Author Topic: I don’t know if man went to the moon in the sixties  (Read 104804 times)

Offline Glom

• Saturn
Re: Re: I don’t know if man went to the moon in the sixties
« Reply #120 on: May 08, 2012, 03:43:22 PM »
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27417638@N07/6160030585/lightbox/

from Scott Sullivan's Virtual Apollo.  This depicts the pressurized volume.  The habitable volume is the portion excluding the dark green equipment bays and their equipment.

I love virtual Apollo and its cousin virtual LM. I'd look at my copy if I was at home. I wonder if dakdak had read it.

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
Re: I don’t know if man went to the moon in the sixties
« Reply #121 on: May 08, 2012, 04:12:37 PM »
I talked with Scott a few years ago.  One of his motivations for putting those books together was the oft-repeated hoax claim that no suitable documentation existed for the Apollo hardware.  He set out to prove that it was possible essentially to reverse engineer at least the mechanical design of the Apollo spacecraft using only publicly available materials.  I really love his work.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline ka9q

• Neptune
« Reply #122 on: May 09, 2012, 01:21:41 AM »
Anybody who repeats that myth of "no Apollo documentation" gets grabbed by the shoulders and told about the NASA Technical Reports Server (ntrs.nasa.gov). Some will complain that it still doesn't contain every Apollo document. Others just stare back blankly. Trying to inform and reason with these people is an exercise in futility.

Offline Ranb

• Mars
« Reply #123 on: May 09, 2012, 11:32:04 AM »
That's up to whoever's now in charge of handing out the T-shirts.

I have been waiting so long for mine that I forgot what I corrected Jay about.  All I remember was that it had something to do with radiation.

I think I will make my own.  Anyone have ideas for a simple design that I can bring to the local T-shirt shop?

Ranb

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
« Reply #124 on: May 09, 2012, 12:24:45 PM »
That's up to whoever's now in charge of handing out the T-shirts.

I have been waiting so long for mine that I forgot what I corrected Jay about.  All I remember was that it had something to do with radiation.

I think I will make my own.  Anyone have ideas for a simple design that I can bring to the local T-shirt shop?

Ranb

On the front it has the photo of Jay in his acting role, wearing the wig, placed over an outline map of Utah.  Above the image it says "I corrected" and on the back it says "and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."  Underneath in smaller letters is added "And I had to pay for it myself."
The sun shone, having no alternative, on the nothing new. —Samuel Beckett

Offline Tedward

• Mars
« Reply #125 on: May 10, 2012, 07:41:24 AM »
Oh, thought I posted a reply a few days ago. Went along the lines of asking DAKDAK why the issue with the parachute size and going on about air bags and spinnakers and how they are packed down along with the humble parachute used to stop humans going "squish".

Oh well.

Offline Laurel

• Earth
« Reply #126 on: May 10, 2012, 07:06:33 PM »
It would take at least 3 additional cameramen to take all the lunar footage not Ed Fendell from Houston with a remote control
DAKDAK, next time you're here, would you please explain why these additional cameramen would have been needed?
"Well, my feet they finally took root in the earth, but I got me a nice little place in the stars, and I swear I found the key to the universe in the engine of an old parked car..."
Bruce Springsteen

Offline BazBear

• Mars
« Reply #127 on: May 10, 2012, 07:46:15 PM »
It would take at least 3 additional cameramen to take all the lunar footage not Ed Fendell from Houston with a remote control
DAKDAK, next time you're here, would you please explain why these additional cameramen would have been needed?
Well it could be said they did have 3 other "camera men" besides Fendell; the commander and LM pilot on the surface and the CM pilot in orbit. If DAKDAK actually looked at the photo, film, and video record, I think he/she would see the imagery is all consistent with the "official story".
"It's true you know. In space, no one can hear you scream like a little girl." - Mark Watney, protagonist of The Martian by Andy Weir

Offline BazBear

• Mars
« Reply #128 on: May 10, 2012, 07:56:38 PM »
Anybody who repeats that myth of "no Apollo documentation" gets grabbed by the shoulders and told about the NASA Technical Reports Server (ntrs.nasa.gov). Some will complain that it still doesn't contain every Apollo document. Others just stare back blankly. Trying to inform and reason with these people is an exercise in futility.
A search there using "Apollo" only gave me 29,494 hits! ;)
"It's true you know. In space, no one can hear you scream like a little girl." - Mark Watney, protagonist of The Martian by Andy Weir

Offline dwight

• Jupiter
    • Live Tv From the Moon
« Reply #129 on: May 11, 2012, 02:44:23 AM »
You reckon that's bad. Try doing a search on the JSC History Portal. If you want to know who made the cable that connected the Skylab TV camera to the breakout boxes located throughout the station, that is where you'll get the answer - and then some.
"Honeysuckle TV on line!"

Offline DAKDAK

• Venus
  • BANNED
« Reply #130 on: May 15, 2012, 03:15:39 AM »
Quote from: LunarOrbit
And by the way, DAKDAK, if you're going to flood the forum with attachments perhaps you'd like to help pay for the forums hosting and bandwidth?

I do apologize. I did not realize I was costing anyone money, and will not attach things in the future.

[Post restored by LunarOrbit]
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 08:26:12 PM by LunarOrbit »

Offline Laurel

• Earth
« Reply #131 on: May 15, 2012, 09:43:14 AM »
You didn't answer my question about the three additional cameramen, DAKDAK.
"Well, my feet they finally took root in the earth, but I got me a nice little place in the stars, and I swear I found the key to the universe in the engine of an old parked car..."
Bruce Springsteen

Offline ApolloGnomon

• Venus
« Reply #132 on: May 15, 2012, 07:30:19 PM »
And by the way, DAKDAK, if you're going to flood the forum with attachments perhaps you'd like to help pay for the forums hosting and bandwidth?

I do apologize. I did not realize I was costing anyone money, and will not attach things in the future.

While you're at it perhaps you could learn the finer points of using the "quote" tags?

Protip: click the "quote" button on a post and the forum software does it for you! If quoting a badly formatted post (like yours above) you may need to ADD a quote tag.

Hint: they come in pairs, before and after the quoted text!
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 07:32:06 PM by ApolloGnomon »

Offline DAKDAK

• Venus
  • BANNED
« Reply #133 on: May 16, 2012, 02:47:21 AM »
Quote from: ChrLz
Dak, what makes you think you can simply ignore the problems and errors already pointed out to you, and move on?

This is the first time I ever went on a site like this I really dont have any rebuttals I think the replies were excellent and maybe I am completely wrong about Apollo,but I still have serious doubts.Is there anything else I need to reply too that you know of?? I will be happy to try.

[Post restored by LunarOrbit]
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 08:27:48 PM by LunarOrbit »

Offline Tedward

• Mars
« Reply #134 on: May 16, 2012, 03:09:07 AM »
Bit of careful reading and careful replies. Look back through your posts.

What I love about this site is the questions get asked are usually answered frankly. I think I know a little bit, then the more knowledgeable demonstrate what I know is a drop. Ask carefully and digest the replies.

So am I swallowing what is provided here as I accuse the hoax believer? No, I can look elsewhere and check it up and whilst some replies are way above me but you can follow it, others are a kick start to the old noggin back into gear. Some of the information might be more technical library but you can do enough research to have an understanding.

I find the imagery issues interesting in that is not hard get your head around, same for the filming and other such things people think are involved (issues as in people doggedly hanging onto it like a dog with a mangy bone).