Author Topic: Space Program Support  (Read 1962 times)

Offline Ranb

• Mars
Space Program Support
« on: May 30, 2020, 01:12:23 PM »
I'm watching the live feed of the launch.  One of the NASA administrators is talking about the amazing Trump administration support of the space program calling it the best he has seen since JFK.  Seeing as how there seems to be a lack of focus, what you guys think of the current administration's support of the American space program?  Thanks.

Ranb

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
Re: Space Program Support
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2020, 01:29:54 PM »
It depends on what you mean by support.  The executive's job is to evangelize the space program.  The legislature's job is to fund and direct it.  The Trump administration does well at salesmanship, which is why we're all glued to our televisions today to (hopefully) see a return to space from American soil.  The ongoing lurch from disorganized project to disorganized project is the ongoing fault of a largely useless Congress.

All this is my opinion.  Your mileage may vary.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline Obviousman

• Jupiter
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2020, 06:10:49 PM »
Watching the feed this morning, I thought the NASA Administrator made a bit of a partisan comment when he said something to the effect of "...now that we have an administration that is supporting NASA..."; something like that. It might have been a simple slip of the tongue but I thought it was a jab at the Obama administration.

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2020, 08:20:08 PM »
It might have been.  Everything's partisan these days.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline Ranb

• Mars
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2020, 11:46:06 PM »
I suppose with the NASA administrator being a political appointee, he does need to grease the hands that feed him.