Author Topic: The Lies and Slander of Expattaffy and chums.  (Read 6226 times)

Offline Bryanpoprobson

• Jupiter
  • Another Clown
The Lies and Slander of Expattaffy and chums.
« on: January 04, 2019, 05:53:33 AM »
Many of us are familiar with the idiot who goes by the name of expattaffy1 and his idiotic claims of whistleblower clues in Apollo images. Him and his cohort "shill stompers" are now openly saying that the person who is NASA's whistleblower is none other than Kipp Teague. Indeed Shill Stompers latest video is called "Moon Hoax;" Kip Teague Was Right, Apollo Was Faked!" "

I did discuss this with Dwight, regarding whether Kipp should be informed of this blatant slander, even though the videos and claims are ludicrous, I was advised against it. Dwight suggested that instead that the Slander be noted and mentioned in comments. However these two idiots have now stopped any of their detractors from commenting on their respective videos.

Kipp is contactable, should he be informed of this and act accordingly or should it just be ignored?

Some History

Shill Stompers is openly named on the internet as Bob Williams from Toronto, as is Expat (William Swithin), Bob has form and was sued successfully  by someone for implying that he was going to hang him. He was fined $15,000$ Canadian but has since reneged on the payments and will be going back to court.
"Wise men speak because they have something to say!" "Fools speak, because they have to say something!" (Plato)

Offline Peter B

• Saturn
Re: The Lies and Slander of Expattaffy and chums.
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2019, 06:44:52 AM »
How many people are viewing the video?

I'd suggest that if it's very few, then there's probably little need. But if there are a lot, then maybe it would be a good idea.

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2019, 07:50:14 AM »
10 seconds of that video was enough to convince me that we are dealing with crazy here.

There's 7 billion people on the planet- your life will be immeasurably improved if you avoid contact with the ass-wipes and idiots that are amongst us (and expattaffy is most definitely one of those). Don't go searching for the crazies and definitely don't get too excited about their inane ramblings and dribbling. Just let them get on with it...anyone with hal a working brain will identify them for what they are and will generally avoid eye contact and slowly back away.
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline Bryanpoprobson

• Jupiter
  • Another Clown
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2019, 08:04:32 AM »
10 seconds of that video was enough to convince me that we are dealing with crazy here.

There's 7 billion people on the planet- your life will be immeasurably improved if you avoid contact with the ass-wipes and idiots that are amongst us (and expattaffy is most definitely one of those). Don't go searching for the crazies and definitely don't get too excited about their inane ramblings and dribbling. Just let them get on with it...anyone with hal a working brain will identify them for what they are and will generally avoid eye contact and slowly back away.

I quite agree, but some of taffy's videos, due no doubt to the way WooTube does their suggested video's, get many thousands of views. Although on average the views are in the hundreds if you look, there are some that just take off. Even though these two are a couple of ranting idiots, they have a core of about 70 or 80 subscribers. I sometimes think these things should not go unchecked, especially now that they have removed the right to point out their mania.
"Wise men speak because they have something to say!" "Fools speak, because they have to say something!" (Plato)

Offline jfb

• Mars
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2019, 10:37:02 AM »
I imagine Teague gets enough "hey, some idiot on yootoob is lying about you" messages on a regular basis.  It's probably not worth pursuing a defamation case unless these guys are doing some real, material, measurable harm. 

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2019, 12:26:02 PM »
Indeed, a claim for defamation becomes actionable only when the allegations attain a threshold of credibility.  What some nut says on YouTube probably does not rise high enough.  The standard here is whether a "reasonable person" would believe and take the statements seriously.  While there may be people who believe every YouTube video they see, those same people would not be what the standard is based on.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2019, 01:32:51 PM »
Taffy routinely tells lies and makes false statements about his detractors. He does this because he's a moron. I've told him this many times but he's so stupid he doesn't understand it.

He's old and ill. He'll be no great loss to humanity when he goes.

Offline Bryanpoprobson

• Jupiter
  • Another Clown
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2019, 02:44:47 PM »
Indeed, a claim for defamation becomes actionable only when the allegations attain a threshold of credibility.  What some nut says on YouTube probably does not rise high enough.  The standard here is whether a "reasonable person" would believe and take the statements seriously.  While there may be people who believe every YouTube video they see, those same people would not be what the standard is based on.

Sage advice there, but I am still of the opinion that in Kipp's shoes I would like someone to point these scurrilous attempts to defame me. Plus I do feel there is some justification in defending even against crazies like taffy, as even one soul turned from the dark side is a win.

He's old and ill. He'll be no great loss to humanity when he goes.

Agreed

Offline jfb

• Mars
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2019, 04:21:08 PM »
Plus I do feel there is some justification in defending even against crazies like taffy, as even one soul turned from the dark side is a win.

You know what they say about wrestling pigs.

There is absolutely no upside for engaging with these people and way, way, way too much downside.  Responding in any way just gives them oxygen and broadens their exposure.  Yeah, there's nasty stuff under the rocks at Yootoob - the right answer is to leave the rocks undisturbed. 

Anyone who even halfway seriously watches these people isn't going to be turned to the path of righteousness anyway. 

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2019, 04:25:05 PM »
...I am still of the opinion that in Kipp's shoes I would like someone to point these scurrilous attempts to defame me.

I agree.  The question of whether to tell Kipp is entirely different from the question of what he can or should do to respond.  I don't know him well enough to know how seriously he takes that kind of attack.  For myself, I think that if I knew everything terrible that had been said about me, I'd have a nervous breakdown.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline Bryanpoprobson

• Jupiter
  • Another Clown
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2019, 06:42:22 PM »

I agree.  The question of whether to tell Kipp is entirely different from the question of what he can or should do to respond.  I don't know him well enough to know how seriously he takes that kind of attack.  For myself, I think that if I knew everything terrible that had been said about me, I'd have a nervous breakdown.

Oh I understand that one, one of the idiot followers has put a gypsy curse on me, if i was the sort to worry about that sort of thing I could have made myself quite ill. The really funny thing was, on the day that he cursed me I won just over £2.5K on the UK lottery. If that's the effect of a curse, bring it on.  :D :D

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2019, 02:26:22 AM »
The alternative to getting in touch with Kipp is, of course, to report every piece of libel to youtube, including every racist homophobic jibe they come out with and (in the case of Tony Price) the threats of violence and accusations of computer hacking.

They are laughably stupid and ignorant people, but they infect other stupid people. The internet needs a vaccine against them.

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2019, 12:07:46 PM »
Most of them are probably anti-vaxxers, too.
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline MBDK

• Earth
  • BANNED
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2019, 06:01:08 PM »
The internet needs a vaccine against them.
Most of them are probably anti-vaxxers, too.
But,...but...that...would be LOGICAL!  My brain hurts from the paradox.
"It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to." - W. C. Fields

"Laugh-a while you can, monkey-boy." - Lord John Whorfin