Author Topic: A Stereoscopic method of verifying Apollo lunar surface images  (Read 7257 times)

Offline slan

• Mercury
A Stereoscopic method of verifying Apollo lunar surface images
« on: February 19, 2014, 03:54:40 PM »
Hi, everyone. My first thread and first post. Apologies if this has already been debunked. A link would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all. You're doing an outstanding job here!
by OLEG OLEYNIK, Ph.D.c
Previously of the Department of Physics and Technology
Kharkov State University, Ukraine

Photographs taken on the lunar surface during the Apollo missions are regarded as the most compelling pieces of evidence that mankind went to the Moon.

The photographic validation method presented here is based on the detection of two-dimensional objects among three-dimensional objects, and determining the mutual arrangement of these objects in space and the distance to them by applying a technique known as stereoscopic parallax.
http://www.aulis.com/stereoparallax.htm

Offline Daggerstab

• Earth
    • Badly Honed Bytes (my blog)
Re: A Stereoscopic method of verifying Apollo lunar surface images
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 04:16:22 PM »
Discussed here:
http://www.apollohoax.net/forum/index.php?topic=79.0

I'm not a moderator and I can't tell you what's the "official" policy in cases like this one, but I think that it would be nice if the discussion is kept in the same thread.

Offline slan

• Mercury
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2014, 04:29:03 PM »
Thanks for the link, Daggerstab. I'll make certain to do a search before posting anything "new".

Mods, please feel free to delete this thread.

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2014, 07:32:52 AM »
Welcome to the forum, slan.  As a general answer, hoax claims about Apollo have all been debunked.  Everything that get written these days is a rehash of long dead claims.  Nevertheless, there are always people coming across these lingering hoax claims for the first time, so the claims are new to them.  We are happy to discuss them or point them in the right direction.  Feel free to ask questions.
The sun shone, having no alternative, on the nothing new. —Samuel Beckett