Author Topic: Ohoh! Looks like the hoaxheads mean business this time. New petition......  (Read 14234 times)

Offline mako88sb

• Mars
.....that's floundering even more than Awe130's from back in 2012. It's going to be great shoving the results in their faces whenever they start yapping about how everybody is waking up to the supposed hoaxed landings.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov//petition/provide-full-disclosure-nasa-and-apollo-moon-landings

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
I'm all for it - let them ask. There are lots of data files, some 16mm footage, the stellar camera images, and the now infamous Magazine 80 from Apollo 14 that are not yet available electronically. They are going to be so disappointed when all they get from this futile exercise is more data that proves we went. All three of them so far, that is.

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus

Petition went up on Dec 25th, and today is the 15th of January. They have 3 signatures (about 1 signature every seven days). By my reckoning they will have between 4 and 5 signatures by the deadline.

Looks like they will have to extend their deadline to  around August of the year 3933. By then, the Lunar and Martian Colonies will have already declared their independence from the Empire of Earth, and the first robotic probes will be just reaching Gleise 581.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 01:15:13 AM by smartcooky »
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline LunarOrbit

• Administrator
  • Saturn
    • ApolloHoax.net
They must realize that they finally have a President that is irrational enough to take them seriously.

Trump has shown himself to be a conspiracy theorist (Obama birth certificate, JFK assassination, climate change denial, anti-vaccinations), so this petition was likely created because they think he'd be open to the idea that the moon landings were faked.
It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth.
I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.
I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- Neil Armstrong (1930-2012)

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
I see the votes remain at three. Funny that.

Offline dwight

• Jupiter
    • Live Tv From the Moon
Three is the number of the counting, and the counting of the number shall be three. Five is right out.
"Honeysuckle TV on line!"

Offline Allan F

• Saturn
One
Two
Five.

Three, Sire.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 06:22:19 PM by Allan F »
Well, it is like this: The truth doesn't need insults. Insults are the refuge of a darkened mind, a mind that refuses to open and see. Foul language can't outcompete knowledge. And knowledge is the result of education. Education is the result of the wish to know more, not less.

Offline Glom

• Saturn
You'd think there'd be a few more woowoos out there.

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
You'd think there'd be a few more woowoos out there.
You assume some level of competence in them promoting their poll. Clearly this is unwarranted.

All you have at this point is effectively "me and my two mates" and nothing more.

Furthermore, the whole thing is predicated on the VAB. We already know this is nonsense.

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
  • Chaos in his tin foil hat
It's still 3...
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

A polar orbit would also bypass the SAA - Tim Finch

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
Re: Ohoh! Looks like the hoaxheads mean business this time. New petition......
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2017, 03:21:07 AM »
They must realize that they finally have a President that is irrational enough to take them seriously.

Trump has shown himself to be a conspiracy theorist (Obama birth certificate, JFK assassination, climate change denial, anti-vaccinations), so this petition was likely created because they think he'd be open to the idea that the moon landings were faked.

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter who is the Prez. Facts are facts are facts.

Three is the number of the counting, and the counting of the number shall be three. Five is right out.

Well said, Brother Maynard. Perhaps the hoaxheads are hoping for a lobbing of the grenade to defeat the legions of NASA shills?
Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it."

Aaaaannnnd it's still three. I assume that was Adrian, Dangermouse and a sock puppet? :o ;D
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2017, 06:08:56 AM »
Well said, Brother Maynard. Perhaps the hoaxheads are hoping for a lobbing of the grenade to defeat the legions of NASA shills?

"Bless this, O Lord, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy."

*** The number of the counting still be three!!
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline HeadLikeARock

• Venus
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2017, 07:11:31 AM »
"It is a confirmed fact by NASA that we cannot get past the Van Allen radiation belt to get to Mars without a major overhaul of the capsule. The radiation, which is dangerous to the crew and potentially damaging to the equipment, must be reduced to a minimal level inside the capsule to achieve success in the mission and safety of the crew. "

This is tantamount to saying:

In the 1970s, cars didn't have airbags. All modern cars must now have airbags. Ergo, cars didn't exist in the 1970's and earlier.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2017, 08:05:21 AM »
"It is a confirmed fact by NASA that we cannot get past the Van Allen radiation belt to get to Mars without a major overhaul of the capsule. The radiation, which is dangerous to the crew and potentially damaging to the equipment, must be reduced to a minimal level inside the capsule to achieve success in the mission and safety of the crew. "

And this is confirmed by who/what?

Still 3, for all the Monty Python fans.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Peter B

• Saturn
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2017, 08:51:41 AM »
I wonder if all three are convinced the actual number of people clicking on the petition has been suppressed...