Author Topic: NASA's 30 Billion Dollar Scam  (Read 124018 times)

Offline ApolloGnomon

• Venus
Re: Re: NASA's 30 Billion Dollar Scam
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2012, 11:35:20 PM »
Nobody goes to Mir anymore,

Well, Actually . . . .

The basic structural frame of Zvezda, known as "DOS-8", was initially built in the mid-1980s to be the core of the Mir-2 space station. This means that Zvezda is similar in layout to the core module (DOS-7) of the Mir space station. It was in fact labeled as "Mir-2" for quite some time in the factory.

. . .  the ISS is MIR-2. Kinda.

But I love the way "theorists" totally ignore the hundreds of non-meat-carrying space missions that happened in the 40 years since Apollo. I'd say those are a pretty good track record.

Offline BazBear

• Mars
Re: NASA's 30 Billion Dollar Scam
« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2012, 02:40:23 PM »
Within forty years of the Wright Brothers flight across the Atlantic Ocean in 1903...

I'm not a member on the JREF boards.  Someone should nominate that for a stundie.

Someone did.
I was surprised that no one beat me to it.
"It's true you know. In space, no one can hear you scream like a little girl." - Mark Watney, protagonist of The Martian by Andy Weir

Offline Eternidad195

• Mercury
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2013, 08:37:28 AM »
I don't know why you all attack him.  Why don't you examine the Apollo's pictures.
I have a blog about the Apollo's photographs

http://apolloconspiracy.blogspot.co.uk/

And I am not going away

Offline Daggerstab

• Earth
    • Badly Honed Bytes (my blog)
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2013, 08:53:53 AM »
I don't know why you all attack him.  Why don't you examine the Apollo's pictures.

And I am not going away

Good. Then start a new thread about what you think are the crucial arguments against the reality of Apollo.

Offline Mag40

• Mars
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2013, 08:57:21 AM »

And I am not going away

Look's like a self promoting exercise.....using plagiarised material from numerous sources. Here....let me direct you to two websites that debunk your whole blog -

http://www.clavius.org/

http://www.badastronomy.com/bad/tv/foxapollo.html

Offline dwight

• Jupiter
    • Live Tv From the Moon
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2013, 09:01:06 AM »
Oh man is there any chance one of you next-gen HBers could actually be a next-genner and start designing websites that dont burn out the human retina after 5 seconds?
"Honeysuckle TV on line!"

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2013, 09:12:33 AM »
Oh man is there any chance one of you next-gen HBers could actually be a next-genner and start designing websites that dont burn out the human retina after 5 seconds?

Hey...maybe they NEED nice bright primary colours and big fonts....
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline Andromeda

• Jupiter
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2013, 09:14:24 AM »
I don't know why you all attack him.

You confuse "attack" and "defence".

Why don't you examine the Apollo's pictures.

We have.

I took a quick look but the layout and colours made me feel nauseous.  Please state your claims here (it's in the rules).

And I am not going away

As another poster said, please start a new thread laying out your exact claims and the evidence for them (by evidence, I mean known science).
"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny...'" - Isaac Asimov.

Offline Andromeda

• Jupiter
« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2013, 09:18:53 AM »
A quick Google search shows that a user named "Eternidad195" is a big fan of Hunchbacked's YouTube videos.  Are you the same person?
"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny...'" - Isaac Asimov.

Offline Glom

• Saturn
Re: Re: NASA's 30 Billion Dollar Scam
« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2013, 09:31:09 AM »

He came in gung ho making audacious yet derivative claims that are without basis. He then never returned to defend or retract those claims.

It is those things we have attacked.

Offline Jason Thompson

• Uranus
« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2013, 09:56:48 AM »

We deal with his claims.

We have. I have seen every one of them.

Good for you. If you want to discuss that here then you'll need to present your arguments here, not by linking us to your website.

And I am not going away

Good. Discussion here is always welcome.
"There's this idea that everyone's opinion is equally valid. My arse! Bloke who was a professor of dentistry for forty years does NOT have a debate with some eejit who removes his teeth with string and a door!"  - Dara O'Briain

Offline gwiz

• Mars
« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2013, 11:20:04 AM »
Having had a quick look (the headache-inducing colours prevented a longer look), my impression is that you need to learn the basics of photography, lighting and perspective.  If you understood these subjects, you would see that your claimed anomalies in the Apollo photographic record are in fact easily explained effects.

Bring your best single item of evidence here and we will explain it to you.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 11:21:55 AM by gwiz »
Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind - Terry Pratchett
...the ascent module ... took off like a rocket - Moon Man

Offline Halcyon Dayz, FCD

• Earth
  • Contrarian's Contrarian
« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2013, 11:34:23 AM »
We have. I have seen every one of them.
From you I believe that.

Hoaxies often claim they have, and then make a statement about them that blatantly demonstrates they haven't.
Hatred is a cancer upon the world.
It rots the mind and blackens the heart.

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2013, 11:38:26 AM »

We don't attack him.  We refute his claims.  He is arrogant and very wrong, hence he has received the strong response he engendered.

I have, and I have been consulted professionally about them and have appeared on television (including U.K. television) to discuss them and the theories that say they were hoaxed.  I guarantee each one of the regulars here has studied more of the Apollo photographs, and more about them, than you have.  Kindly do not begin your debate by assuming you know more than your critics.

Yes, I see.  Please read a book about effective web design.  Your site is painful to read.

Looking at the first couple of screenfulls, I can see that you're simply repeating the same old nonsense as others have.  You clearly know nothing about radiation, whether in general or as it applies to space.  You have been given the link to my web site.  I suggest you read it, because everything you say on your site was refuted there years ago.  You're simply dredging up old debunked claims.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline BazBear

• Mars
« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2013, 12:05:29 PM »
It's not as "good" Timecube, but he's on the right track! ;)
"It's true you know. In space, no one can hear you scream like a little girl." - Mark Watney, protagonist of The Martian by Andy Weir