Author Topic: This should settle it one way or the other...  (Read 7109 times)

Offline HeadLikeARock

• Venus
This should settle it one way or the other...
« on: December 01, 2016, 07:29:05 AM »

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
Re: This should settle it one way or the other...
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2016, 08:38:47 AM »
I doubt it. Given that die hards deny all the other evidence, they will just argue that the elites have conjured up the story for some numerological significance or other and that it is all faked in a studio somewhere, they're all in it together and all the dumb sheeple just lap it up.

It will, however, be very very cool :D

Offline HeadLikeARock

• Venus
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2016, 10:07:10 AM »
I doubt it. Given that die hards deny all the other evidence, they will just argue that the elites have conjured up the story for some numerological significance or other and that it is all faked in a studio somewhere, they're all in it together and all the dumb sheeple just lap it up.

Indeed! It will, however, be fun watching the anti-Truther-conpiracy-diehards slip further into denial-of-the-bleedin' obvious. You never know, some people may actually see the light and recant their Apollo-denialism.

And that's enough hyphenated-expressions for one post. :)

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2016, 10:50:59 AM »
I thought that NASA had excluded A11 and A17 sites from future over flights and landings/exploration.  Correct me if I am in error.

https://www.nasaspaceflight.com/2011/09/protecting-apollo-sites-future-visiting-vehicles-nasa-evaluation/

The exclusion zone for Apollo 11’s site will result in a keep-out zone of 75 meters from the lunar module descent stage, where as the zone will extend 200-225 meters from the Apollo 17 site.

Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2016, 03:06:47 PM »
They have, but really it's nothing they can enforce - it's more a polite request! The main concern is flying over the landing site as that would disturb what's there more than a little rover beetling about.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2016, 10:34:54 PM »
I know that can't enforce it, but I would think any nation would accept the proposal, perhaps not a private organization.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Rob48

• Venus
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2016, 06:11:08 AM »
I thought that NASA had excluded A11 and A17 sites from future over flights and landings/exploration.  Correct me if I am in error.

https://www.nasaspaceflight.com/2011/09/protecting-apollo-sites-future-visiting-vehicles-nasa-evaluation/

The exclusion zone for Apollo 11’s site will result in a keep-out zone of 75 meters from the lunar module descent stage, where as the zone will extend 200-225 meters from the Apollo 17 site.

According to the BBC story, the PT mission will not approach closer than 200 metres from the A17 artefacts:  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-38163327

Offline HeadLikeARock

• Venus
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2016, 07:20:09 AM »
I think the lander will land 1-2 miles away and the rover will trundle up closer to take video and stills. NASA are hoping that missions like this will leave the site pristine, but are happy for it to be viewed. Apollo 11 and Apollo 17 in particular have special "requirements" due to their historical significance.

"For the Apollo 17 site, the exclusion zone extends 225 meters from the lunar module descent stage"
https://www.nasa.gov/pdf/617743main_NASA-USG_LUNAR_HISTORIC_SITES_RevA-508.pdf

Interestingly, if they'd chosen any of Apollos 12, 14, 15, 16, they could have trundled withing 3m of the descent stage. That would be something.

Of course, they can do what they want, but there are good reasons for preserving historic sites. If it was an ISIS mission, they'd want to blow it up.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2016, 08:40:13 AM »
For us it will be good to view the sites albeit from a distance.  Personally I would suggest a trip to A12 and then examine Surveyor 3 which is not in the exclusion zone and it has been there for 3 more years than any of the Apollo landings.
Eugene Cernan

Offline HeadLikeARock

• Venus
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2016, 10:47:04 AM »
For us it will be good to view the sites albeit from a distance.  Personally I would suggest a trip to A12 and then examine Surveyor 3 which is not in the exclusion zone and it has been there for 3 more years than any of the Apollo landings.

I've written to them suggesting A15 would be better. Mount Hadley, Apennine Mountains, Hadley Rille, a 3 day J class mission with assorted accoutrement including lunar rover to investigate.

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
  • Chaos in his tin foil hat
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2016, 05:59:14 PM »
http://spacewatchme.com/2016/11/german-scientists-take-one-giant-leap-towards-moon/

...unless those pesky Germans are in on it too!

Interesting article, but the woo-woo crowd will invent a fantasy to denounce both missions being fake. That's the sad inevitability.

I have not posted in a while, and the reasons for this are reflected above. I'm in the company of some very knowledgeable people here, and I have chosen to learn more rather than bother myself with the hoax crowd. They are a lost cause.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

A polar orbit would also bypass the SAA - Tim Finch

Offline Obviousman

• Jupiter
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2016, 09:36:35 PM »
Yep. Remember:

They cried for evidence and when it was given, they cried "FAKE!".

"Where are the images?" they cried, and when it was given, they cried "FAKE!".

It once again reminds me of that old fraud, Jack White. He said words to the effect of:

'I am open to any evidence that proves I am wrong, however since the landings were faked, any evidence that says otherwise must itself be faked and can therefore be dismissed'.

Offline Bryanpoprobson

• Jupiter
  • Another Clown
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2016, 06:50:26 AM »

and of course if they find the evidence is irrefutable, they will fall back on... "Well they've had 45 years to put stuff up there remotely and get set up for missions such as this!" :D :D
"Wise men speak because they have something to say!" "Fools speak, because they have to say something!" (Plato)

Offline Obviousman

• Jupiter
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2016, 03:33:36 PM »
Wasn't it Turbonium who said as much, when questioned on that very matter?

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
  • Chaos in his tin foil hat
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2017, 04:55:44 PM »
Wasn't it Turbonium who said as much, when questioned on that very matter?

Not just Turbonium. A few on YT have presented the same argument.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

A polar orbit would also bypass the SAA - Tim Finch