Author Topic: Reading the Warren Report  (Read 17417 times)

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
Re: Reading the Warren Report
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2016, 03:57:20 PM »
NatGeo has done some investigation, and has apparently discovered some details in old photographs, which show a defect in a traffic light after the shooting, which might be the first bullet impact. That traffic light has since been replaced, so there is no way to verify if it was a bullet impact or not.

The traffic light was just below LHO's position, and it could very well have been in the path of the first shot.
Do you have a link to the video?  All I got was a bunch of stills and from the look of the stills any shot to the traffic signal would have happened way too early for the reactions of those that heard the shot.

IIRC it was towards the end of this programme..."JFK: Lost Bullet"

If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline Allan F

• Saturn
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2016, 05:00:03 PM »
Sorry, no. I have seen it twice on TV.

Edit: It is likely to be this:
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 05:03:49 PM by Allan F »
Well, it is like this: The truth doesn't need insults. Insults are the refuge of a darkened mind, a mind that refuses to open and see. Foul language can't outcompete knowledge. And knowledge is the result of education. Education is the result of the wish to know more, not less.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2016, 10:34:30 PM »
Yes that was it along with all the Chinese commercials.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2016, 01:33:40 AM »
I think the idea of a shooter on the grassy knoll (or behind the stockade fence) is a ridiculous one, and here's why.

When a sniper wants to shoot at a moving target, the position and movement of which is predetermined as in the JFK Limo, he is going to choose a firing point that gives him the least lateral and vertical movement, ie, he wants the moving target to be as near stationary as possible from his perspective. In that regard, the ideal firing point would be one where the target is either moving directly away from him or directly towards him.

The second floor window on the corner of the TSBD would probably have been technically the ideal spot, except that the trees on the outside just after the corner of Elm Street would likely block the view directly down Elm Street. Its also too close to the ground; people are likely to spot the sniper.   

Going up to the Sixth Floor fixes those problems, but introduces one of its own, the need to track the target vertically. However, tracking a rising or falling target is much, much easier that tracking a target that is moving left to right or right to left.

The Grassy Knoll, however, is low to the ground and there are a lot of people around, which will increase your chances of being spotted before you start shooting. They will also be deafened by the gunshots and are sure to spot you once you do fire your first shot. Also, you are close to the target and on the inside of a slight bend. That would make the target most difficult to track as it is almost at its maximum left to right speed. Even worse, there, there are bystanders around, and they may not be stationary... you can't predict what they will do as the Presidential Limo approaches. One of them could pass through your firing line as you track the target. You are trying to shoot JFK and you will only have a couple of opportunities to do so; you won't want to waste them hitting bystanders.

I conclude that the Grassy Knoll/Stockade Fence area is just about the worst possible place in Dealey Plaza to shoot at the Presidential Limousine and no sniper who knew what he was doing would choose it. Instead, I think a sniper would choose exactly what LHO did. It was the best spot with the greatest chance of success.
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2016, 01:35:39 AM »
I mean, across the street would probably have been worse.  Not even any shelter.  Have you heard the idea that the gunman was in a storm drain?  My favourite part is the suggested storm drain that wasn't even there in 1963.
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2016, 08:24:03 AM »
I mean, across the street would probably have been worse.  Not even any shelter.  Have you heard the idea that the gunman was in a storm drain?  My favourite part is the suggested storm drain that wasn't even there in 1963.

I don't know whether or not the storm drain was there or not, but yes I have heard of the theory of the shooter in the drain.  IIRC it was from an old French guy that had Mafia connections, relating his story in pieces to a reporter making a program considering JFK's assignation.  The shooter was alleged to use "exploding" bullets for maximum damage.  One of the problems with a frontal shot is the head wound does not have a configuration for a front shot, only from the rear.  But then I'm not a CT with all sorts of "explanations" for oddities.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2016, 12:41:37 PM »
I saw it on an episode of Unsolved History, on the Discovery Channel.  One storm drain hadn't existed yet, and the other just didn't let you even see the motorcade properly, much less shoot anyone riding in it.
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2016, 12:50:03 PM »
I saw it on an episode of Unsolved History, on the Discovery Channel.  One storm drain hadn't existed yet, and the other just didn't let you even see the motorcade properly, much less shoot anyone riding in it.

Now that you brought that back up, I do remember a similar show several years ago that had the same conclusion no shot was possible from that position.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Ranb

• Mars
« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2016, 09:24:43 PM »
When a sniper wants to shoot at a moving target, the position and movement of which is predetermined as in the JFK Limo, he is going to choose a firing point that gives him the least lateral and vertical movement, ie, he wants the moving target to be as near stationary as possible from his perspective. In that regard, the ideal firing point would be one where the target is either moving directly away from him or directly towards him.
I tried to explain this stuff to a loser called Craig Roberts.  He is prostituting himself to sell his book called Kill Zone.  http://www.amazon.com/Kill-Zone-Sniper-Looks-Dealey/dp/1494985667/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1461115320&sr=8-1&keywords=kill+zone+roberts  He calls the point where JFK was shot the least favorite of his engagement points.  He preferred directly in front of the TSBD.  Roberts is a fool.

Ranb

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2016, 11:38:09 PM »
I tried to explain this stuff to a loser called Craig Roberts.  He is prostituting himself to sell his book called Kill Zone.  http://www.amazon.com/Kill-Zone-Sniper-Looks-Dealey/dp/1494985667/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1461115320&sr=8-1&keywords=kill+zone+roberts  He calls the point where JFK was shot the least favorite of his engagement points.  He preferred directly in front of the TSBD.  Roberts is a fool.

Ranb
As are most of the CT's.  I think that smartcookie is correct, when the target is moving more or less in line and just needs leading in one direction, instead of the two or more right as the vehicle is turning.  If the theory of the lost bullet is correct an attempt was made once the vehicle were again moving straight and closer. 
Eugene Cernan