Author Topic: I'm back, and I miss you all  (Read 11158 times)

Offline raven

• Uranus
Re: I'm back, and I miss you all
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2014, 01:27:09 AM »
Yes, the "telescope to the moon"-idea comes up again and again. I use the argument, that the mirror of such a contraption should be around 50 times the diameter of the HST's mirror to make a descent stage one single pixel on a camera equal to the HST's best.
And it would have to be outside the atmosphere as well, adding to the impracticality of such a thing. Far better to do what LRO did and send a much smaller telescope much, much closer.

Offline Allan F

• Saturn
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2014, 02:06:34 AM »
Would be nice to have the capability to launch a 130 meter mirror.

Well, it is like this: The truth doesn't need insults. Insults are the refuge of a darkened mind, a mind that refuses to open and see. Foul language can't outcompete knowledge. And knowledge is the result of education. Education is the result of the wish to know more, not less.

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2014, 02:15:19 PM »
Would be nice to have the capability to launch a 130 meter mirror.

Yes, that would be nice too.  :D

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2014, 02:08:53 PM »
I don't care a lot about the moon hoax anymore, and I think that 99% they happened,

What's the 1% thats in doubt?
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov