Author Topic: Have we heard anything from....  (Read 4803 times)

Offline Noldi400

• Jupiter
Have we heard anything from....
« on: August 07, 2013, 02:06:02 PM »
Has Gus Grissom's son done anything further on his allegations of sabotage lately?  I'm dealing with an HB who's waving that particular flag and I haven't seen anything in several years.  Did he finally accept the official report or what?

Also, the engineer who supposedly backed up his story, Clark MacDonald: did his report ever come to light? It was said to have been destroyed, but wouldn't you think he would have kept a copy, which could have been put on the net by now? 
"The sane understand that human beings are incapable of sustaining conspiracies on a grand scale, because some of our most defining qualities as a species are... a tendency to panic, and an inability to keep our mouths shut." - Dean Koontz

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
Re: Have we heard anything from....
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2013, 04:22:17 PM »
Has Gus Grissom's son done anything further on his allegations of sabotage lately?  I'm dealing with an HB who's waving that particular flag and I haven't seen anything in several years.  Did he finally accept the official report or what?

Also, the engineer who supposedly backed up his story, Clark MacDonald: did his report ever come to light? It was said to have been destroyed, but wouldn't you think he would have kept a copy, which could have been put on the net by now?

I don't know if he accepted NASA's report, but I haven't heard anything from him since sci.space.history (or some similar Usenet group) revealed that he had likely been aware of it all the time he was soliciting funds to combat NASA's "coverup."  And despite a diligent effort, I was never able to obtain Clark MacDonald's alleged report.  All I got for my trouble was a long string of puerile epithets.  I can't imagine it would have shed much useful light on the controversy, since the younger Grissom's claims never had a shred of engineering justification.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline Noldi400

• Jupiter
Re: Have we heard anything from....
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2013, 12:02:50 AM »
Thanks, Jay.  I thought that was probably about the way of it.
"The sane understand that human beings are incapable of sustaining conspiracies on a grand scale, because some of our most defining qualities as a species are... a tendency to panic, and an inability to keep our mouths shut." - Dean Koontz