Author Topic: Almost famous  (Read 5403 times)

Offline Ishkabibble

• Earth
  • The Truth is Out There...
Re: Almost famous
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2015, 11:32:05 PM »
My wife is really big into Genealogy. She tells me that my great-great-great-grandfather's first cousin's brother-in-law's uncle was also related to a guy who knew someone who had lived on the same street with some lady who was descended from Harroled Godredson who was King of the Isle of Man in the 13th century. In other words, I'm not famous, and nobody else in my family is either.  ::)
You don't "believe" that the lunar landings happened. You either understand the science or you don't.

If the lessons of history teach us any one thing, it is that no one learns the lessons that history teaches...

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2015, 12:36:17 PM »
My wife is really big into Genealogy. She tells me that my great-great-great-grandfather's first cousin's brother-in-law's uncle was also related to a guy who knew someone who had lived on the same street with some lady who was descended from Harroled Godredson who was King of the Isle of Man in the 13th century. In other words, I'm not famous, and nobody else in my family is either.  ::)
I resemble that remark.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Peter B

• Saturn
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2015, 04:13:06 AM »

In the world today, that's probably enough to make you famous...

Offline PetersCreek

• Venus
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2015, 03:34:51 AM »
My wife is really big into Genealogy.

A relative on my mother's side of the family did some research many years ago and traced the Ratcliff line back to John Ratcliffe, captain of the Discovery and later, president of the Jamestown colony. 

My own personal brushes with fame were exceedingly minor: once published in the magic magazine, M-U-M, for an original effect; and I once made it into the Alaska state finals of the National Karaoke Signing Contest.  Didn't even come close to Vegas, baby.