.

Offline revmic

• Venus
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2016, 08:15:19 AM »
User allancw, was a good writer in his genre but has been going progressively more off the rails. Now says we have been lied to by the omnipotent powers that be about:

-all major historical events
-evolution
-the Big Bang and cosmology
-gravity
-relativity theory
-math. He once seriously wrote that calculus has no real world application

Fun surfer/drug smuggler stories though

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2016, 08:13:28 PM »
User allancw, was a good writer in his genre but has been going progressively more off the rails. Now says we have been lied to by the omnipotent powers that be about:

-all major historical events
-evolution
-the Big Bang and cosmology
-gravity
-relativity theory
-math. He once seriously wrote that calculus has no real world application

Fun surfer/drug smuggler stories though

When he was here, allencw exhibited all the symptoms of someone prone to crank magnetism. Even if he is not as famous (infamous?) as people like Alex Jones and David Icke, he was right up there with them on the kook meter scale!
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline revmic

• Venus
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2016, 09:06:42 PM »
When he was here, allencw exhibited all the symptoms of someone prone to crank magnetism. Even if he is not as famous (infamous?) as people like Alex Jones and David Icke, he was right up there with them on the kook meter scale!

I dunno, I think Alex Jones may be playing it up for the paycheck

Offline Glom

• Saturn
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2016, 06:34:59 AM »
Alex Jones? Of Apollo Lunar Surface Journal?

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2016, 07:09:20 AM »
Alex Jones? Of Apollo Lunar Surface Journal?

Nope. Alex Jones- card-carrying, gun-totin', conspiracy-believing crank-magnet from InfoWars

"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov