Author Topic: Secret Lizard People Double Agents  (Read 7748 times)

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
Secret Lizard People Double Agents
« on: November 21, 2012, 01:51:30 PM »
So my roommate was talking to me about V, which I must confess I've never seen.  However, she told me that part of the way the lizard people were plotting to take over the world included the suppression of science.  You can't trust science!  (Because science can prove that they're lizard people, naturally.)  Given that the people who believe that there are lizard people are also convinced that science is all some complicated plot, doesn't it make it probable that those people are in fact agents for the lizards?  Doing their dirty work?
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
Re: Secret Lizard People Double Agents
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, 04:10:50 PM »
That is what they want you to think so you won't really catch on to the real plan. 
The sun shone, having no alternative, on the nothing new. —Samuel Beckett

Offline RedneckR0nin

• Venus
  • RnR
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2012, 12:47:54 AM »
V ripped....only because I was like ....??....uhhhhh 8 or so when that show came out. I then matured and understood that reptilians rule all....just like a b rate cable show for my adolescent years.  8)
We landed..you too can learn this if you research

Offline Tedward

• Mars
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2012, 03:54:50 AM »
V, now there is a blast from the past. I was not a fan so avoided it. Even tried the books, I understand they are remaking it?

But how do they suppress science? Is there a big knife switch with a sign saying "SCIENCE" nailed over it in an evil laboratory with an evil scientist with a neutral Igor cackling as they throw the switch?

Offline Andromeda

• Jupiter
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2012, 05:53:49 AM »
V, now there is a blast from the past. I was not a fan so avoided it. Even tried the books, I understand they are remaking it?

But how do they suppress science? Is there a big knife switch with a sign saying "SCIENCE" nailed over it in an evil laboratory with an evil scientist with a neutral Igor cackling as they throw the switch?

Aargh!  He knows the plan!
"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny...'" - Isaac Asimov.

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2012, 12:05:09 PM »

Remade, past tense, with Inara from Firefly!

The same way a lot of people are trying now--denigrate scientists in the popular understanding and get legislation about requiring "teaching the controversy."  At least, that's my assumption.  As I said, I haven't seen it--either version.
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline Tedward

• Mars
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2012, 12:55:05 PM »
Oh, my mind just took a sideways step and my imagination went for a wander. Bit like wondering if there is a master switch for the internet somewhere in an abandoned office they are about to demolish.

Did not know they had remade it. Not made it to terrestrial over here, no dish here.

But, back to legislation. Some scary stuff happening over there I understand and I think some people over here have had a spat with chiropractors?