Author Topic: Flu Home Remedies  (Read 29119 times)

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
Re: Flu Home Remedies
« Reply #105 on: February 06, 2015, 12:30:20 PM »
Another data point in favour of vaccination.

This week, the number of cases of measles in LA County went up by one.  He was a four-month-old boy whose parents were scrupulously following the vaccination schedule.  However, MMR is a twelve-month vaccine, and he was too young for it.  Now, he's fine--he's recovering, and I think today is even the day he and his dad (who was vaccinated but is unsure of his immunity, and the test wouldn't have gotten back until today anyway) get out of quarantine.  But he very well might not have been.  In the four days between when he became contagious and when he started to show symptoms, he might potentially have exposed a lot of other babies too young to vaccinate.  Because that's how measles works; you aren't showing signs of it when you first become contagious.  Get vaccinated if you haven't; his mother is begging people after having seen what her son went through.
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline Chief

• Venus
« Reply #106 on: February 10, 2015, 06:39:57 PM »
You don't need any pharmaceuticals. All you need is some essential oils. They cure everything don't you know. From cancer to warts to diverticulitis. They are really good at 'balancing' your body. At $10,000 a litre for some of them it's a good job you only need a drop or two.

Throw in a magnetic bracelet and some crystals and you will live sickness free forever.

They even have a hand biorhythm analyser which tells you which oils you need. You can't use it again straight after though because it throws the system out and gives you a different reading, which may be wrong. ::)

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline Chief

• Venus
« Reply #108 on: February 10, 2015, 09:46:47 PM »
Precisely the point of immunisation.

My cousin is deaf because her mother, who wasn't immunised (not standard practice in her country of birth) contracted rubella during pregnancy in the 60's.

The anti-vax groups are infinitely more dangerous than other CT's because what they promote has an effect on peoples health.

Offline ka9q

• Neptune
« Reply #109 on: February 11, 2015, 01:45:13 AM »
I also had a cousin born deaf in the mid 1960s to a mother who contracted rubella. I said "had" because he died suddenly a few years ago of a heart problem. Apparently rubella often damages fetal hearts as well as inner ears.

But no, the MMR vaccine is just a scam...