Author Topic: Some Good News For Once  (Read 6863 times)

Offline Glom

• Saturn
Re: Some Good News For Once
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2017, 04:31:45 AM »
Congratulations.

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
  • Chaos in his tin foil hat
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2017, 05:56:57 AM »
Congratulations Gillianren.

Hope you and baby are well.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

A polar orbit would also bypass the SAA - Tim Finch

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2017, 12:03:08 PM »
The week early was because she was a scheduled C-section, and they prefer to do those before the organ in question is actually contracting, mysteriously enough!

Unfortunately, while that part was fine and while the first day or so was fine, she stopped breathing yesterday morning.  She's doing okay now, but she's in a NICU in Tacoma for a couple of weeks while they figure out what's going on and how to fix it.  I'm going to be heading back up there today (and naturally, we had heavy snowfall last night), and I'll be there for most of the time to come.  Graham will be home with Simon, trying to keep everything on this end running and visiting her as he can.
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2017, 12:09:32 PM »
The week early was because she was a scheduled C-section, and they prefer to do those before the organ in question is actually contracting, mysteriously enough!

Unfortunately, while that part was fine and while the first day or so was fine, she stopped breathing yesterday morning.  She's doing okay now, but she's in a NICU in Tacoma for a couple of weeks while they figure out what's going on and how to fix it.  I'm going to be heading back up there today (and naturally, we had heavy snowfall last night), and I'll be there for most of the time to come.  Graham will be home with Simon, trying to keep everything on this end running and visiting her as he can.

Here's wishing that everything turns out for the better.  We had a friend that underwent emergency C-section, and everything turned out OK, but it was tense.  The other child was a scheduled birth.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline twik

• Jupiter
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2017, 09:24:27 AM »
You have all our warmest thoughts for you, gillianren.

Offline Al Johnston

• Earth
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2017, 10:06:48 AM »
Congratulations! All the best :D
"Cheer up!" they said. "It could be worse!" they said.
So I did.
And it was.

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2017, 11:48:20 PM »
She's breathing on her own, but she has a temperature regulation problem.  She was slated to come home Sunday, but I don't know if that's still true.  I don't have a computer up there, but when I am home (as I am tonight; I have two doctors' appointments tomorrow!), I will update.
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline twik

• Jupiter
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2017, 02:15:19 PM »
gillianren, you know we are all thinking about you. Hope Irene can come home soon!

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2017, 12:28:50 AM »
She is home.  A whole day early, in fact.  They called us Friday to emphasize that we needed to make sure she had an appointment with her pediatrician scheduled for Monday or Tuesday, which we'd taken as rather a good sign.  And, yes, home to stay.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2017, 01:28:00 AM »
Good news indeed.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Al Johnston

• Earth
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2017, 09:19:30 AM »
Phew! :D
"Cheer up!" they said. "It could be worse!" they said.
So I did.
And it was.

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2017, 10:08:06 AM »
I missed this - many congratulations :)

Offline twik

• Jupiter
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2017, 10:58:47 AM »
Such good news you're home. Take it easy when you can!

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2017, 11:27:25 AM »
Simon got to really spend time with her for the first time last night.  It will take some getting used to for him; he kept trying to give her a crayon.  But he's in school now, and she's asleep on her dad.

Offline twik

• Jupiter
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2017, 11:28:18 AM »
Hope all is well.