Author Topic: Oh lord show me the truth....  (Read 19610 times)

Offline Drewid

• Venus
Re: Oh lord show me the truth....
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2014, 11:12:33 AM »
I'm still struggling to find which films he has won awards for. All I have so far is that convicted criminal Sibrel has been told that his youtube videos were just lovely from an organisation that basically tells the people who pay them money to join that their youtube videos were just lovely.

All shall win prizes...

To be fair being an "award winning filmmaker" doesn't necessarily mean he won awards for his films.   That 50 yard swimming badge is still an award after all.

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2014, 01:44:44 AM »
Ooh, sneaky! ;D

Offline BazBear

• Mars
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2014, 11:02:04 AM »
Just as an aside; The Bart mentions in the OP linked article that he was Skyping with his dear Filipino fiance, which leads me wonder...

1) Is she real?
2) If she is real, have her and Brudda Bart ever met in real life?
3) If she is real, is "she" actually a Thai TV/TS hooker, living in Bangkok, who makes living bilking gullible middle aged men for phone and/or text sex? (okay, okay, that last bit is just my sick fantasy about what BB deserves) ;D
"It's true you know. In space, no one can hear you scream like a little girl." - Mark Watney, protagonist of The Martian by Andy Weir

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2014, 04:24:25 PM »
Seems Brother Bart isn't done yet - here he is being interviewed for some conspiracy website or other

http://thatalks.com/edition40/

You can skip the first 5 minutes as it's just vacuous preamble.

As opposed to what follows...

Offline beedarko

• Earth
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2014, 07:18:29 PM »
Seems Brother Bart isn't done yet - here he is being interviewed for some conspiracy website or other

http://thatalks.com/edition40/

You can skip the first 5 minutes as it's just vacuous preamble.

As opposed to what follows...

My goodness, it only took Brother Bart a minute or so to be caught in a bald faced lie, notwithstanding his claim of that silly "documentary" costing 1/2 million dollars to produce.  At 07:17 he talks about his stunt where he approached several astronauts and asked them to swear on the Bible that they walked on the moon, as if that action would produce any kind of proof either way.  He goes on to say that none of them "took the oath", which is provably false.  Gene Cernan accepted his challenge, and I believe one other astronaut did as well, (maybe someone else recalls... was it Bean??)  The look on Sibrel's face when Cernan agreed to his terms was priceless.  Think deer + headlights + the infamous Visine scene from A Clockwork Orange. 

Naturally he makes no mention of that incident.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 07:22:49 PM by beedarko »

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2014, 08:19:33 PM »
My goodness, it only took Brother Bart a minute or so to be caught in a bald faced lie...

I wonder how his new Boss will take to his habitual lies.

...notwithstanding his claim of that silly "documentary" costing 1/2 million dollars to produce.

We had quite a big laugh over that.  It's 40 minutes of royalty-free stock footage, except perhaps for the Zapruder film (for which the Zapruder family sometimes just waives royalties).  Sibrel claims he paid over $10,000 alone for the rights to the song "Destination Moon," but that's about two orders of magnitude too much for a minor use license.

The feature film Primer, in contrast, had a budget of $7,000 and actually required a cast and crew -- not just some guy editing stock footage in his basement.

Naturally he makes no mention of that incident.

God is watching, Brother Bart!
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2014, 10:01:54 PM »
The feature film Primer, in contrast, had a budget of $7,000 and actually required a cast and crew -- not just some guy editing stock footage in his basement.

Director: Shane Carruth.
Producer: Shane Carruth.
Writer: Shane Carruth.
Music: Shane Carruth.
Editing: Shane Carruth.
Starring: Shane Carruth.
Also starring: David Sullivan, Casey Gooden, Anand Upadhyaya, Carrie Crawford, Samantha Thomson and Brandon Blagg, most of whom are friends and family of....Shane Carruth.

That's one way to keep production costs down!!

That said, found the film very enjoyable.

NOTE: A $7000 budget with a $425,000 box office return is not be be sneezed at.
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2014, 10:51:00 PM »

And one that Sibrel should have used, since I can't find anyone else except him who worked on his first film.

A $7000 budget with a $425,000 box office return is not be be sneezed at.

Nope.  But according to Sibrel its profits still wouldn't have paid for the production costs of his own film.

But yes, the Salt Lake Film Society routinely sponsors films with production budgets in the low tens of thousands of dollars, often in the hopes that one will be a breakout hit.  These have crews, casts, location permits, transportation and catering costs, royalties and license fees -- stuff Sibrel didn't worry about.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline beedarko

• Earth
« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2014, 11:12:07 PM »

A thoroughly enjoyable mind bender, and worthy of repeat viewings. 

I had the opportunity to work on a film directed by Kevin Foxe, executive producer for The Blair Witch Project, the granddaddy of all low-budget film success stories.  He told me that during production, they were optimistic that they might be able to recoup their investment over a period of years through royalties from Blockbuster rentals.  I think the film's gross far surpassed it's budget on the opening weekend alone.
 :D
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 11:14:10 PM by beedarko »

Offline Noldi400

• Jupiter
« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2014, 03:46:28 PM »

And one that Sibrel should have used, since I can't find anyone else except him who worked on his first film.

Maybe he didn't have any friends.  ::)
"The sane understand that human beings are incapable of sustaining conspiracies on a grand scale, because some of our most defining qualities as a species are... a tendency to panic, and an inability to keep our mouths shut." - Dean Koontz

Offline Ranb

• Mars
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2014, 11:15:16 PM »
3) If she is real, is "she" actually a Thai TV/TS hooker, living in Bangkok, who makes living bilking gullible middle aged men for phone and/or text sex? .....
Whoaaaaaa doggy!  :)  All of my wives are from Asia, half from Thailand and I used Syke often to keep in touch.  Once you go brown you never go back.

Ranb

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2014, 08:40:27 AM »
That said, found the film very enjoyable.

And it made more sense and was more believable than Brother Barts project.   ???
The sun shone, having no alternative, on the nothing new. —Samuel Beckett

Offline BazBear

• Mars
« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2014, 10:45:39 AM »
3) If she is real, is "she" actually a Thai TV/TS hooker, living in Bangkok, who makes living bilking gullible middle aged men for phone and/or text sex? .....
Whoaaaaaa doggy!  :)  All of my wives are from Asia, half from Thailand and I used Syke often to keep in touch.  Once you go brown you never go back.

Ranb
Now you've done it; now I'll have the "Me so horny, me love you long time" scene from the film Full Metal Jacket stuck in my head the rest of the day. ;)

"It's true you know. In space, no one can hear you scream like a little girl." - Mark Watney, protagonist of The Martian by Andy Weir