Author Topic: Ohoh! Looks like the hoaxheads mean business this time. New petition......  (Read 14223 times)

Offline Glom

• Saturn
Re: Ohoh! Looks like the hoaxheads mean business this time. New petition......
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2017, 04:54:31 PM »
Verily, thine number shall remain at 3.
I was wondering if one of us should sign it just for fun, but I wouldn't want to risk anyone doing a Sadiq Khan and setting something terrible in motion.

Offline dwight

• Jupiter
    • Live Tv From the Moon
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2017, 06:39:42 PM »
The army of hoax believers, if we are to believe their misguided rhetoric, have enough members to see this through without our help. Awe130 claims the movement is on the increase so we just need to sit back and watch the tidal wave swoop over and set a revolution in motion. They only have 99997 votes more to go! Strap yourselves in. It will be messy.
"Honeysuckle TV on line!"

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2017, 07:44:09 AM »
The army of hoax believers, if we are to believe their misguided rhetoric, have enough members to see this through without our help. Awe130 claims the movement is on the increase so we just need to sit back and watch the tidal wave swoop over and set a revolution in motion. They only have 99997 votes more to go! Strap yourselves in. It will be messy.

My bold, whoever it may be the tide isn't rising very rapidly.  Awe130 had his "whisper" touted for some time and probably only rodent brain joined him, IIRC.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2017, 09:40:04 AM »

My bold, whoever it may be the tide isn't rising very rapidly.  Awe130 had his "whisper" touted for some time and probably only rodent brain joined him, IIRC.
You made me go check in there to see how the rodent was doing. I scrolled back 7 pages before I gave up and not a single entry was real. All of them were the Global Market Spambot thing. The only interest to be found there now is the remarkably obscure market reports the spambot offers. For example, "Global Milk frothing industry" was particularly piquant. It invites so many questions and would have appeal to so few people. Nevertheless, I steeled myself and stiffened up my backbone and staunchly resisted the urge to click it.

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2017, 11:21:16 AM »
I'm rooting for an excess of infighting and turf wars, such that the administration will be effectively non-functional.  It won't stop them (or Congress) from doing real harm, but it will hopefully slow them down. 

And you have to admit, knife fights between Bannon and Jones would be entertaining.  Horrifying, but entertaining. 

That does sound like a current best-case scenario.  It's interesting, though--conspiracists join together when it's convenient and schism when it's convenient.  This is something we've all observed for years.  Since the incoming administration has such a strong conspiracist bent, it'll be interesting to watch it develop.  It's something I'd wish I could watch from far, far away, though.
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
  • Chaos in his tin foil hat
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2017, 01:15:04 AM »

Still 3... and I'm sure if awe130 were to speak on this matter he'd tell us that more people are joining the whisper each day.

Now excuse me if I'm being thick, but if the whisper is growing exponentially, which I think would be a reasonable assumption. What would be the coefficient of growth for the whisper based on this data.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 01:25:07 AM by Luke Pemberton »
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

A polar orbit would also bypass the SAA - Tim Finch

Offline Peter B

• Saturn
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2017, 07:04:38 AM »
.....that's floundering even more than Awe130's from back in 2012. It's going to be great shoving the results in their faces whenever they start yapping about how everybody is waking up to the supposed hoaxed landings.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov//petition/provide-full-disclosure-nasa-and-apollo-moon-landings

Oh no! The link is broken!

They must be on to something!

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2017, 07:35:58 AM »
.....that's floundering even more than Awe130's from back in 2012. It's going to be great shoving the results in their faces whenever they start yapping about how everybody is waking up to the supposed hoaxed landings.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov//petition/provide-full-disclosure-nasa-and-apollo-moon-landings

Oh no! The link is broken!

They must be on to something!

Maybe the new administration shut the site down.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline LunarOrbit

• Administrator
  • Saturn
    • ApolloHoax.net
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2017, 10:09:37 AM »
I wonder if all of the petitions were on the Obama White House website and were archived when it was replaced by the Trump (hurp)holds back urge to puke(/hurp) White House website.

Edited:
Yep, that's what it was. Here it is: https://petitions.obamawhitehouse.archives.gov//petition/provide-full-disclosure-nasa-and-apollo-moon-landings
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 12:35:56 PM by LunarOrbit »
It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth.
I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.
I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- Neil Armstrong (1930-2012)

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2017, 11:53:35 AM »
And they seemed to have lost 1 signer, only 2 currently.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Glom

• Saturn
« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2017, 01:30:44 PM »
And they seemed to have lost 1 signer, only 2 currently.
The brown enevelope finally arrived then.

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2017, 07:21:10 PM »
Back up to three again..
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline LunarOrbit

• Administrator
  • Saturn
    • ApolloHoax.net
« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2017, 07:28:31 PM »
I suppose they can petition Obama as much as they want now, but the smart move would be to recreate the petition on Trump's White House website.
It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth.
I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.
I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- Neil Armstrong (1930-2012)

Offline ineluki

• Earth
« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2017, 05:23:05 AM »
recreate the petition on Trump's White House website.

And have the great canadian law expert Moonman write it