Author Topic: Trump will win?  (Read 61676 times)

Offline LionKing

• Mars
Trump will win?
« on: May 10, 2016, 02:53:09 PM »
Hi
Do you think according to the news you read that Trump will win?
“When you go through a hard period,
When everything seems to oppose you,
... When you feel you cannot even bear one more minute,
NEVER GIVE UP!
Because it is the time and place that the course will divert!”
 Rumi

Offline bknight

• Neptune
Re: Trump will win?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2016, 05:01:17 PM »
The news that I read indicates Clinton will win by 4-5% according to the most recent polls.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2016, 05:32:26 PM »
I don't think Trump has a chance.  The Republican Party is schisming over it, and a lot of Republicans will probably be voting third party this November.
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline Ranb

• Mars
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2016, 08:05:12 PM »
Sure hope Trump doesn't win.  It would be one more black eye for the country.

Ranb

Offline Luther

• Venus
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2016, 10:21:06 PM »
I don't know who will win, but I suspect whoever it is, the US will continue to kill more innocent civilians than أسامة بن محمد بن عوض بن لادن‎ could have imagined in his wildest dreams.  But we will see.  Most of us, anyway.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2016, 10:49:13 PM »
I don't know who will win, but I suspect whoever it is, the US will continue to kill more innocent civilians than أسامة بن محمد بن عوض بن لادن‎ could have imagined in his wildest dreams.  But we will see.  Most of us, anyway.
Care to translate that since many here can't read it?
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline LionKing

• Mars
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2016, 01:47:11 AM »

It is the complete name of osama bin laden
NEVER GIVE UP!
 Rumi

Offline LionKing

• Mars
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2016, 01:49:42 AM »
Hey Luther..I think some people are still better than Trump..the news we read about him are not good..he acts like an impolite street boy..this mentality combined wih power will be so catastrophic
NEVER GIVE UP!
 Rumi

Offline LionKing

• Mars
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2016, 01:52:49 AM »
The news that I read indicates Clinton will win by 4-5% according to the most recent polls.

Good. I am not following up closely but someone told me the numbers were in his favor couple of weeks ago.. he will revive Bushism if he comes which is not good particularly for our side of the world
NEVER GIVE UP!
 Rumi

Offline gwiz

• Mars
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2016, 06:48:38 AM »
Don't understand Trump's anti-immigrant attitude.  America needs immigrants to do the unpleasant jobs that the locals wont touch, like marrying Donald Trump.
Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind - Terry Pratchett
...the ascent module ... took off like a rocket - Moon Man

Offline BazBear

• Mars
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2016, 09:38:29 AM »
Google Translate gives Osama bin Mohammed bin Awad bin Laden. He can't be behind the killing of anymore innocent civilians anyway, as his fate was SEALed five years ago (sorry, couldn't resist the pun).
"It's true you know. In space, no one can hear you scream like a little girl." - Mark Watney, protagonist of The Martian by Andy Weir

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2016, 12:07:40 PM »

Good. I am not following up closely but someone told me the numbers were in his favor couple of weeks ago.. he will revive Bushism if he comes which is not good particularly for our side of the world

That person was wrong.  It is my understanding that any poll that shows Trump as having a chance in the general election is an outlier.  He still doesn't even have the support of a majority of the Republican party, much less enough moderate support to actually win.
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline ka9q

• Neptune
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2016, 06:42:52 PM »
Given the horrible consequences of Trump as president, even a tiny probability of it actually happening is cause for very great concern.

Offline Obviousman

• Jupiter
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2016, 09:24:33 PM »
As soon as it is confirmed that it is a Trump / Clinton race, someone will assassinate Trump; either by a cabal or by an individual, from the US or from a foreign government. Perhaps not in the US but elsewhere he is considered to be a dangerous buffoon, one which cannot be allowed the chance to screw things up.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 09:28:38 PM by Obviousman »

Offline Glom

• Saturn
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2016, 08:45:34 AM »
This sounds like the perfect place to discuss the alternative vote vs first past the post vs additional member system vs single transferable vote.