Off Topic > Other Conspiracy Theories

JFK - 3 shooters 6 shots

<< < (214/232) > >>

Jason Thompson:

--- Quote from: Mr Gorsky on June 12, 2012, 06:43:49 AM ---HB: That's ridiculous, you are parroting the official story.
--- End quote ---

This is one I have never been able to extract a decent answer from any conspiracy theorist for: exactly how do they distinguish between parroting a story and actually repeating the truth? For example, it doesn't matter how many times you ask me, I'm going to tell you 2+2 = 4 because it does. That's the official line and one supported by reality. So am I just parroting the official line that 2+2 = 4 then?

ka9q:
It's more like this:

while(1){
   HB: Hey look at the anomaly in this (randomly chosen) picture.
   AH: That isn't an anomaly, it is [scientific explanation]
   HB: That's ridiculous, you are parroting the official story.
   AH: *Facepalm*
}

SolusLupus:
Prof, I know you're likely to get lost in all the people posting responses, and get back to pointing out perceived "inconsistencies".

I really do want to know if you read and thought about my post, #1063, though.

profmunkin:

--- Quote from: SolusLupus on June 11, 2012, 10:49:30 PM ---
Prof, I'm going to give a shot at this here.  Do you know what cherry picking is?

It's where you start with a conclusion and work backwards, trying to fit every piece of data you can find to support the conclusion, ignoring everything else that doesn't seem to support it.

--- End quote ---
Yes I agree with this definition.

Does it not cause you to wonder---
How 3 men could not detect 3 reports from a rifle 12 feet away?  Is this even in the realm of plausible, because it sure as hell is not possible. Have you ever been around firearms? If so you KNOW that it is not possible to have a rifle, 12 feet away, fire and not KNOW it. Without ear protection your ears may even be ringing after a report. The first report would have scared the hell out of Jarmin and Williams and Norman.

Have you ever worked in an old, open, wooden floored warehouse?
You can hear every step from people walking on the floor above you, peek thru the cracks, even pick-up conversations. A rifle report in an open warehouse would have a tremendous reverberation, there would be no mistaking it was directly above you.
Jarmin said the report came from below and left.
Jarmin and Williams said all three reports sounded like backfire from a motorcycle. (this means the sounds were like motorcycles in the motorcade back-firing in case you can't put this together)
(((Jarmin 8 years in the Army)))
ONLY Norman figured it out and ONLY after all three shots had been fired and ONLY after Jarmin had voiced an opinion that he thought someone maybe shooting at the President and ONLY after Norman remembered hearing a bolt and hulls hitting the floor, "that it may have come from above us"
Jarmin, Williams and Norman all said they did not hear anyone on the 6th floor
Williams said he did not hear ANYTHING from the 6th floor.
Jarmin, Williams and Norman all said the shots were not evenly spaced but like Bham....Bham.Bham, a few second pause between shot 1 and 2 the shot 2 followed immediately by shot 3. How can you ignore this information? These guys are 12 feet away, they should be able to discern the rhythm of the shots.
Williams was on the 6th floor eating lunch by the pair of windows adjacent to the nest, till just a few minutes before the motorcade came by, Why would Oswald not have just walked up to the 7th floor or do you believe he just took his chances and waited for Williams to leave?
Was Oswald hiding on the sixth floor or in the stairwell or on the 7th floor waiting to come down?
After the shooting, did Jarmin, Williams and Norman run downstairs to inform everyone? no they ran down to the West window to watch all of the activity on the grassy knoll and rail yard.
How did Oswald run by Victoria Adams and Sandra Styles on the stairwell without Victoria or Sandra seeing or hearing him on the steps?

Do you really believe Jarmin and Williams and Norman are that stupid, really, really, really, really?
If they are THAT stupid, why would you even consider any of Normans testimony including that he heard a bolt and hulls hitting the floor?

Cherry-picking-- me ? I think not

SolusLupus:
First of all, you have terms mixed around.  Things that are not possible are never plausible.

Were any shooters spotted in the grassy knoll?  No, not a single one.  Did they leave behind shell casings or any trace they were there?  No, they did not.  Would it have been wise to carry an assassination with more than one shooter, then pretend it was only one?  No, it would not have.

Have I fired a gun before?  Yes.  Have I been in a large empty warehouse before?  Yes.

A gunshot in close quarters, especially with little in the way of the acoustics, does have a tendency to be so loud that it's not easy to directly pinpoint.  Echo is always a concern with loud noises, too.

Do I "really believe Jarmin and Williams and Norman are that stupid, really, really, really, really?"  No, I do not "really, really, really, really" believe they were stupid.

But you're still picking at small cherries here, and insisting they make a pie.  They don't.

We have video evidence of the shooting.

We have forensic evidence of the shooting.

We have a vast preponderance of testimony, not just a handful of people.

We have the gun.  We have the bullets.  Oswald shot a police officer before ducking into a theater.

You're accusing us of "cherry picking", but all of us can recognize this vast wealth of information.  You, however, pick out three people and say "That's the evidence!  What they said sounds fishy to me!  SO THERE MUST HAVE BEEN MORE THAN ONE SHOOTER".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version