Author Topic: Is there mathematical, or some other proof that the footage isn't slowed?  (Read 8924 times)

Offline nickrulercreator

• Venus
Note: I know Apollo happened, I'm just curious if this is verifiable.

Hoaxers will commonly claim that the footage is slowed by 50%, 67%, etc, to simulate 1/6-Earth gravity. Of course, this isn't actually what happened, because if you double the speed, or increase it by 246% as some calculations can get you, then the movements of the astronauts' arms, legs, their bounces and hops, etc are all sporadic, jumpy, and unnatural.

Of course, just "it looks unnatural" or "it looks..." isn't enough proof, as it's largely just an opinion. What I'm wondering is if there's some mathematical way we can prove it isn't slowed down, or not even mathematical, just scientific.

If not, how credible is the "it looks unnatural" or "it doesn't look right when sped up" argument? I know hoaxers who seem to be so blind that they find those movements to be natural, so I don't know. Thanks in advance.
This end should point toward the ground if you want to go to space. If it starts pointing toward space you are having a bad problem and you will not go to space today.

Offline Apollo 957

• Earth
Match the footage to the audio? That's all time-stamped

Offline nickrulercreator

• Venus
Match the footage to the audio? That's all time-stamped

I've attempted this. I got hit with the "well it was dubbed over with the audio after the footage was filmed" excuse.
This end should point toward the ground if you want to go to space. If it starts pointing toward space you are having a bad problem and you will not go to space today.

Offline raven

• Uranus
This is a good one. If you speed it up so the pendulum's swing matches what it would be in Earth's gravity, the astronauts move like Speed Gonzales on cartoonish amounts of caffeine. Moreover, the length of time it swings is consistent with it being a vacuum. So there's no way all they did was slow down normal footage.

Offline Trebor

• Earth
I got hit with the "well it was dubbed over with the audio after the footage was filmed" excuse.

I'm not sure how that would be possible since it was transmitted live and anyone could (and some did) listen in.

Offline nickrulercreator

• Venus
I got hit with the "well it was dubbed over with the audio after the footage was filmed" excuse.

I'm not sure how that would be possible since it was transmitted live and anyone could (and some did) listen in.

Essentially, they claim that it was all done pre-streaming, and what was aired wasn't live. Preposterous, I know.

Offline nickrulercreator

• Venus
This is a good one. If you speed it up so the pendulum's swing matches what it would be in Earth's gravity, the astronauts move like Speed Gonzales on cartoonish amounts of caffeine. Moreover, the length of time it swings is consistent with it being a vacuum. So there's no way all they did was slow down normal footage.

This is great. Thank you.

Offline BertieSlack

• Earth

Essentially, they claim that it was all done pre-streaming, and what was aired wasn't live. Preposterous, I know.
[/quote]

There's a great segment from Apollo 17 where Gene Cernan asks CAPCOM what the score is in the Monday night football game. You can x-ref the time of the transmission with the time of the game, and see that the score CAPCOM gave Gene is exactly right. Not possible if was pre-recorded, unless the hoaxtards claim that NASA had the power to fix live football games.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
I hadn't observed the question about a Monday night football game, but this is an excellent point Bertie.
Thanks
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline raven

• Uranus
I hadn't observed the question about a Monday night football game, but this is an excellent point Bertie.
Thanks
Another good one is the All Star Game being mentioned as being rained out in this Apollo 11 transcript (see 06 12 09 25 CC). Yeesh, it seems NASA  can do just about anything except land people on the moon! ::)

Offline nickrulercreator

• Venus
Re: Is there mathematical, or some other proof that the footage isn't slowed?
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2018, 04:54:12 PM »
Thanks
Another good one is the All Star Game being mentioned as being rained out in this Apollo 11 transcript (see 06 12 09 25 CC). Yeesh, it seems NASA  can do just about anything except land people on the moon! ::)

Actually, I think this took place after they had already lifted off of the moon. Thanks anyways though, still very good information

Offline BertieSlack

• Earth
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2018, 02:42:47 AM »
Thanks

Here's the clip: https://www.hq.nasa.gov/alsj/a17/a17v.1203905.mpg

I found the football reference by accident. The reason I was interested in this piece of TV coverage is that it includes a 360 pan by the TV camera. Hoaxnuts are fond of claiming that there are no pans from the moon. Where's the film crew, lighting rig. door, etc?

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2018, 06:24:42 AM »
Thanks

I found the football reference by accident. The reason I was interested in this piece of TV coverage is that it includes a 360 pan by the TV camera. Hoaxnuts are fond of claiming that there are no pans from the moon. Where's the film crew, lighting rig. door, etc?
Not to mention that a 360 pan (or much of a pan at all) would also reveal front projection, which is commonly claimed to be what was used for the backgrounds. (As would astronauts in mirrored visors and white suits for that matter.)

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2018, 09:21:45 AM »
Thanks

Precisely, but that won't stop them unfortunately.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Von_Smith

• Venus
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2018, 12:42:17 PM »
Thanks

IIR, during Apollo 16, around the time Young and Duke were saluting the flag, CAPCOM read them the news about the Congressional vote approving the newest NASA budget including the Space Shuttle.  (I think Duke responded with something like:  "It's a great day to be an American".)