Author Topic: Post Flight Press Conference  (Read 4403 times)

Offline OhPulease

• Venus
Post Flight Press Conference
« on: October 20, 2019, 06:04:30 PM »
I think the full press conference has been more than covered. I also think that I as well as others have mentioned the actual conference text with images. I have not until now seen this though. seems fascinating with included videos. What do you guys think?

Offline OhPulease

• Venus
Re: Post Flight Press Conference
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2019, 02:44:44 PM »
I am interested as to why no one  can be bothered to reply to me.

This is the first time I have seen video included in post flight videos. I have the post flight interviews and have the transcripts with photos. This is not a JAQ. All I want to know is are the videos genuine? For crying out loud guys yes we went, but this is the first time I have seen video included in the post flight conference.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2019, 03:02:28 PM »
I have seen the positive and negative aspects of the conference, depending on who produced the shortened version.  Thanks
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline OhPulease

• Venus
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2019, 03:23:56 PM »
I think my message is getting confused here. I am trying to say were there videos shown at the post flight conference or not? This is not difficult! I believe the Apollo record to be a full and true account. I am asking only one thing for my own record.

Offline OhPulease

• Venus
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2019, 03:44:20 PM »
I have seen the positive and negative aspects of the conference, depending on who produced the shortened version.  Thanks

This not the shortened version it is the full version. I have the full version in different aspects but have never seen this one with video in the background screen.

Offline Dandy

• Mercury
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2019, 04:34:06 PM »
I asked lunarmodule5 your question. While I'm waiting, here is what he states about the series of videos that were uploaded. This video being only one of many in the series.

Augsut 12th 1969 - The Apollo 11 crew conduct their first public press conference since returning to earth on July 24th. This video shows the press conference but the lighting is not adequate to see what the crew is talking about when they are presenting photos/film on the screen to the left of them. I have attempted to reconstruct that video with what might have been shown. This video concludes the Apollo 11 Full Mission Series.

Offline Jason Thompson

• Uranus
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2019, 07:52:30 AM »
I am interested as to why no one  can be bothered to reply to me.

It's not a question of not being bothered, it's a matter of a) having other things to do besides post here, and b) you posting a pretty vague question.

This is the first time I have seen video included in post flight videos. I have the post flight interviews and have the transcripts with photos. This is not a JAQ. All I want to know is are the videos genuine?

Then might I suggest that would have been the question to ask in your original post, rather than 'what do you think?'
"There's this idea that everyone's opinion is equally valid. My arse! Bloke who was a professor of dentistry for forty years does NOT have a debate with some eejit who removes his teeth with string and a door!"  - Dara O'Briain

Offline Jason Thompson

• Uranus
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2019, 07:56:38 AM »
I think my message is getting confused here. I am trying to say were there videos shown at the post flight conference or not? This is not difficult!

It is difficult when you don't make that clear at the outset. Literally all you asked was 'what do you think?'
"There's this idea that everyone's opinion is equally valid. My arse! Bloke who was a professor of dentistry for forty years does NOT have a debate with some eejit who removes his teeth with string and a door!"  - Dara O'Briain

Offline OhPulease

• Venus
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2019, 12:57:50 PM »

Dandy - Many thanks, I think that pretty much covers what I was asking and makes total sense. I would be interested to hear what his response is if he gets back to you.

Jason - I am sorry that I came across as vague. I understand that people have other things to do, obviously we all have. Having said that I didn't repost until the original post had 48 views without response.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2019, 01:42:24 PM »

This not the shortened version it is the full version. I have the full version in different aspects but have never seen this one with video in the background screen.

My comment stands are written, I never thought yours was a shortened version.  I indicated I had watched shortened versions. 
The full version was probably produced after the fact.  Press conferences are rather boring and I don't remember it being broadcast.  But I do suffer from CRS.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline OhPulease

• Venus
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2019, 02:56:50 PM »
Sorry bknight, maybe I was being a bit sensitive. I actually found the post flight conference captivating but maybe that is me. In passing I don't know what CRS is and Google doen't want to tell me!

Offline Dandy

• Mercury
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2019, 04:04:43 PM »
His response was "It's a reconstruction- see the description".

Offline OhPulease

• Venus
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2019, 03:33:13 PM »
I thank you for your reply Dandy. But my question was did they show videos at the conference?

If they didn't fair enough, but I would be interested to know.

I think however, that some on this site are so caught up in the thought that anyone who asks a question of any form is immediately thought of as a denier is detrimental.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2019, 03:35:19 PM by OhPulease »