Author Topic: A Little Help, Please?  (Read 26020 times)

Offline Noldi400

• Jupiter
A Little Help, Please?
« on: April 07, 2013, 11:03:39 AM »
Can anyone identify the device indicated by the arrow?  It looks sort of like a camera, but not one I'm familiar with.

This is pursuant by some foolishness by hunchbacked, who can't tell a Saturn V from a Saturn IB and continues his talent for not recognizing a shadow when he sees one.

Also, does anyone recognize the location here? It's a frame from a b/w video that I didn't recognize, although part of it appears to be shot in what Pete Conrad designated the 'fantail' - the area between the seats and the rear bulkhead.
"The sane understand that human beings are incapable of sustaining conspiracies on a grand scale, because some of our most defining qualities as a species are... a tendency to panic, and an inability to keep our mouths shut." - Dean Koontz

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
Re: A Little Help, Please?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 01:13:41 PM »
Dear God what a lunatic!

I searched for the video in question and found this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1y70pL9VxU - I'm assuming it's the one you refer to.

There is so much wrong with that video it's difficult to know where to start! How can he not see that the 'impossible' LM and CSM footage is not from Apollo 16 at all?

Anyway, I believe the camera in question is actually the Automatic spot meter at the bottom of this page:

http://history.nasa.gov/ap16fj/02photoequip.htm

And here

So it isn't actually a camera.

Offline nomuse

• Jupiter
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2013, 04:16:48 PM »
Anyone want to summarize for those of us who don't have the patience for YouToob?

Offline Noldi400

• Jupiter
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2013, 04:42:56 PM »
Anyone want to summarize for those of us who don't have the patience for YouToob?
I will, but let me get back to you in a few. It's sort of a 10-minute video Gish Gallop and is remarkable only in that pretty much each and every sentence is incorrect in some way.
"The sane understand that human beings are incapable of sustaining conspiracies on a grand scale, because some of our most defining qualities as a species are... a tendency to panic, and an inability to keep our mouths shut." - Dean Koontz

Offline AtomicDog

• Mars
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2013, 04:51:26 PM »
What is Hunchbacked saying?  That there was another type of camera aboard the CM besides the Hasselblad and the video camera,  and that is proof of a hoax?
"There is no belief, however foolish, that will not gather its faithful adherents who will defend it to the death." - Isaac Asimov

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2013, 05:04:46 PM »
What is Hunchbacked saying?  That there was another type of camera aboard the CM besides the Hasselblad and the video camera,  and that is proof of a hoax?

Apart from mistaking Apollo 9 for Apollo 16, and a whole load of nonsense about the contact probes, he mistakes the spot meter for a camera. Because the camera is not connected to anything like a recording device, they are only pretending to film something, therefore it is all faked.

It's gibberish.

Offline AtomicDog

• Mars
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2013, 05:42:54 PM »
No Apollo video camera was connected to a recording device;  all video was directly transmitted to earth.
"There is no belief, however foolish, that will not gather its faithful adherents who will defend it to the death." - Isaac Asimov

Offline dwight

• Jupiter
    • Live Tv From the Moon
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2013, 06:15:34 PM »
That settles it. Between Jarrah reinventing TV history and hunchbacked not knowing  a spot meter from a TV camera, I have decided to cancel my studies at clown college. I dont stand a chance against these truly talented pros.
"Honeysuckle TV on line!"

Offline Noldi400

• Jupiter
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2013, 07:18:59 PM »

Along with what's already been said, there's:

A speeded up video of an astronaut getting into a spacesuit; he thinks there's something "abnormal" about the way the suit moves.

A clip where a loose headset (or something) moves in a way that he thinks indicates gravity.

A video out a CM window showing a side view of the lower half of a LM, in LEO. He claims such a view would be impossible during the 'claimed' T&D maneuver.  Of course, it's a video from Apollo 9.

A video out a LM window of the receding CSM in LEO. He claims its impossible because the CSM should be moving toward, not away from, the LM.

A shot of the inside of an open CM side hatch, wondering what all "this stuff" is for, since it "certainly does not help to open the door".

Other clips he calls "illogical" or "impossible" because he doesn't know what he's looking at.

And a long "If-I-Ran-The-Zoo" section at the end criticizing the way the LM moved during the moments before touchdown.

Offline dwight

• Jupiter
    • Live Tv From the Moon
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2013, 07:22:09 PM »
Noldi, ask him, as I cant access the video due to use of copyright music, what caused a genius engineer to become a gibberish babbling moron. I seriously am losing patience dealing with nut farm rejects.
"Honeysuckle TV on line!"

Offline AtomicDog

• Mars
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2013, 07:34:15 PM »
Also,  if they WERE going to fake video, why wouldn't they fake a complete video setup?

Offline Noldi400

• Jupiter
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2013, 07:50:14 PM »
Noldi, ask him, as I cant access the video due to use of copyright music, what caused a genius engineer to become a gibberish babbling moron. I seriously am losing patience dealing with nut farm rejects.
I'll ask, but I'm predicting he'll go to his fallback position of "Galileo was reviled in his time, too."

Offline Count Zero

• Mars
  • Pad 39A July 14,1969
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2013, 09:08:22 PM »
Ummm...  What's a spot meter?
"What makes one step a giant leap is all the steps before."

Offline AtomicDog

• Mars
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2013, 09:21:26 PM »
http://www.all-things-photography.com/spot-metering.html

Many cameras have built in spot meters. They are also available separately.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 09:23:15 PM by AtomicDog »

Offline Glom

• Saturn
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2013, 12:04:07 AM »
It's always the same. NASA can do anything... except error check.