Author Topic: Spacecraft films DVDs?  (Read 5090 times)

Offline astronaut23

• Mercury
Spacecraft films DVDs?
« on: November 08, 2013, 07:25:33 PM »
Not sure where to post this but thought I would ask.   If anyone has some of the spacecraft films dvds and which one is the best to get if you can only afford one to start with?   I'm guessing it would be one of the later apollos as the evas on the rover was much better picture quality than the black and white stuff from Apollo 11.

Offline Obviousman

• Jupiter
Re: Spacecraft films DVDs?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2013, 07:57:42 PM »
it depends upon where your interest lays; if you like a specific mission then that would be the one to get. If you just want to examine footage taken on the lunar surface then Apollos 16 or 17 are best.

If you are interested in the booster then The Mighty Saturns, etc, etc.

Offline astronaut23

• Mercury
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2013, 09:30:49 PM »
it depends upon where your interest lays; if you like a specific mission then that would be the one to get.

My problem is that I like all the missions.    ;)

Offline Obviousman

• Jupiter
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2013, 11:32:54 PM »
it depends upon where your interest lays; if you like a specific mission then that would be the one to get.

My problem is that I like all the missions.    ;)

Okay - how knowledgable are you? A novice? Good knowledge? Expert? (No problem - we all had to start learning at some stage)

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2013, 08:14:54 AM »
I'd go for Apollo 16 or 17. The 16mm footage is exquisite and the video is at its best as well.

Offline dwight

• Jupiter
    • Live Tv From the Moon
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2013, 07:45:45 AM »
If you decide to get into Skylab and ASTP, drop me a line as I have nearly all of the TV downlinks from all the Skylab missions, plus near complete TV from ASTP. Skylab has been painstakingly assembled in chronological order, as has ASTP.
"Honeysuckle TV on line!"