Author Topic: Apollo 17 Visor Reflection  (Read 10803 times)

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
Re: Apollo 17 Visor Reflection
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2017, 12:36:23 PM »
I started reading the comments and quickly wanted to bang people's heads into solid things.

Offline benparry

• Mars
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2017, 02:41:53 PM »
after seeing all this only people who want to believe in the theory do lol

Offline apollo16uvc

• Mars
  • Where no telescope has gone before.
    • Patreon
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2017, 04:11:43 PM »
Too bad Fox News, we already know your game.

Let's start:

First off: It is not a video. It is a B/W photo made with a Hasselblad 500EL/M camera.

Secondly: No, the 'video' (actually photo) is not ' Newly discovered ' the photo has been known for a long time.

Third: It is not a new "Discovery" , the hoax theory about this picture is already old.

The claim: The reflection shows a placement hand, someone without PLSS

The photo: AS17-141-21608

Photo made by Jack Schmitt, shows Gene Cernan. Jack Schmitt can be seen in visor reflection.

Now that we know the photo, we can see if the TV camera was active at that time. After all, this is Apollo 17, so the TV camera was on the LRV.

Yes!:
The astronauts, both clearly with suits: http://apollo17.org?t=165:09:20
Moment the photo was: http://apollo17.org?t=165:16:41

The crop that everyone is talking about:

Let's compare the suit with an astronaut in the same direction:

What else do we see? the shadow of Gene Cernan clearly shows the PLSS. The protruding part in the middle of the austronaut is a hand and/or Hasselblad 500EL /M camera.

Example of camera at the top left:
https://www.hq.nasa.gov/alsj/a17/AS17-136-20739HR.jpg

For closure, here is a photo made by Gene Cernan who shows Schmitt jacket with the complete suit:

NASA photo ID: AS17-140-21496
TV: http://apollo17.org?t=165:34:53
Photo: https://spaceflight.nasa.gov/gallery/images/apollo/apollo17/hires/as17-140-21496.jpg
Watch me at: YouTube
Experience the past: Flickr
Support me on Patreon

Offline benparry

• Mars
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2017, 12:10:51 PM »
thanks guys for all the answers. you may remember me saying that I had debated with a guy about this on FB. well he has created a youtube video all of his own lol here it is. anyone fancy a crack at it

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2017, 12:27:09 PM »
Ah our old nemesis, hunbacked.  He has some very pronounced visual perceptions, look at his video concerning A12 when Pete and Alan were at the Surveyor looking back towards the LM.  He tells you what to expect and then shows you exactly what he describes and has thaudacity to tell everyone no the image didn't "look right",  ka9q has tried vainly to correct his misguided beliefs, to no avail.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline benparry

• Mars
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2017, 02:23:24 PM »
I have looked at his video concerning buzz Aldrin in which he lies about buzz not saluting with his right hand when he clearly does. What did you think of this video

Offline benparry

• Mars
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2017, 02:27:20 PM »
Also after I sent to him all of your replies he said to me that the life support system is rectangular and the shadow is square lol

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2017, 02:51:53 PM »
Hunchbacked (Pascal Xavier) is less of a nemesis and more of a card-carrying nutjob. As others have said, he's has demonstrated numerous times that he appears to have serious problems with comprehending simple spatial concepts. I think that his eyes are painted on.... ;-)  ::)

There's absolutely no point in debating with him as he is impervious to change.
The mildly amusing thing is that he tries to debunk David Icke's claims about the shadows being "wrong", yet Hunchbacked uses many of the same arguments in some of his videos.

What.
A.
Weirdo.
 :o
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline benparry

• Mars
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2017, 03:03:02 PM »
lol really. what did you think of his the shadow is square comment

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2017, 03:36:14 PM »
lol really. what did you think of his the shadow is square comment

The same that I think about all his other drivel. It's arrant nonsense.
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline benparry

• Mars
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2017, 04:00:56 PM »
lol fair enough. he does seem to be ignorant to his own errors

Offline Rob48

• Venus
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2017, 08:46:30 AM »

Offline benparry

• Mars
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2017, 01:28:13 PM »
ah ok thanks rob. did you happen to have a look at the video I attached of hunbacked. what did you think of his comments

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2017, 02:03:43 PM »
Ben
As others have posted hunchbacked has spatial recognition problems, so just about anything he comments on is pure bunk.  I have debated with him calling him out on his visual perceptions and just laughed me off.
BTW Phil Plait has a nice piece on the A17 visor image
http://www.syfy.com/syfywire/no-thats-not-a-stagehand-in-an-apollo-astronaut-photo

The shadow on the ground is of the PLSS, regardless of what he may say about it.  I wouldn't waste too much time on him, as Zakalwe has indicated hunchbacked is hard cored convinced that Apollo was faked, and not much will change his mind.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline mako88sb

• Mars
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2017, 03:43:16 PM »
It's pretty hilarious some of the things Hunchbacked comes up with. For instance, he's made the claim in the past that the astronauts were either under the influence of some kind of CIA mind control device or on drugs such as LSD or both at the same time.